Are cooling products a meme?

Are "cooling solutions" a trick to get us to part with our shekels? Of course I understand that they are necessary in the case of XTREAM overclocks, but I realized today that I've owned many laptops, desktops, consoles, etc, that are basically nearly airtight boxes with a fan that blows internally on the CPU. These products have run for a long time without any issues relating to thermals or throttling.

Do I really need to buy anything in addition to the bundled CPU cooler for my system to have a long lifespan? I’m in the middle of a project to build a secondary PC for the absolute minimum number of shekels and I’m wondering if I really need case fans aside from the standard back exhaust fan that comes included with the case.

What does Jow Forums think? How do you cool your PC, and have you found that your cooling solutions were necessary or just a gimmick to look cool?

Attached: 35-103-252-V04.jpg (1280x960, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/forum/73-nvidia-cooling/1203528-official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-mod.html
overclock.net/forum/72-amd-cooling/1203636-official-amd-ati-gpu-mod-club-aka-red-mod.html
youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's the case for my ultra cheap PC, it's got an exhaust fan on the back and room for a 140mm fan up top and 2 in the front. The front panel makes it seem like the front intake fans wouldn't be all that effective though, and I'm wondering if I even need to put a fan on the top, and if so, whether to make it an exhaust or an intake fan.

Attached: IMG_20190501_122826.jpg (3120x4160, 1.84M)

All my shit is pretty basic. Just have an intake fan at the bottom and exhaust on top. If it is really hot inside add more

Intake on the bottom, exhaust on top. Yeah put the exhaust fan in.

I took the heatsink off of my CPU and my performance IMPROVED by ~37%. It's just another globalist tactic to prop up the Chinese economy.

>the bundled CPU cooler
most intel chips dont even come with one.

>bundled CPU cooler
Does the job but it's by far the loudest part of my pc unless I play really demanding games, then it's the GPU fan. I always wanted to spend a few bucks on an Alpenföhn or something, but I was too lazy. An aftermarket cooler definitely makes sense if you have ears.

There's no space for an intake at the bottom, and there's already an exhaust fan at the back. Should I set it up to have exhaust on the back and top? And intake on the front?

I bought a Ryzen chip and their bundled coolers are mostly passable. I have a 2700 in my main rig with the fan curve set to max out so I can overclock it, and even then it's not all that loud and lets me get the chip to 3.8 Ghz.

AIO are memes. Get an aircooler.

Attached: 1552743485884.gif (350x409, 437K)

Followed the air cooling party until 2 years ago. While parting together my replacement gaming desktop I was looking at fan prices and came across the Corsair water cooler selling for same price and said why not.
Best thing I ever did. PC is quiet as hell compared to before and even under heavy load barely even heats up.

Attached: Corsair H75 coolio.png (1563x525, 305K)

Word, all the videos and graphs I've seen have been shitting on liquid cooling but I kinda want to give it to a try.

My Epyc rig runs two corsair H80is.

Supposedly it's woefully underpowered for a 180watt CPU, but shit never goes above 30c, so idk.

What retard told you that? Even 120mm rads are within shooting range of the D15

ya'll zoomers don't know the real gem of AIO cooling. overclock.net/forum/73-nvidia-cooling/1203528-official-nvidia-gpu-mod-club-aka-mod.html
overclock.net/forum/72-amd-cooling/1203636-official-amd-ati-gpu-mod-club-aka-red-mod.html

It has its pros and its cons over air cooling. I've been deliberating getting an AiO for my graphics card since it gets really hot, but my case has plenty of airflow for my CPU.

No I get noctura CPU coolers for Aussie summers where I've seen temps hit 50-60 degrees
And it's around 20-30 during winter

underrated post

>Using a water radiator fed by a pressure pump to move your CPU cooling fan to a different location.

>120mm rad for $75
Bruh I got a Silverstone TD02-RGB for $58 (converted to USD) brand new. A new NH-D15 or equivalent tower cooler usually costs around $90+. I would still prefer big air tower coolers if the price is similar though.

>Are cooling products a meme?
Yes. You cracked it, You're an absolute genius. Cooling products are a meme and fan speeds are forced to run high as a dirty trick to make you buy more cooling!

Download some programs to turn down or disable your fans entirely. If that doesn't work then open up your box and cut the cables. Then you'll be free from the evils of shilling.

Literally all you need is a moderate sized chunk of Aluminium/Copper. Nothing more!

Attached: 1555823655426.jpg (891x717, 85K)

I don't know what you think abour LInus Tech Tips. But they made a vid about AIO's and aircoolers. Yes he is a corsair fanboy but they where honest even though they used corsair AIO's in the vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk

Buy the tool for the job. Everything has it's pros and cons.

With the benefit of added thermal mass.
But yes, cases with radiator compartments with their own airflow or external radiators, this is very useful.