Best video editing software?

Not sure if this is the right board. I am not asking for support with a specific software. However, I would like to know what's around.

>be me
>2nd world country
>hired for academic job
>required to film videos to upload
>is_this_youtube.txt

Anyway, I know a lot of you first-worlders will say it is up to the company to provide me with appropriate software and yada yada yada.

But fact is I am alone.

The videos I am editing are extremely simple.
The actions I need to do are:
>film video (e.g. 500 Mb)
>eventually split it and trim it
>add a 10 seconds slide before the video begins (title)
>add a 20 seconds black slide at the end of the video (end title)
>eventually, I have some copyright-free music I want to put in the first 10 sec and in the last 20 sec (intro and outro). Music comes in mp3 format and is already faded in an appropriate way

My problems:

1. Trimming is never perfect. I find it hard to cut the video exactly at the time I want it to be cut. Even Moo0, which lets me type in the exact time frame, will do what it wants.

2. I paid for Movie Maker PRO. Nothing like the original.
>crashes if I switch windows during encoding (say, to browse a text file, etc.)
>cannot type in the seconds. Have to use the mouse to find the exact time I want to split.
>silly commands overall. Unnecessary shit

Now I ma desperate because, so far, things have been excellent:
- Music file edited with Audacity (not a problem here)
- Videos are compressed to the right size and format thanks to Hand Brake

So why the fuck cannot I find a decent video editor that does just 3 shitty things:
>cutting and trimming
>adding videos together
>adding some background music
...possibly without crashing or without taking huge amounts of time to encode a 125 Mb piece of shit?

Please help me, I am truly desperate. Maybe the entire approach is wrong.

Attached: attractive-young-woman-posing_1153-1806.jpg (626x939, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IWxCJlDVcHo
youtube.com/watch?v=ukX5mA-exmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just to give some background:

>Moo0
Does not trim well (usually, next cut component includes more seconds than it should at the beginning)

>Movie Maker PRO
Crashes
Output files bigger than input files
All rounder, but lame

>free video cutter joiner
I am trying it as we speak

Etc.

if you use loonix use kdenlive

>Just tried Free Video Cutter Joiner
All joined files are crap-tier

Pirate Adobe premiere or Sony Vegas.
If you're in a 2nd world country, there is no chance of them coming after you.

shotcut is god tier and MLT based and free as in freedom and can do all that shit you mentioned.

And what about encoding times?

With the things I mentioned above, it didn't matter if I began with a 5 Gb file or with a 500 Mb file. The encoding time would always take about 23 minutes per 15 minutes video... which is unacceptable.

technically you could do everything manually with ffmpeg and just use the copy function and it would be almost instant but im not sure it works with all formats and you would have to encode the text scenes anyways

I'm in love

also encoding time is dependant on your CPU if you're using h264. buy a better cpu.

>>cutting and trimming
>>adding videos together
>>adding some background music
So basically, you want avidemux, which is fucking free, open source and does exactly that. Not to mention is lightweight and fast.

>I paid for Movie Maker PRO
Absolute retard.

that easy

Attached: file.png (1910x991, 210K)

> The encoding time would always take about 23 minutes per 15 minutes video... which is unacceptable.
The rate at which you can compress uncompressed footage will always be lower than real-time, depending on different factors. If you have the footage on an external drive, that will increase processing time. If you have a poor or non accelerated GPU, that will increase processing time. If you use $20 web app, non-Adobe/Apple software, these are usually missing proprietary improvements found in professional software.

> hese are usually missing proprietary improvements found in professional software.
Previously mentioned avidemux, which is free, can take advantage of CUDA etc.

>avidemux
Thanks for the tip, I will be looking into this myself for possible avoidance of Adobe

Editing video takes computing muscle.
Why is waiting 23 minutes for a final encode unacceptable?

> possible avoidance of Adobe
> avidemux

These are on an entirely different level, really. avidemux is as bare bones as it can get. Though it does what OP asked for.

My choice is Hitfilm Express. Free and cool.

Attached: Mia02-01.gif (360x240, 2.66M)

I downloaded it. It does nothing of the above.

I have a 59 min video.
I told avidemux to slice the first 23 seconds.
It keeps slicing only 10 seconds. Why? Crap software.

First time in my life I pay for something and got nothing of value in return.

>These are on an entirely different level, really. avidemux is as bare bones as it can get. Though it does what OP asked for.
No. It doesn't.

See here:

>And what about encoding times?
I know for a fact that Sony Vegas does take a lot of advantage on nVidia cards through NVENC. I have a GTX750Ti TwinFrozr 2GB and a video that would render in roughly half an hour or so, is done in about 2 or 3 minutes.

Just my 2 cents. Dunno about AMD cards as the only one I had before this GTX was a crappy R7 240 2GB.

Estoy your trojan, faggot

EDIT: it works like magic
It does so in 20 seconds
My CPU is fine

Are you guise all fucking retarded or what? The only answer to OPs question is clearly Davinci Resolve and it's fucking free to use. Would choose this over Adobe and Sony all day. No need to pirate anything.

Doesn't even get 3 stars on iTunes
You are just a shill

on iTunes? What the fuck are you talking about? Davinci Resolve is free to use and is about as professional as it gets. People have switch to it who had paid version of Premiere or Vega. If you are starting new and aren't already vendor locked, because you are lazy and you are an amateur, there is literaly not a single reason to choose any of those competitors. And if you don't believe me, maybe this down to earth youtuber can convince you:
youtube.com/watch?v=IWxCJlDVcHo

Have a look at this as well, if still not convinced to at least try:
youtube.com/watch?v=ukX5mA-exmw