Is this true Jow Forums ?

Is this true Jow Forums ?

Attached: 08675437879.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/acer/acer-cb3-431-c2gr-14-chromebook/638884/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

horrible branding
but no chromebooks are flaming piles of shit made as cheap as they possibly could

No. If you want a cheap piece of shit that runs an OS that doesn't let you do much of anything, you Chromebook.

I've owned 2 chromebooks and I you can't do shit on them

Attached: 1556639027897s.jpg (90x125, 2K)

Chromebook
>can run Android programs (all 2 million of them)
Linux
>can run Linux programs (all 1000 of them)
Yeah, it's totally worthless.

>If you want a Google laptop that juzt werks, you should
CHROMEBOOK
>one for preorder.
honorary business marketing degree itt

>made it impossible to install linux
>fucked with amazon SEO so there shit comes up when searching for cheap used laptops
>basically otherwise also useless
no buy a used buisiness laptop and install linux

>can run Android programs (all 2 million of them)
Yeah, like Indian browser, clash of clans or Pokemon go
Kys

Based. Nothing on Mac or Windows can compete with fart machines mobile gacha games

You can run linux programs on chrome os.

>>made it impossible to install linux
They run Coreboot. You can unlock the bootloader and install any 64-bit Linux distro you please. I run Debian on mine. It's a full install, not some chroot shit.

Attached: 1547523725193.png (748x499, 408K)

id still rather get one of the used business laptops i always see and slap an SSD into it

They're perfect for baby boomers. That is about it.

Its a good second laptop for when your first dies and you just need to ssh into something. With the latest firmware you can run android and Linux apps and it boots fast.

battery life is amazing, but I would not recommend buying one unless you already have a desktop a laptop and a smart phone as besides browsing the internet or using docs it is not a good daily driver.

All botnet memes aside, for the cost of a Chromebook you could buy a decent second hand business laptop which will be better in every way
For instance, my comfy 2012 Dell Latitude goes for about $250 on Amazon

Attached: 1556728952670.jpg (720x664, 40K)

"Your Chromebook"
what did they mean by this

This, chromebook are fine if you're into the market for a netbook. But they are not going to substitute a workstation.

You can run chrome apps on literally any emulator. Also chrome OS is a linux distro, you marketing-addled spaz.

ChromeOS is based on gentoo so

>office programs as an online service
The only thing a Chromebook is ever potentially good for is making the basis for a proper Linux laptop, but even then I don't know what the competition looks like at that pricepoint. The selling point of Chromebooks used to be the price, but I don't know if that's the case anymore.

Attached: 1508869004739.jpg (819x895, 133K)

those are cherries

he hate the charade

>buy Samsung tablet
>use DeX
>runs all Android apps natively
Why does ChromeOS exist?

Considering a decent windows laptop is around $800 and a MacBook starts at $1000 then yeah. You’re not going to get much accomplished on a windows shittop at chrome book price range anyways and an iPad is kind of a joke for typing shit in.

> Why does ChromeOS exist?
It's ~the same for 98%+ of the population. A less powerful/power consuming machine with a dumbed down OS is also a more realistic choice, regardless if Android or ChromeOS.

100% botnet.

But I just don't see why you'd buy the Chromebook over the tablet, regardless of who you are.
All cheap Chromebooks are built with shitty materials and look like crap with shit screens while the high end ones cost just as much as a full laptop, instead you can go midrange and buy a Tab S4 or Tab S5e with the keyboard attachment and get what is essentially a Chromebook with a much better screen, a thinner device and something that's convertible from a tablet to a laptop instantly.
If your budget /has/ to be under $400 then sure, ChromeOS is a good fit for the less wealthy.

Pretty much everything other than Linux and BSD and more obscure OS' is.

US companies just decided they need to botnet.

Tablets are often even worse, that's why.

Yea, if you pay twice as much you probably get an equal or better display AND a keyboard accessory, but even then the keyboard isn't as solidly attached or anything like that.

And on a tablet, no one expects you to want any keyboard controls beyond multimedia keys, it's not very usable.

Yes it's true. If you want a laptop that does not respect your freedom, you can count on your chromebook.

The better display is guaranteed, it's not an if. Keyboard isn't solidly attached but it isn't going to come loose at random, no different than a Surface Pro keyboard. DeX has keyboard controls built in too, it's more than using Android with a keyboard.
Cheapest Chromebook I can find on this site, a 1080p screen, N3160, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage and a camera which is likely unsuable. No SD/MicroSD slot for expandable storage, and not to mention the awful build quality but that's a given.
jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/acer/acer-cb3-431-c2gr-14-chromebook/638884/
Double that would be $1,000, that's a Tab S4. Let's go for something cheaper, Tab S5e for $650 + $150(?) for keyboard attachment would be $800 for something would give you a much better screen, better support for Android apps, a much sleeker device that weighs almost nothing, double the internal storage with support for a micro SD card up to 512GB, a much better camera, much better speakers, etc.

It's prolly fucked for people with different currencies. I bought that exact laptop in a different color for $230 USD. Chromebooks are shit, but they're fine as a cheap school laptop that I don't have to give a shit about, since everything important is uploaded online. They're great if you have a main desktop and you need something portable but you don't want to shell out a lot for a better laptop.

Being outside the US makes Chromebooks a shit deal, or that's what I assume anyway. Checked Walmart's site and they have Chromebooks at less than $200 which is ridiculous, it fits into that niche of someone who doesn't care much for quality and wants to pay as little as possible for a laptop. I don't know many people who own a desktop these days (uni student), most people do most of their shit on their laptops with a laptop and occasionally a tablet with it for notes.

The cheapest Chromebook should be half that, around $250.

> $1k tablet / $800 tablet+keyboard
Well yes, that has a better screen, but the reason is also pretty evident.

I don't think it usually makes much sense to get a tablet/chromebook thing above ~$500 or so anyhow. Yea, at some point you probably just get a laptop rather than dealing with the diminishing returns on luxury tablets/chromebooks.
It's not even a terribly appreciable difference between a $500 Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 and a $1k+ Samsung / iPad.

Found one for $300 at OW but it's a massive (literally, thick as fuck) piece of shit, it would likely struggle to run Android apps assuming those are even supported. It's the C731 btw.
Not sure why you'd get the Mi Pad 4 Plus over the Tab S5e if it's $500 ($150 cheaper), it seems worse in every possible way unless I'm missing something and has no desktop mode so it's not really viable for anything other than media consumption.

>Not sure why you'd get the Mi Pad 4 Plus over the Tab S5e if it's $500 ($150 cheaper)
Could be that the latter is a better deal at this point, or that my prices for the Mi Pad 4 aren't current. [I think the last time I checked on tablets was around January.]

I guess the point was more that you don't really have any software you'd need a $800 or $1k tablet for.