Brainlet here

brainlet here
Battery (blue) in my car alarm died. I had to remove clamps from car battery for the fucking alarm to go off.
Shops are closed because of 1st may labour day and i would like to start my car. This blue A23 12V battery is impossible to get today. I only have normal duracell AAA and energizer AA battery. Is it possible to use them to power this thing or am i an idiot? I did pic related using aluminium foil but when i press the button nothing happens and the red light should flash. Am i doing something wrong?
pls help

Attached: alarm.jpg (378x670, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A23_battery
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i thought car alarms were powered by the vehicle's main battery.

thing in pic related is keychain alarm
yeah i head to unclamp main battery for the alarm to go off

Just a heads up, I'm not an expert. Others on this board knows more about electronics than me, but my first comment is that I don't think that aluminium foil is a particularly good conductor. Secondly, if the A23 is 12 volts, then your AA battery (between 1.2 and 1.5 V) is not going to cut it.

looks like both energizer and duracel has 1.5V
maybe if i combine like 6-7 of them it will work?

If you don't have a small 12V battery at hand just rig 8 1.5V AA/AAA batteries in line. I will be ugly but work.

Yeah, connect 7-8 of them in series. But still, I don't think the aluminum foil is a good enough conductor for that low voltage. See if you can find something else.

>See if you can find something else.
like?

12V is a common voltage in wall adapters, try to see if you have any that can do it. Or use the car battery itself if the hood opens from outside, but you'll probably need to regulate it since those run like 14V in practice.

this has to be bait i cant believe what im seeing here :'( sperg thread

a fucking copper wire, mongoloid

Attached: 1552858884496.jpg (335x378, 17K)

Those A23 batteries are just 8x 1.5V button cells in series.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A23_battery

You could just get a bunch of those batteries and wrap them in tape to hold them together.

Pull the fuse to the alarm shit dick. Problem solved.

Not that easy user.

Thank you guys for all the replies.

It really is that easy.

Look up "joule thief," user.

Aluminum foil is a fine conductor. Not my first choice, but it's okay.

i think it has wiring to immobiliser and some other parts of the car and i would have to rewire some shit to make it work
car is Fiat Seicento 2003

It absolutely is that easy user. But have fun fucking around in the mean time.

> powering an RF device with a joule thief of all things
> expecting somebody who tries to stick AAs where an A23 goes using aluminum foil to have a loose transistor and magnet wire around

Attached: 1556721478454.png (511x384, 63K)

just stick 240v into the blue battery, that should recharge it quickly

>This blue A23 12V is impossible to get today
I could go on a 10 minute walk and buy one at at least one corner store in town

Also A23s are just several button cells in a casing, it'd cost a lot more than just buying an A23 but you could just replace it with button cells

OY VEY

Give back the vehicle Jamal