ITT:

Placebo Technology

Attached: samsung_850.jpg (1920x1080, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4f4saFpRlvU
youtu.be/EqpUJ_o2xeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(You)

Based.

Wew, I got one more (You) than OP in his own thread.

Based.

Not even quoting. Search for the (You) yourself

@70777225
>4 IPs
>3 posters + 1 OP
OP dun goofed

Fuck jannies

>access time is placebo

You know, when your HDD dies because the I/O-Head doesn't move properly anymore due some mechanical damaged, your Data is fucked and can't be recovered if you don't pay a shitload of money. It wont happen on a SSD since flash memory technology doesn't involve mechanical moving partgs, thanks god. Checkmate HDDlet!

@70777142

*SKRT* *SKRT* *SKRT* *SKRT* *SKRT*

And absolutely FUCK anime

Yeah, you should get the evo

>hits the kitchen floor with a sharp 1000 Gs impact lasting 10 microseconds.
>still works fine.
>placebo.

Yeah right.

>Speeds up startup times by a factor of 5 or something.
>Placebo.

Right

It's placebo. The drive itself doesn't actually do anything different than a normal HDD. The mobo just checks to see if you have an approved SSD and slows your boot time artificially if you don't.

Attached: ssdsaregarbage.png (445x472, 149K)

But the chips in an SSD are square. Bits are square too so an SSD stores them without distortion. A hard disk forces them into a circle so they end up slightly distorted when they're read out again. If you flip or rearrange the bits and store them again, they become more distorted. Whereas with an SSD you get perfect fidelity no matter how many times you store your bits.

>Flash dies
>Can't even repair it

At least you could salvage data from HDD, when SSD dies you're fucked.

That's why we have backups. Not gonna spend the amount of money that my bulk storage HDD cost to swap platters just to get data off it.

>@
Did you really?

This is made even worse when you try to copy data from a European computer to an American computer. I tried to download linux onto my computer but it crashed and started to smoke because I was using an ssd and the server was using a mechanical drive. Also the server was european so the frequency of the data was wrong for my american computer. That combined with the distortion in the data caused a defrag in my rambus and blew out my cpu. This is why ssds and linux should never be used in america. if god intended for computers to run linux he would have made them run it in the first place.

NoFap

so its a measurable improvement aka no placebo

Most people don't know but you can actually use European downloads on American computers. You just have to switch the PSU from American 115 MHz data frequency to 220 MHz.

>what is bait

Attached: image.jpg (853x855, 180K)

If you are making backups is cheaper on HDD too you mongoloid what the fuck are you talking about.

>when you try to copy data from a European computer to an American computer
Fuck I hate having to do this.
Especially since everything they do is in bits instead of 1/8 bytes.

Placebos are measurable improvements

>@
FUCKING NEWFAGS GET OUT OF MY BOARD REEE

Attached: angry-pepe.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Based

from 40 second startup time to 8 seconds. its not a placebo.... thats pretty much all it does tho, you pay the extra bucks to have your O.S on its own drive and that takes load off your sata ports

t. been here less than 2 months

I’m not telling you why she used @, either.

but placebo works

Attached: muh-placebo-technology.tiff.jpg (2048x1520, 849K)

Think of all the time you wasted to take that picture nigger

@70781647

no (you)s for (you)

SSD for the OS, HDD for backups you dumb nigger.

Think of all the time you're wasing on Jow Forums

You're on an *imageboard*. Lighten up a little.

>faster CPU
>performance upgrade
>more ram
>performance upgrade
>faster storage
>nah that shit is placebo

says the newfag. @posts have been used to avoid giving (You)s for years

The OP doesn't get (you)s for replies to the OP you stupid fucking piece of shit.
I wish you were here so I could take a cheese-grater to your nutsack then rub in salt and vinegar chips before punching you in your stupid retard face.

not when you seed torrents, ssd are great for that, i've got 2 hdd died because of intensive seeding, ssd just werks.

>>faster storage

already sounds like placebo to me

>70785509
Lol no (u)

Fuck you!
>Hugs Adata XPG 8200 Pro

5 hard drives in RAID 0.

Is this one of the reasons why PAL and all the other weird file formats were a thing back then? Always wondered how come different parts of the world had all these strange problems related to electrical systems but now I wonder if it was because off SSD vs HDD components.

Attached: d62dc37a9fa8caec01317e77de44dc9269b79c54170febdfe9b2dd7a6f48fa58.jpg (800x598, 511K)

Bits are round. Check mate.

t.stillanhddlet

The zeroes are, but the ones are long and skinny and pack well onto squares.

lol this has to be bait

Attached: 1*yEAYgBhHmlWPuBq78-mhnA.jpg (1600x1066, 202K)

A placebo is when people think something performs better or faster while it does not. This is possible because we percept the world on our own behavioural environment which does not always match up with the real world.

This shit is often seen in medicine.

This does not take away the fact that we can objectively measure if something actually has improved. In the case of an SSD it has an improved and as such it is no placebo but an improvement.

I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Here's your "PLACEBO" retard:
youtu.be/4f4saFpRlvU
youtu.be/EqpUJ_o2xeA

faster storage is not a big improvement, unless you a Windows 10 daily user

We haven't had (You)s for years, newfaggot.

I hope no one here is stupid enough to use Windows.

7/10

(You)

But this isn't just about faster storage - yes, transferring files is much faster, but UI operations are instantaneous, software loading time is reduced, your boot is faster, etc. It's not just one thing.

turbokek

Ohai u must be nu here.

>@
oh god oh fuck

I'd be interested in hearing the Placebo aspects. I'm planning on buying a bunch of 2tb pro drives in the next few weeks and overcommitting them as 1.5tb ZFS volumes.

It only makes you look autistic

It's worth it for startup and load times in games even if there were no other performance or reliability advantages.

A HDD is only limited to a certain RPM, otherwise all the electrons are gonna fall out when it spins too fast. By contrast an SSD's read speed only get an increase when mounted vertically due to gravitational forces.

That's nice but a HDD is only fast when reading data on the outside since the rpms are a constant.

Attached: 0A5EE4FD-CA78-4956-8C8C-72AE9F81F6B4.jpg (838x1267, 491K)

Just never mount an SSD upside down. The bits will fall out since they aren't held in place by centrifugal force. I learned this the hard way. I was still finding spilled bits for weeks. They get everywhere.

It's upside down all the electrons are gonna fall out

have sex

Why would I want to do that?

>being this much of a pedant fucktard
You're probably the kind of guy who argues the differences between hang toilet paper rolls under or over l.

wait op is the real performance increase when switching to ssd from not using a swap?

@70781647
@70777355
@70783203

>newfags

▲ ▲
> stay warm my sweet summer childs

>the irony

Your lack of self awareness is what is ruining your life.

actually for the average user thats all they need, it's quick and most people wont get in that easily

Easy. Get an identical drive and swap the platters

Who are you quoting newfag?

Vinyl records are a placebo, but I love them anyway

>physical audioform that doesnt require any power to listen to
its superior

That is a lot of undue aggression, user. You're either trying much too hard, or probably need to be on medication.

jesus fucking christ what is wrong with that dude's arms?

based anti-(You)s