Elementary OS

Is elementary still the best Linux distro?

Attached: desktop.jpg (1920x1080, 490K)

It never was you fucking shill.

for you...yes

It just works

I just don't know what kind of support is available for it these days after having stopped using it for a few years.

fpbp

>It just works

Kernel panics by default for me, no thanks.

pop os appears to have supplanted it

wHAT WOULD you suggest as an alternative?

This but I wish pantheon was supported on other OS'

it's just a skin on gnome. cinnamon is pretty much the same thing

That's not PopOS
fedora 30 supports it.

>fedora
m'linux

I tried it for five minutes until I realized there's no way to add a minimize button to your windows. What kind of stupid design decision is that?

My laptop LED indicator lights literally died after blinking nonstop after installing that shit.
Fuck distro hopping

For new users? No, that's Linux Mint.
For experienced users? No, that's Gentoo.

Debian can support it.

Arch + KDE Plasma is all you need

gsettings set org.pantheon.desktop.gala.appearance button-layout :minimize,maximize,close

>tfw to dumb to use an OS made for a retard

If you only want the looks, the best distro is Deepin.

I used Deepin a few weeks ago and it was surprisingly comfy but I couldn't play video games because of weird random lag spikes that I was struggling to track down

Might install Deepin DE on Arch but xfeces with compiz will probably be pretty comfy too

this is how stupid the average linux user is in 2019

I shouldn't need to do that though. ElementaryOS is supposed to be a great experience for the end-user, a flagship of the Linux desktop. Having to run a command to change such a basic thing that almost everyone is going to be looking for is NOT acceptable, it's completely detrimental to the public's perception of the Linux Desktop.

It's the same stupid decision that GNOME devs took when they decided to barely let you change anything at all in their settings, and you have to install a separate "tweaks" application to hide desktop icons or whatever.

who ever said it was? holy shit.

Attached: 58374104_2319207318118437_3118563379824820224_n.jpg (599x599, 23K)

dont move the goalposts

you fucked up all on your own. if you really want such bottom level functionality which was omitted in the first place you should have just stuck to Windows, you fucking baby

gentoo

Looks like iShit. Let me guess, they've stripped all useful features out to cater to retards like GN*** 3?

No it is and always was solus.
t. not kevin