How do you fuck up this badly?

How do you fuck up this badly?

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-01 174254.png (869x635, 360K)

>using a tablet
>in 2019
You deserve that, and more.

>hrrrrr tablets are stupid anyway drrrr

>Samshit
Who could have guessed, lmao

Tablets are still my favorite device for reading, though. It's just unfortunate that I had to switch to iPad because competent Android tabs are apparently a thing of the past.

This wouldn't be so bad if you could use a network cable, but it doesn't have an ethernet port.

WiFi is stupid anyway.

> You're holding it wrong

you gave me a great idea, user

Attached: slim ethernet jack.jpg (1400x1400, 129K)

Tablets are the future of computing. Samsung tablets, however, are not.
Get with the times, old man.

SAMSHITS BTFO

Attached: -.gif (351x398, 87K)

Based.

Attached: 1556612597957.png (832x960, 424K)

>big ass tablet
>they keep getting thinner
>dont worry goy thinner is better
>silly goyim your schlongboard won't fail if you hold it a certain way

You know what

Why the HELL isn't there an Ethernet-Type B that's flat and lean? It's 6 FUCKING copper wires

Try plug a USB network adapter into it with a OTG cable?

I... That's a damn good idea. I wonder why nobody's bothered. I'm not an EE so I wouldn't know if it's literally as easy as saying "Just make the damn RJ45 connector thinner and keep the cable layout." but I'll ask a professor and shit around in CAD.

Samsung tablets still have the best display of any tablet that exists, and they haven't even changed their display since the Tab S originally came out five years ago.

something something wire cross talk
ask an electrical engineer
see GG45 and ARJ45

too slow gay boy

>holding it wrong

Well OLEDs have gotten significantly better since then, so they have changed the display really.

>ethernet port on a 5mm tablet

This is an issue with a lot of tablets, nothing new. Dont like it? Open it up and relocate/extend your wireless antenna.

>brightness: 700 nits
>OLED
>16:9 ratio on a tablet for some reason
>not even 120hz
yeah...no.

I mean, sure, in general. But aside from being slightly brighter and maybe slightly better color accuracy (can't find any data on this and the original Tab S was already fucking great) the display still has the same resolution, size, PPI, contrast, subpixel arrangement, etc.

It's 16:10. If you're genuinely retarded and eat Apple's shit you can get the S2 or S3, where Samsung temporarily lost their senses and switched to 4:3.

>16:9 ratio on a tablet for some reason
16:10*
Perfect resolution for TV and movies and reading books, comics and manga while in portrait mode. What's the issue?

Believe it or not, regular consumers care about tablets being thin.
Took this thing with me to campus today and all my friends were amazed with how thin and light (and cheap) it was, one is going to downgrade from his S4 because it's so thin and has a metal back.

>lost their senses
4:3 is the only suitable aspect ratio for tablets. 3:2 is a close runner-up, but it's only really used on Microsoft's Surfaces.

It's a ridiculously narrow aspect ratio wherein typing on the screen is impossible in landscape mode and the device is comically tall in portrait. Why would anyone want to use a 16:10 ratio tablet when a 4:3 tablet gives you more screen space in both orientations without sacrificing size overall?
You can still watch video in the same size in 4:3 as you would in 16:10, just with larger black bars that you won't even notice.

If you think these aren't noticeable, you are legitimately blind. If you watch a movie two thirds of your screen will be black bars.

Attached: 1544957262706.jpg (640x480, 21K)

That is pretty hard to believe. Not that I doubt you, but I just can't see the logic behind it. While I know that some people get large internal pockets sewn into the back of their jackets to hold larger tablets since my tailor mentioned it being a common request, I also know that probably doesn't even cover 1% of tablet users. So why would anyone else care about thickness?

usb ethernet card?

apple shills have subverted the manufacturing process of samsung, by hiring spies

normies want what marketing feeds them

I don't know what to tell you, they were impressed by how thin it was. It adds nothing to your backpack weight too, just slides right in to a small spot.

Yes, but the size of the image itself will remain the same, so it doesn't matter. The black bars are quite easy to tune out.
What isn't easy to tune out is the tablet's functionality outside of video playback as a direct result of aspect ratio, and 4:3 offers a lot more functionality in that regard.

It really isn't. Anything portable is better suited for Wi-Fi. Anything stationary probably isn't limited by form factor and is probably perfectly suited to a regular Ethernet cable.

>4:3 offers a lot more functionality in that regard
Like what exactly? Tablets are garbage for anything that is related to productivity to begin with.
I don't know why you seem to believe that 16:10 makes it hard to use in portrait mode, I could see your point if it was a 12-13" tablet but it's easy to use and hold with one hand in portrait, easier to hold than a wider tablet I'd imagine.

Yeah but since when has backpack weight mattered at the weights normies load them to? Basically anyone can carry over 20kg for a multiday hike, we had to do that for a two week hike back at school when we were 13.
Most normies don't even load their backpacks up to airline carry on levels (7kg), you shouldn't even notice the weight difference between tablets other than when trying to handle them one handed (and who the fuck just waves their tablet around one handed).

ah yes, korean excellence

>Like what exactly?
Typing on the virtual keyboard. Drawing. Web browsing. Reading.
>I don't know why you seem to believe that 16:10 makes it hard to use in portrait mode, I could see your point if it was a 12-13" tablet but it's easy to use and hold with one hand in portrait, easier to hold than a wider tablet I'd imagine.
I'm focusing not on width but screen real estate. With a 16:10 aspect ratio, the keyboard takes up about 2/3 of the display and the keyboard, usually, is still uncomfortably squished so that you can see what you're typing. 4:3 gives you enough vertical space in landscape to type comfortably and see paragraphs at a time, instead of two or three lines.

>Yes, but the size of the image itself will remain the same
No it wont, are you retarded?

It also gives developers more space to fit controls around central spaces, making drawing apps and photo manipulation apps feel less cramped.

>tfw bought a tablet because I want to live like star trek captain
>got bored of it within 30 mins
I feel old.

Yes, it will. The width of the devices in landscape are the same, but the height is taller on the 4:3 device. However, that extra height is being filled with void. So the image is the same on both.

You're not the captain
You're the ensign who only uses a pad to play simple games between writing reports.

Have you tried not being old?

No animalistic normalfaggot subhumans care about tablets being thing and should be shot in the head alongside their families for obstructing human advancement

A 10.5" 4:3 device will not have the same landscape width as a 10.5" 16:10 device. I'm not going to do the math for you but you should try actually using your head.

Attached: 4-3 vs 16-10.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

Are you seriously including the BEZEL of the Air, you retard? Besides that, your image clearly shows that the video is larger on the 5Se.

>Comparing two different screens without specifying size
A 10.5" 16:10 device is 8.9" x 5.6". A 16:9 video on it will be 8.9" x 5.0" with or 10.2" diagonal. A 10.5" 4:3 device is 8.4" x 6.3". A 16:9 video on it will be 8.4" x 4.725" or 9.64" diagonal. This means that a 16:9 video on a 10.5" 4:3 device is 0.56" shorter across the diagonal than on a 10.5" 16:10 device.

>Are you seriously including the BEZEL of the Air
Yes? It's a 10.5" 4:3 display. It fits the qualification for comparison.
>Besides that, your image clearly shows that the video is larger on the 5Se.
By a miniscule, negligible amount. All things considered, 4:3 is a better aspect ratio for this sort of use case.

Yes, we're talking about the display so why would you say the width is the same between the devices when you mean with the bezel included, which is completely irrelevant? To make it more obvious, image attached. Besides that, that's not a movie. A movie is going to be ridiculously small on an iPad, it's already small when viewed on an S5e.

Attached: 1532373219671.jpg (753x540, 298K)

>This means that a 16:9 video on a 10.5" 4:3 device is 0.56" shorter across the diagonal than on a 10.5" 16:10 device.
That's a difference that I believe is too small to fight over in the case of video consumption. You're not going to notice much of a difference between them for that type of usage.

I don't care if you notice it you glue huffing retard, don't say they're the same size because physically that's not possible.

>I don't care if the difference is noticeable!
Jow Forums in a nutshell

Don't be surprised when you get called a retard for saying "but the size of the image itself will remain the same" when that is literally not a possible thing to occur. Go neck yourself or retake your failed math classes, I don't care which.

You still haven't addressed any of my other points as to why I believe the 4:3 ratio is overall better for tablet use. Instead, you've fixated on the video width thing despite its insignificance.

I'm addressing you saying something that is factually wrong about math, which is more important than your shit preference in aspect ratios.

So you admit, then, that despite my math being wrong, 4:3 is overall a better aspect ratio than 16:10 for tablets?

Would never type anything serious without a keyboard, Tab S5e doesn't even have s-pen functionality so drawing is irrelevant, web browing is perfectly fine on 16:10 considering most websites are built with 16:9 in mind and reading is literally no different on 16:10 or 4:3, there is no benefit to 4:3 when it comes to reading. You have more words on the page when it comes to 16:10.
You seem to mix up what /you/ prefer with, especially when it comes to reading. What matters more there is how light the device is, as you'll be holding the device for a long time.

>"but the size of the image itself will remain the same"
you should've been able to glean "[generally] the same" from that, autismo. the experience is mostly the same, not exactly replicated with not even a micron of a difference between the two.

This. FPBP. Sage.

Apparently you're illiterate as well because I'm not sure how you would think that when the post you quoted said you have a "shit preference in aspect ratios." 16:10 is a better compromise to view both videos (16:9) and documents (approximately 4:3) on the same device.

It's half an inch of diagonal viewing difference, which isn't insignificant on small devices like tablets and phones.

>Would never type anything serious without a keyboard,
Why not? Virtual keyboards are pretty great for typing. Once you get used to the feel, your speed, accuracy and efficacy shouldn't be hindered at all, especially if you're using the right virtual keyboard. This isn't an argument on behalf of either ratio.
>Tab S5e doesn't even have s-pen functionality so drawing is irrelevant,
Again, not an argument on behalf of either ratio. You can buy Bluetooth styli and use them with the tablet.
>web browing is perfectly fine on 16:10 considering most websites are built with 16:9 in mind
Most websites are built with responsiveness in mind, not any particular ratio. 4:3 just allows you to fit more on a page.
>and reading is literally no different on 16:10 or 4:3, there is no benefit to 4:3 when it comes to reading.
The difference is that with 4:3 you can choose to read in either landscape or portrait very comfortably whereas reading 16:10 in landscape makes no since.
>You have more words on the page when it comes to 16:10.
Not really true. Depends entirely on how the words are rendered and what you're reading in.
>What matters more there is how light the device is, as you'll be holding the device for a long time.
Form factor matters quite a bit more than weight does.

>I'm not sure how you would think that when the post you quoted said you have a "shit preference in aspect ratios."
You're total avoidance of the defense of your precious 16:10 seems to convey a lack of said defenses.

I'm not defending an aspect ratio, I was telling you that you make a factually incorrect statement that demonstrates you don't have an understanding of basic math. I understand you can grasp that concept that someone might be talking about something different than what is on your one-track retard mind, but that's a personal issue you need to come to terms with yourself.

>Why not?
Because I own a physical keyboard case which is far better?
>Bluetooth styli and use them with the tablet.
Not nearly accurate enough for drawing, not to mention latency,
>The difference is that with 4:3 you can choose to read in either landscape or portrait very comfortably
Nobody is reading books in landscape to begin with, in fact the app I'm using doesn't even support reading in landscape because that is a ridiculous scenario and the developer knows that it's retarded beyond belief.
>Form factor matters quite a bit more than weight does.
And both are incredibly easy to hold without issues in portrait or landscape, I have small hands and can hold it using one hand with no issues.

>which isn't insignificant on small devices like tablets and phones.
not insignificant on phones. pretty insignificant on tablets.

>Virtual keyboards
>Great for typing
They're great for getting RSI and destroying your speed due to a lack of feedback

>make a thing that needs to connect to wifi.
>put in inside a faraday cage
>complain

Seriously, the retarded thing here is the fact that we are OK with metal tablets/phones because muh "premium" (aluminium is pretty cheap btw) all these gadgets should be enclosed in plastic ff

>Because I own a physical keyboard case which is far better?
OK. Still, if you don't have access to that case or, for whatever reason, can't use it, isn't it better to have a less cramped typing experience on a software keyboard even as a temporary holdover?
>Not nearly accurate enough for drawing, not to mention latency,
Not doing yourself any favors by admitting the device you're defending just doesn't have certain capabilities.
>Nobody is reading books in landscape to begin with, in fact the app I'm using doesn't even support reading in landscape because that is a ridiculous scenario and the developer knows that it's retarded beyond belief.
I usually see a lot of people reading in landscape mode, especially on larger tablets. You can see both pages at once and both of those pages would be about the size of a page on a regular book if it's a 12.9" 4:3 display.
>And both are incredibly easy to hold without issues in portrait or landscape, I have small hands and can hold it using one hand with no issues.
Yeah, but no. Since 16:10 will always be wider in landscape than 4:3, 16:10 will always have the worse experience with one-handed use because the device is forced to extend further away from your fingers. The leverage makes it feel a lot worse. Portrait mode on 4:3 feels less comically tall, too.
There are basically no downsides to 4:3 over 16:10 on tablets. That's why most companies who make tablets go with 4:3

>getting RSI
Sure, if you're ramming your fingers into the screen with the force of a tank.
>destroying your speed due to a lack of feedback
The lack of feedback is surprisingly easy to get used to and speed often isn't reduced much if at all, at least for me.

Well apart from being 8 wires, and apart from HOLY SHIT WE COULD CHARGE PHONES WITH POE, there's a few technical considerations. Firstly, shielded twisted pair is chosen for interference reasons which become very important at >100Mb/s, and I imagine the connector itself will have similar considerations. Secondly, it would be pretty tough to get people to adapt a new standard. Still, it might be worth a shot. Or you know, just use USB C for live internet data transfer because it's probably good enough. The circuitry used for normal ethernet interfacing is quite bulky since they often use isolation transformers and the like, so USB would make more sense.

That port looks badass. I wish all my ports on my computer did this. VGA, HDMI, USB, Ethernet, Power, etc. you hit a button and like a transformer your laptop grows legs and ports to plug in.

I tried to use a virtual keyboard on holiday recently (about 6 weeks), I couldn't get above 90-100wpm on the virtual keyboard while I'm normally at around 130 on my physical keyboard. That's me and my issues though.

>OK. Still, if you don't have access to that case or, for whatever reason, can't use it, isn't it better to have a less cramped typing experience on a software keyboard even as a temporary holdover?
So you have to create made up scenarios for whatever reason? I own an iPad Air 2, I would not use that fucking thing to type anything even if I had held at gunpoint. Touchscreens are awful to type on, period. I'd use my laptop if someone stole my typing case.
>Not doing yourself any favors by admitting the device you're defending just doesn't have certain capabilities.
You clearly missed the point, Samsung would not factor in drawing as a factor because the tablet wasn't made for drawing.
>I usually see a lot of people reading in landscape mode, especially on larger tablets.
And I never see it.
>You can see both pages at once
This is important why? You can only read one page at once.
>both of those pages would be about the size of a page on a regular book if it's a 12.9" 4:3 display.
If you've noticed, most people don't have their books wide open like that unless it's flat on a surface or a textbook.
>16:10 will always have the worse experience with one-handed use
I'm talking about portrait mode for one handed use, as we were discussing reading. No one uses their tablet with one hand while in landscape, unless we were living in one of your fantasy scenarios you love to force upon me. "Comically tall" means literally nothing, what the hell is comically tall? Talk about buzzwords.
>There are basically no downsides to 4:3 over 16:10 on tablets
You mean apart from what MOST people by far use their tablets for, video consumption? Sounds like a major downside to me.

but think how much money you could make if you convinced retards to adopt your new "standard"

Samsung was ok a decade ago but they just make crap now

Oh, and it looks like the Air is TALLER than the S5e due to the bezels. Is that "comically tall" too, Mr. Buzzword?

Attached: 1552304071257.png (1200x900, 1.78M)

>So you have to create made up scenarios for whatever reason?
So you're telling me you prefer to not have the optimal onscreen typing experience of the two options, just in case? It's not like keyboard cases can break or anything.
>I own an iPad Air 2, I would not use that fucking thing to type anything even if I had held at gunpoint.
What a dramatic and totally unnecessary exaggeration. I'm positive that if someone actually pointed a gun at you and told you to write a sentence using your iPad's screen, you'd do it immediately.
>Touchscreens are awful to type on, period.
Blatant lie.
>I'd use my laptop if someone stole my typing case.
Then why do you even have an iPad in the first place? Why not just always use the laptop if you're never in a situation where you're doing something that is better suited for a tablet?
>Samsung would not factor in drawing as a factor because the tablet wasn't made for drawing.
So you admit that 16:10 is a poor ratio for drawing, then?
>And I never see it.
I do.
>This is important why?
None of this is particularly important. It's just nice to have.
>You can only read one page at once.
But it's better to be able to refer back a page without having to swipe to it. It's just less swiping in general.
>If you've noticed, most people don't have their books wide open like that unless it's flat on a surface or a textbook.
Irrelevant.
>No one uses their tablet with one hand while in landscape, unless we were living in one of your fantasy scenarios you love to force upon me.
Do you have a source for this claim?
>I'm talking about portrait mode for one handed use, as we were discussing reading.
4:3 is still better for this scenario.
>You mean apart from what MOST people by far use their tablets for, video consumption?
There are no downsides for video consumption, either. Missing less than an inch of diagonal estate is hardly a downside.
Also, do you have a source for your claims on how most people use their tablets?

>condemns made-up scenarios
>immediately makes up a scenario about being held at gunpoint by a maniac who desperately wants to see you type on a screen despite your preferences
???

Doesn't feel that way, so it doesn't matter.

>So you're telling me you prefer to not have the optimal onscreen typing experience of the two options, just in case? It's not like keyboard cases can break or anything.
On screen typing isn't optimal to begin with, I use glide to type either way so it makes no difference.
>you'd do it immediately.
Do you take everything literally?
>Blatant lie.
I did not know that my preference could be a lie.
>Then why do you even have an iPad in the first place? Why not just always use the laptop if you're never in a situation where you're doing something that is better suited for a tablet?
Have you been reading this conversation, at all? Reading and watching movies and shows, If I'm in bed or on the train I do not want to pull up my laptop to do either of those things.
>So you admit that 16:10 is a poor ratio for drawing, then?
Sure.
>I do.
Glad we got that over with.
>But it's better to be able to refer back a page without having to swipe to it. It's just less swiping in general.
Except now the text is smaller and harder to read because you can't be bothered to swipe your finger.
>Do you have a source for this claim?
I'll condcut a study over the next 6 months, give me your phone number and I'll text you the results. :)
>4:3 is still better for this scenario.
Opinion.
>There are no downsides for video consumption, either. Missing less than an inch of diagonal estate is hardly a downside.
It's a massive downside if you ask me, I even bought an ultra wide so I didn't have to deal with black bars when watching movies.
>Also, do you have a source for your claims on how most people use their tablets?
Common sense.
>Doesn't feel that way, so it doesn't matter.
You are absolutely ridiculous. It is literally taller, you cannot argue that it doesn't "feel" taller without looking like a biased idiot.

>On screen typing isn't optimal to begin with,
Not the point. The point is which ratio handles onscreen typing better. In this case, it's 4:3.
>I use glide to type either way so it makes no difference.
It makes no difference to you. But not everyone uses glide typing. Some find it slow and feel that the word prediction engine is frustrating.
>Do you take everything literally?
Yes. I have a form of high-functioning Autism known as Asperger's Syndrome.
Did you not mean for the gun parable to be taken literally? What's the gun a metaphor for?
>I did not know that my preference could be a lie.
Your statement was provided as fact, not opinion.
"Touchscreens are awful to type on, period."
>If I'm in bed or on the train I do not want to pull up my laptop to do either of those things.
Do you always contradict yourself this much?
>Sure.
Great.
>Except now the text is smaller and harder to read because you can't be bothered to swipe your finger.
What application are you using? In the vast majority of scenarios involving large amounts of text, the size of the characters themselves remain the same size regardless of the device's orientation.
>I'll condcut a study over the next 6 months, give me your phone number and I'll text you the results. :)
Judging by your poor argumentative skills, poor judgement and lack of bias awareness, I'm inclined not to trust any studies you conduct personally on the matter. I'd rather not broadcast my phone number to the internet. Why the smiley face?
>Opinion.
Fact.
>It's a massive downside if you ask me,
I didn't ask you.
>I even bought an ultra wide so I didn't have to deal with black bars when watching movies.
That's a bad reason to buy an ultra-wide monitor.
>Common sense.
That's not a source.
>You are absolutely ridiculous.
The feeling is mutual.
>It is literally taller,
By a matter of millimeters.
>you cannot argue that it doesn't "feel" taller without looking like a biased idiot.
Yes, I can. I did.

holy shit fuck off

You fuck off. The whole point of a forum is discussion. If you'd rather just shitpost then do that on your own.

>hurr let me quote every line and do separate replies for each
why dont you write like an actual fucking human

It's faster and more efficient to communicate that way. Highlight an entire post, click the post number, and then address each sentence as quoted.

peak autism

Attached: 1524075779279.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

>not wanting thinner ethernet ports that would fit into slimmer form factors
there's literally a niche of network admins/engineers who need to have a PORTABLE device but still need to PLUG INTO DEVICES

Is that a joke? I've already admitted I have Autism.

based asperger retard, who this site is really for
cringe normie, who this site is infested by

Get an usb network adapter?
8p8c wont go anywhere

I know it won't, and I have an adapter. that's not the point. The only reason you or anyone could think of for why they wouldn't phase out the RJ45 connector form factor is because

1. tried and true
2. integrated everywhere, mass utilization, which would make replacing it ludicrous

See this ------->