Goverment Cybersecurity

tl;dr I may be getting a govt cybersecurity job wat do

> did my time in mutt army and got a ts clearance
> also did a basic python cert to be more marketable and working on a data mining certificate currently
> became a rent-a-cop at the local army base to renew clearance after working some shitty jobs
> lo and behold, a fairly distant relative works as a director in one of the buildings we guard, ran into him and we caught up
> he heard what i was doing with computer courses, told me to float my resume and he'll see what he can do to hook me up with a cybersecurity job

Anyone have experience in this sector? The place I'm at seems to be a stepping stone for the ambitious and a pension cow for boomers, so idk. I want to get more into text mining and NLP as a passion, is it possible to pursue advancement in both fields?

Attached: 1555212577957.jpg (711x711, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shitbook.com/placerprobation/posts/recently-deputy-probation-officer-sarah-rankin-was-nominated-by-her-peers-for-th/1490483774336941/
youtube.com/watch?v=R_NigsSRXQE.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all the neets on here will just call you a glow nigger
congrats user god speed

Thanks user, I'm not claiming to be a whiz about this shit, but I want to know more. I've chosen to see what I can do inside the system anyway, sometimes it can be far more than those railing outside it (though they definitely have their place)

Check out the /sec/ FAQ:
ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm

Attached: agent__by_my_rho_dd2dev1.jpg (1200x1600, 293K)

Thanks a BUNCH frend, i'll be perusing this tonight

>Future Glowie
Get hit by a car Glow-Nigger, REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Terry post.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

If you don't plan on becoming the next whistle blower I have no interest in your glow in the dark ass.

Dream on LOL

They have a hardon for hiring ex military in my experience so that should be a plus. But in terms of contractors the govt has an even bigger hardon for degrees. Can you still do GI bill stuff? I have no idea, I haven't asked any of my co-workers how they paid for college.

Yeah, I can do GI, and that's the problem... I want to get on my master's soon (paid my bachelors out of pocket, polisci degree XD), but I know time and experience in this are of the essence too. I really want to get into linguistics for my masters, to complement the computer shit.

Yeah there's definitely no point in doing a bachelor's if you've already got one. The only thing I can say is just think about getting a comp sci masters, if you've got a cyber security job they'll 100% pay for it, they probably won't pay for a linguistics degree. Also imo a comp sci masters is a way more valuable degree

I've been a little reticent to get a CS masters, seeing that I can learn most of the stuff i need without a degree and its reputation here as one of the worst meme degrees... my data mining cert (from the University of Illinois) does allow me to possibly put the credit earned in that cert count towards an online compsci degree from them, something I am seriously considering.

bump

Defense contractor here. You're not going to get anywhere in this industry without a Masters in or a PhD in either CS, EE, or Math. You'll be a a lower-tier employee forever.

Would an online CS masters do it? I wanted to do a computational linguistics degree, but I've heard that can decrease marketability.

Yes, an online Masters from a reputable University will do fine. I've seen a lot of people with Online degrees from Georgia Tech or other well marketable Unis.

I would say just take a CS degree and take electives that focus on NLP if that's what you want to do.

Also, to answer your original post, I don't think you'll find many opportunities working in the public sector to experiment with NLP and text mining. The government has been pushing to incorporate more AI and ML, but I think a majority of that work is being handed out to contractors. Actually my guess is most government development and research is carried out by contractors not the government itself.

entirely false
once you have a clearance, labor categories for contract positions are based solely one years of experience in the industry
Once you're "in" no one cares about anything more than a bachelors degree

That's complete crap, it's alot easier to get from a level 2 to a level 3 with a Masters degree than it is with a Bachelors degree. Actually, every single person I know level 3 and + has either a Masters or a Doctorates.

user said he did a basic python cert.
I'd venture he doesnt know a vector from an array. It's easier to give a college kid a TS than teach a grunt data structures

we actually need a bunch of people.
you don't need a cs degree, you just need to be
1) trustworthy
2) not completely retarded
3) drugfree
it's surprisingly hard to find someone willing to do this work and meet all three above for government pay.

Check to see how much cp the officials have

/thread

>I've seen a lot of people with Online degrees from Georgia Tech or other well marketable Unis.
Not him, but do you know of anything about Capitol Technology University? I'm thinking of doing going on to there for my bachelors. I just got an associates in Cybersecurity from my local community college and can get a scholarship there.

Seems like a reputable enough school but I figured I'd ask someone in the field.

WHAT THE FUCK.
I'v published a 0 day in a scientific journal and they won't even give me an interview.

Doing fucking freelance web dev right now.
Thinking about driving for uber because it would be better then what i'm making.

How the fuck do you get a gov sec job without being exmil?

I think I need a thorough body search officer

Attached: 5378727857.jpg (778x512, 46K)

>0 day in a scientific journal

You're doing something wrong, or that "scientific" journal is a scam.

Damn son, she looks like she could birth the next Arnold Schwarzenegger if a big black cock doesn't tarnish her pussy first.

muh

Sloppy job, CIA

>They have a hardon for hiring ex military

That's true of basically every employer in every industry and sector.

>working level 2 tech support with a masters degree
what are you fucking retarded?

>for government pay
Found your problem. Why should I work for the govt when I make literally 5 times that in the private sector with better benefits.
No I am not kidding, IT work for the govt is a shit decision unless you are a literal retard that would never make it in the private market.

Is that a tranny.

She’s just a big gurl from Live PD

Attached: 2683D59C-0FC0-4BD8-AB3A-19C668DCA404.jpg (3520x1980, 3.09M)

m-mommy

be able to pass a background check, pass a drug test, and not be completely retarded.
part of being not completely retarded is figuring out how to apply.
you're going to need 3 professional references (PhDs only), 2 letters of recommendation, an up to date CV, and US citizenship (NO DUAL CITIZENS). you'll also need to write a letter of intent wherein you describe the research you'll do for us and how that aligns with our mission as well as your long-term career goals.
it's not hard stuff, you just have to do it.

i want her to peg me after i lick her abs

Is there any point to learning Cybersecurity trying to land a career outside the US? I'm interested in cybersec and ethical hacking and would like to get into it as a hobby and potential career, but I don't see many non-US companies looking for cybersec people

Hi i am brazilian
can i get out of my shithole with cybersecurity?
i like cybersecurity

Please someone tell me which episode of which tv show this is from.

Enjoy handing out crypto to retards that leave radios out the open and taking SKLs to and from planes. Unless you’re working at a HQ like Randolph or an Intel base like Ft Huachuca you won’t be doing much security

>i'd make x amount more and better benefits
I hear this a lot, but its not that true.
You'd easily make twice more living in cali working for some shitty company, but you'd also be living in a place where 200k a year is barely enough to live. The biggest benefit of government work is time, the government follows strict rules on how long you can work, and they can't force over time on you. Plus they have very generous time off and compensation.

You could work in Cali, working 80 hour a week, and earning 300k. Or you work government, work 40 hours a week for 100k, and earn a month of vacation.

That’s true with some contracts. Definitely not true with GS positions

bro if you get CISSP, the US government will suck your dick to hire you

>antivirus have a database of a fuckton of viruses
>yet there are viruses which arent detected
How do they do it? i tought antiviruses knew all viruses patterns?

I find it hard to believe a foreigner would get a government work
Just how hard is CISSP anyway?

yea that's true. probably would have to do 3 years of military and get citizenship or something like that. CISSP is pretty fucking hard. took me two tries to pass (i passed Security+ on first try)

Live PD. She is one of the new officers from the Oaklahoma Highway Patrol

You will need at least a bachelor's. You can get them to pay for a master's(very common). If you can get a clearance and a bachelor's with 3.5+ gpa in something technical(math, cs, ee, physics,...), you will be in. You already having a clearance will help.

I see, if i go full cybersecurity will i have to deal too much with p-p-people?

Can foreigners join the US military? What if I've already served in our own military?

Being in a military that is outside of FVEYS (us Canada Australia Britain France) might affect your ability to get a top secret compartmentalized information clearance, but yes. Joining the US military is a common way of obtaining US citizenship

I think I found her online, her name is Sarah Rankin and she has two kids.
shitbook.com/placerprobation/posts/recently-deputy-probation-officer-sarah-rankin-was-nominated-by-her-peers-for-th/1490483774336941/

youtube.com/watch?v=R_NigsSRXQE.

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
Can I post now?

France?

>t. arch larpers

>drugfree
Does my adderall script count? Government gigs with security clearance tend to get really retarded about prescription meds.

Not gonna bother asking about the DMT, literally untestable unless it's through plasma testing while literally smoking it.

Sorry I’m stupid. New Zealand. We train a lot with the french

why are all certifications so expensive fuck
where i live even a basic linux cert is 100 dollars
which is 300 of my country currency fuck

Point to the job listing. I hear this bullshit all day, but I can hire techs at the drop of a hat and nowhere near a big tech hub. The market is flooded with entry-level qualified talent and somewhat over-saturated with mid-tier talent. The only place we feel pinched is senior level, but that's understandable given that they can move to urbanland and make the big money with a good career behind them.

As I mentioned before, I got my bachelors in international relations because I couldn't attend the school I needed to do the others. I have a 3.3 at the moment, but that may bump up to a 3.5 or 3.6 before next semester. I'm really going for that clearance and for asking my relative what I need to do specifically for his place to get in. Getting that rent-a-cop job is also a way that people apparently put their fut in the door for the army base I work at too.

What tortures me is that I have a Chinese family friend who may be able to give me lodging while I do an unpaid internship at MIT doing graduate pharmacometrics lab work, which would help me a LOT with programming for NLP and shit. My dad said I'd be absolutely crazy to pass this up though, since there's great pay and job security if i get the job and can perhaps do the lab spot later. All this shit fell in my lap after I got back from the Army, and I don't know what the hell to do with it all tbqhf

bump

DO CTFS
O

C
T
F
S

How to get into CTF's?
The only stuff iv seen is "Press F12, Wao the password was written in the html file! way to go hacker!".

mommy please abuse me

HackTheBox

>not typing "ctf sites" into Google
You might not be the type

1) you are 100% wrong about the job market being flooded. we need people and we need them now.
2)if you're not smart enough to figure out how to find the job, then you're not smart enough to get the job. sorry, that's a step i'm not willing to do for you.
>but if you need people, then why won't you hold my hand and spoonfeed me?
because i need good people, not retards.
although you may not have considered this, internships lead to employment, so broaden your search and see what you find. that's all the help i'm willing to give you.

This. I do security consulting (compliance and red team) in the southeastern US. Most of the clients we have in Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte, Miami, et cetera are all hiring left and right.

That said, Atlanta statistically has somewhere around five open positions for every professional in the vicinity. The other major cities have similar demand.

>mother makes me sign up for a summer class to start getting a certificate
>that one single class is almost 900 fucking dollars
That one fucking class is going to freaking clear out half my banking account.

Can i become a good cyberhacker like mr robot?
I want to discover vulnerabilities in system what do i need to know?

>/pub/
>geee i wonder what is in the other folders
>animegirls
>animegirls
>animeboys

Attached: .....jpg (438x297, 44K)

lol