GNOME 3.32 is awesome, but still needs improvements in key areas

>file picker meme
>a Desktop that does nothing
>barely functional status bar
>deceiving app drawer
>unnecessary notifications
>barebones file manager
>document viewer (PDF reader) with no tabs!
>two photo viewing apps
>can’t find my settings
@
jatan.tech/2019/05/01/gnome-3-32-is-awesome-but-still-has-key-areas-for-improvements/

A FUCKING FOOT

Attached: 1b8.png (404x266, 182K)

>GNOME 3.32 is awesome

KDE is infinitely better

My favorite GNOME feature is the background corruption after suspend. It's the one feature they will never remove!

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-01 21-37-00.png (1920x1080, 1.13M)

Just get KDE 5 and forget GUANO 3 forever.

Attached: linux-kde5-blur.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

Gnome does this also when opening firefox. Is this a GNOME thing and can it be fixed? Im running it on Wayland btw.

Honestly, I don't really care about any argument related to GNOME's software suite. I know what programs I'm comfortable with and the first thing I do - no matter the DE - is to remove most of their default software.

>xhe needs a desktop environment
You need daipies and baa baas too lil baby? I just use fvwm like a real man.

Bloat.

works on my machine

It'd be okay if it didn't break every essential extension you have installed every time it got fucking updated.

Just use Budgie dude. It's available for almost all distros and it's gnome 3 done right. Simple, few but good options, doesn't get in the way and doesn't look like a tablet.

>systemd dependency

>document viewer (PDF reader) with no tabs!
How is this even a point?
Just install anything you like.

THIS

how do I fix the scaling on my 15.6" 1080p laptop screen? Running Fedora30(Gnome) in vmware workstation player. Already tried to enable fractional scaling at 125%, and it looks like shit compaired to 125% scaling in Win10, and it also resets to 100% when I reboot. Wtf

Stutter

Install MacOS

It's shit too. Fonts smoothing on non retina displays is fucked up. Tried changing all settings, either font looks bold or aliased.

The Gnome devs plan to add a stable API for extensions. The problem is that it'll probably be so limited that none of your extensions will be supported.

>>two photo viewing apps
kde has like 3 applications per purpose