Do you install GNU/Linux on your parents computers?

Do you install GNU/Linux on your parents computers?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone use Chromium on Windows and are you happy with it

A distro like elementary that is user friendly, and chrome for internet, it's good enough.

You don't want to give a distro like crunchbang, star, antix, or any weird and minimalist to a person who knows nothing about computers.

I have been tempted to put Ubuntu on my mothers machine next time it fucks up.

I like that woman and her rascal of a child.

My mum uses Linux.

My parents are dead.

My aunt's boyfriend tried to convert her into Linux by installing Mandrake then Ubuntu but she ended up hating it both times because nodrivers

I install Debian on my parents' laptops. They like it because 'it's faster' but they do stupid shit like installing the Windows version of libreoffice via Wine, as well as the snapd one even though it is pre-installed, so now my dad has 3 versions of libreoffice installed on his laptop.

What does a woman need drivers for?

my mom is low iq. she doesn't use a computer

Attached: jisoo.webm (1920x1080, 1.68M)

she had no internet because of a shitty internet modem her ISP gave her

Kek so the dude just dropped Linux and was like “whatever see ya later?”

Sounds made up. I think you made the whole story up you rascal.

It sounds sexist but the more you think about it, it isn’t.

believe what you want to believe freetard
no sane person would cling to an unusable OS just because of muh freedumbs

Solus Budgie and WPS Office on mom's 2007 Acer (after MS started doing service packs every month and Windows 10 update filled system partition and I ran out of patience to deal with that shit). It werks.

Don't do any GNOME variant, it will be shitty, slow disappointment.

Free OS’s blew way past Windows and the Mac years ago. It’s totally mainstream now. 99% of the normie use case is covered now with Steam, Chrome, and LibreOffice. Microsoft is setting itself up to deliver “cloud services for devices” aka admitting their core strategy of office plus Windows has changed.

My parents use Elementary OS and wine to run their shitty accounting software

God his mom is so hot

finally.
no wonder this comment took so long, board is infected mostly with lonely pedos

I recommend installing xubuntu if you go that route. My mom switched to xubuntu recently from Win7 and she's been having an easy time with it.

Installed Mint on dads pc months ago, no complains so far.

She cute

My moms laptop was running on xubuntu for 3-4 years until the screen broke off. all she needed was libreoffice and to be able to connect to a projector.
she has a new windows laptop but still uses the xubuntu one with an external screen "cause it still works user"

Neat, like an all on one 80s combination computer keyboard. Just plug in the screen.

i want to give her a huggie wuggie

I've had good success giving normies Debian with Xfce. You have to set it up and handle updates between stable versions, but other than that its fine.

When the HDD in the family computer failed I set them up with an Ubuntu live CD. My dad liked Unity but he used too many Windows-only programs to switch permanently. My mom couldn't figure it out for the life of her, and all she needed to use was Firefox

installed kubuntu on moms computer. it's exactly like windows, no issues at all. she hasn't needed to call me for anything

my mom loved xfce + fedora

oh god do not do this
you need backports for so many things, and xfce is a clusterfuck. have they evenpatched the thumbnail bug yet?

She's great.

Attached: 1555826626748.png (671x696, 333K)

No. I hate my parents, at least my father's already been dead for 7 years.

I come from a solid lineage. My parents are not braindead. They can install an OS.

My mom immediately installed a virus extension in Chromium. The "normie-proof" thing is a meme

Is Elementary is good? My parents aren't computer savvy but their laptop is dated and hanging, should I buy them a new one or try installing Elementary first? Can normies use it?

Imagine giving her cunnilingus as she test drives whatever flavor of Linux Junior Mints throws at her. Yeah, he'd be stuttering trying to keep you only in his peripheral vision as he narrated another of his spastic videos. You know, the videos guys only watch to masturbate to the thought of fucking his mother.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 4.45.36 AM.png (1459x1344, 1.66M)

No. Elder abuse is wrong, user.

Attached: 1360136862945.gif (140x140, 1.27M)

elementary is very friendly but if you want to minimize your build go with arch or gentoo.

yup, my 86 year old mom uses debian, but i maintain and update it remotely with ssh

I installed xubuntu on my moms laptop and her computer problems immediately stopped.
whenever she used to nag me about her laptop, I had to reinstall windows or remove some nasty software. nowadays I only do the LTS upgrades, everything else just werks.
she can do her online banking, shopping, play shanghai mahjong and bejeweled, send mail, that's all she needs.

I would never put them through that. I installed Windows 7 and disabled updates.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
?

Does not your mom have to do Word Excel and that kind of stuff?

Libreoffice comes preinstalled with all ubuntu distributions, even on liveboots

My budgie uses Linux because shit posting.

Attached: basedbudgie.jpg (640x799, 43K)

I didn't install GNU/Linux but I did install the Linux operating system. All they do is browse the web and use email, so they don't see any differences from windows.

>mom is low iq
>son posts a k-pop on a pedo website
ugh

>GNU/Linux
owo What's this?
I only know Linux, the OS. owo

Attached: 0.png (1920x1080, 449K)

sure Lubuntu it is

she's retired, but when she needed to do that stuff, she liked libreoffice. mostly because it didn't have ribbons.

Yeah my dad uses this with lubuntu.

Attached: TOSHIBA-MINI-NB500-108-1440-0586854.jpg (1440x1047, 134K)

Attached: 1536095202786.jpg (1104x666, 122K)

more

No they already have trouble reading don't need to compound that with Linux font rendering

Attached: 1556354056296.jpg (1600x900, 608K)

I actually used it on my most recent OS install and didn't like it. The out of the box apps are bloated and shitty, and the community is ded. Switched to GNOME manjaro and I'm very happy with it. It's what elementary should have been.

I did, have zero problems and complains now since the switch from Winshit.

sauce?

MUH DICKKKKKKK

Yes, my father uses Q4OS.

she reminds me of my aunt, she used to masturbate me under the sheets whenever I stayed at her place

Yes.

i installed xubuntu 18.04 + adblock on my father laptop because it kept getting messed intalling garbage, before that i put the mate version

(you)

It's these types of threads that proves you faggots are a cult.

This has officially become a Diana thread

They use tablets like every other person passed middle age

These threads exist because the linux desktop can be set in such a way to be perfect for this particular use case. You're wrapped up in your own connotations like a little baby boy.

>you need backports for so many things
Normies don't give half a shit about running an LTS kernel. They never notice Xfce's deficiencies, they just know it looks and works like Windows used to before 10, which they generally hate and want to get away from. They actively want the very opposite of bleeding edge because they don't see software updates as "I get new features", they see them as "What a fucking hassle, oh and there's a chance this'll break something". The normie's ideal OS is something that doesn't change, and Debian does that pretty well.

>it's exactly like windows, no issues at all
>it's exactly like windows
>no issues at all

Attached: thinking.gif (498x498, 613K)

Gave Ubuntu to mom for a day while I cloned her spinny rust drive to an SSD, she had no issues Facebooking and Youtubing, then resumed using Windows. I've extended the offer to help her migrate to Linux if she ever actually wants to, but I don't push it.

I want to install my OS in her harddrive.

ok, whose mom's is this?

OSFirstTimer's mom

Attached: 1445091134700.webm (1448x914, 2.88M)

I hate them both.

He doesn't realize there is a large genetic component at play here.

Orphans of Jow Forums represent.

I think my mom's laptop still dual boots Ubuntu but she doesn't use it

I'm a nigger so no
incredibly hot if true

go into detail

He never claimed he was high IQ.

There isn't much into it, just casual incest, we kept doing it until she finally managed to find a husband. Started with masturbation when I was 16 (she was 30), then blowjobs until we finally crossed the line and had unprotected sex, she leg locked me and I came so hard that I passed out for 3 seconds or so, it was great. We stopped for years after her marriage, but last Christmas we shared a long, passionate kiss when we went to buy shit for the family dinner. I think she misses the immense arousal due how immoral it was.

>t. things that never happened

Attached: 1547101423689.jpg (400x365, 17K)

>the immense arousal due how immoral it was
cringe

Attached: redneck[1].jpg (358x406, 48K)

Of course it's true. Why would anyone lie on the internet?

Attached: 1497484296153.png (353x282, 87K)

So what happened to that autismo? Is he living it up on a farm somewhere in Tasmania right now?

nice

YOU KILLED MY RASCAL

I have. Installed Ubuntu in 2004 on my folks' Windows XP box because they never used it, and kept complaining about how they couldn't make sense of the interface. I slapped a big shiny theme on Gnome. Tweaked everything to be ridiculously huge, and made icons as large as possible too. I added some dock to the bottom that had icons for mail (evolution), web browser (firefox), and music player (I went with XMMS over the default). I showed them how to use each program and within two weeks they were reading and sending emails to their handful of friends, listening to the 10 or so CDs I ripped for them, and checking their stocks.

The experiment was a success until 2007, when my dad put a big mug of coffee on top of the tower, and accidentally knocked it over, getting liquid all up in there. At that point I was making decent money, so I just bought them a Mac and made everything huge on there. They lost interest in the Mac by 2011, when my older brother one-upped me and bought them each an iPad. Touch interfaces really are perfect for senior citizens. Should have thought of it myself.

Now I'm an old fag (33) who uses huge fonts on all my devices. Circle of life.

>mfw

Attached: mdemoms.png (581x447, 504K)

Just get them linux mint dude.

I think that they'll be fine if only use it for browsing the web, Skype, do basic tasks on office programs, etc...

Attached: 1474604386518.jpg (200x252, 10K)

I'd install my GNU/Linux on her computer if you know what I mean

no my parents live nearly 18000km away

For the love of god please more of this technology

Attached: 1520465742710.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

My pop kept installing "security" programs that actually fucking broke his Win7's capability to connect to the fucking network. Far as I can tell most of these programs were legitimate but stacking so many caused clashes. I had literally everything on the network running some form of Unix by that point EXCEPT for him so I just copied his shit to a second drive and put Linux Mint on there. His computer isn't exactly new but it runs about 2-3x faster than the shit heap install of Windows he had.

He complains from time to time but I'm absolutely fucking sick of this backwards boomer shit fucking my unified network up. Everything ran flawlessly except for that fucking AIDS of a Windows install.