/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
>1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: pc-build82473ebccce5def5d2b8f3ecea764c6d.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kzgnSh656F8
aliexpress.com/item/750W-PSU-ATX-12V-Gaming-PC-Power-Supply-24Pin-PCI-SATA-ATX-700-Walt-12CM-Fan/32924186117.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/VFVtZR
amazon.com/upHere-Graphics-Anodized-Aerospace-Aluminum/dp/B079HSVSLR/
pcpartpicker.com/list/nydjTB
ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-8GB-Founders-Edition-w-Original-Box/153457803762
ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-8GB-Windforce-Triple-Fan-Nvidia-GPU-w-Original-Box/153457808127
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no 9400f
>no 2060 for 1440p
>Radeon VII
yikers

>shilling HDDs in 2019
retard

>No 9900K as non plus ultra for non HEDT

what's a good power supply to buy? i have a seasonic s12ii 620W bronze and it's starting to make a clicking noise like this: youtube.com/watch?v=kzgnSh656F8

Attached: 58761623_502240500311164_8868626962478792704_n.jpg (534x712, 29K)

aliexpress.com/item/750W-PSU-ATX-12V-Gaming-PC-Power-Supply-24Pin-PCI-SATA-ATX-700-Walt-12CM-Fan/32924186117.html

samefag

>3x the power consumption for AT BEST 1.18x the performance
People only buy those to meme or because they're retarded.

Yeah the fans on those aren't great and don't like being on their side or upside-down.
You can just replace the fan, but they generally don't use the typical 3 pin case connector so you may have to solder or splice the wire onto a basic case fan yourself if you go that route.
If you really want to buy a new PSU when yours is perfectly fine except for the fan, then EVGA G2/G3, Seasonic Focus Gold, and Antec EarthWatts are some good ones.

>Why the fuck would you not buy a board which has an x1 slot above the x16?
It was cheap and available. It's not really a problem, took me 15 minutes to add an extension. I actually think it's better now, having it over the edge of the motherboard, all the way in the last case slot.

>Why the fuck would you use an internal sound card AT ALL?
Why not though? There's no interference issues, not any that I can tell, even performs better that several USB DACs that were more expensive that the card that I own. Plus it's 5.1, something that I need and I don't like needing USB for a DAC when I can simply connect it straight to a PCIe bus.

>what is load line calibration
As you can see, the CPU isn't under load. This is the idle voltage. As I already mentioned, it's actually undervolted from stock at the same frequency under load.

Attached: file.png (816x750, 997K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/VFVtZR

budget with a bit of gaming

seems ok to me, although someone will criticise because they wouldn't do that.

Low amount of storage
Delta fans are cheaper for higher CFM if you can handle the noise and power bill
You should never pay for Windows
Decent socket choice if you are going for an upgrade path over pure performance per dollar.

>3 times
>When the 2700X draws 180 watts at 4.2 Ghz and the 9900K 225 at 5 Ghz
Literally ok "muh 5%" shill

Attached: 1556281179956.png (2259x1372, 1.87M)

Well it's a typical
>up-play all faults of products from Intel
>down-play all the faults with AMD
and last but not least
>when you do both of the above, look the difference is not that big!

>underclocks the 2700X from 4.35GHz to 4.2GHz
>ups the voltage arbitrarily
>claims this is typical
>one cherry picked result
>no power consumption (hint: the 2700 OC still isn't using 180W)
Oh wait, 2700X isn't even on the graph.
lol

>muh giggahurtz between different microarchitectures between different manufacturers
can't get any more retarded than this

3850x

will there be any issues if I continue using the PSU with the fan as it is? Not really confident in replacing the fan myself

>1440p
>6GB VRAM

>AMD marketing department says you 6GB is not enough compared to their 570 8GB!
>thats good enough for me
Yeah we should add amd 570 to 1440p

Just got an i7-8700k and a gtx 1080 ti. Is this a good monitor to pair with it? Is ultrawide a meme and there are better options out there?

Attached: 20190502_091520.jpg (3139x1379, 2.97M)

Seems really good

Just a fucking meme. Use it if you have good eyesight.

Attached: .jpg (510x427, 26K)

Ultrawide meme is the only meme worth getting for gaming

>Resolution
>2560x1080
No, not worth it at 34 inches. Really user, trust me.
Ultrawides are great for gaming, but at that size, you want at least 1440p.

Is a single 1080ti good enough for a higher resolution?

What makes it expensive is the G-Sync meme
Most FreeSync monitors work with Nvidia GPUs now, go for that

At 34", it's really low DPI, try to find a 27" 1080p ultrawide with FreeSync but I think you'll be able to find 1440p ultrawides with FreeSync (instead of G-Sync) at 34" would be the best and not that expensive

Yes, easily, you won't get 144FPS most of the time, but over 60 for sure and FreeSync will help

Ok, any recommendations? These are the other options available to me at a discount

Attached: 20190502_094435.jpg (2555x1670, 2.89M)

>21:9

Get 32:9 so you have two 1080p resolutions side by side, if you want ultra wide go all the way, why that specific resolution over 1440p?

Ultrawides in general have a high latency but the best you can get it the GK950G. Someone tested both the F and G and came to the conclusion that the G-Sync just works far better but the FreeSync does have better color accuracy

uhh just the noise and that the fan may die without you noticing.

570 on low-medium is fine for 1440p and is 1/3rd the cost so sure. Makes more sense than wasting $350 on a 6Gb VRAM card for 1440p.

You faggots used to shill the 1060 3Gb as well and that card fell off like a rock after just 1-2 years. So easy for you to troll by recommend something you KNOW will be bad soon, but no one can "prove it" since it requires future evidence, even though the past has repeated this repeatedly.

>picture of a screen
>8700k buyer
>considering ultrashorts
beyond help

There's nothing wrong with low DPI provided you sit far enough away from the screen.

Yes, which you won't with a curved ultrawide that's meant as a desk monitor.

Source? There isn't any magic with G-Sync, the extra chip doesn't do shit to improve anything but to lock out. There are no increased latency issues with FreeSync over G-Sync either, so what could be the problem? I doubt either one tears, since they can't do that by design.

With 32:9 at any given vertical resolution, you do have to drive more pixels. Normal ultrawides seem to fit that sweet spot well, you already get more than two 1:1 screens side by side if you use a tiling windowing manager. 21:9 won't have black bars either when watching movies.
So I guess it depends more on your and/or if you want it more for games or productivity.

When was the last time you guys built a PC? Seems like everyone on here is so out of touch with the current PC industry.

>Hurrdurr aios leak!
>Hurrdurr u need poo noctua fans for a 2c difference!
>Hurrdurr Air coolers r better den aios in ever scenario, despite having a heavy metal brick hanging off of your motherboard by 2 points of contact and dumping heat into your case.
>Hurrdurr tempered glass makes ur computer 2c hotter. Should have bought a Dell chassis from 2007
>Hurrdurr you're not allowed putting lights in your compuder cause I'm too poor to afford them

Pic related, every posted in /pcbg/

Attached: 1516409762095.jpg (225x225, 14K)

How nice of you to grace us with your enlightened presence. Got any more wisdom for us, doc?

anyone here using adata ssd? how reliable it is? i saw the tlc model like su750/800 can be had like less $100 for a tb.

I think it was Techspot or some youtube video, can't remember right now.

Those are just shitposters, we engage in friendly bantz because boredom.
Jure ignore it.

Obviously each has their own pros and cons in the real world.

There was an entire thread exactly like this:

>570 on low-medium is fine for 1440p and is 1/3rd the cost so sure.
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS!
570 is good for 1440p because it's AMD
The 2060 on the other hand is TERRIBLE FOR 1440p because it's nvidia.

>>Hurrdurr u need poo noctua fans for a 2c difference!
if a fan alone gave me 2c lower temps i'd fucking buy 5

>AMD
>noctua
>seasonic

Attached: soy.png (644x800, 15K)

Is there a way for me to know how much vram the current game is using?

You're using that meme wrong mate, Noctua is neither mainstream popular or hipster popular thanks to the ugly color scheme
Tech soys are more attracted to things like RGB Corsair products or the Evolv X

Speaking of the noctua colour scheme, is it possible to buy just the heatsink for a noctua product and purchase one of their black fans to avoid dealing with that gross ass colouring?

t.

Attached: 1554428334787.gif (350x409, 437K)

AIOs potential to leak isn't the main reason people don't recommend them. People don't recommend them because they're more loud and more costly for a given level of performance.
Noctua is rarely recommended as well. Scythe's better looking and cheaper Ninja 5 is recommended a lot.
You're retarded.
You're retarded.
You're retarded.

>price doesn't matter!
Why should anyone buy anything but a 2080Ti with that anti-logic?

>buy amd because 570 is cheaper than 2060 for 1440p
So what you are saying is
>Performance doesn't matter

AIOs have plenty of benefits and can have better performance and noise in certain builds. There is no definitive argument for or against them. It's that simple.

So what you're saying is
>price-to-performance ratio doesn't matter

>cost more
>do less
That's a pretty definitive argument against.

price to performance ratio does matter. However you simply can't reccomend a 1050 for 1440p no matter how much VRAM it has, even if it has 100GB of VRAM it would be slow and shit for 1440p.
Same shit applies to your amd 570.

Here is the kicker though 2060 is fine for 1440p.
But we all know you are a literal amd shill and want to pretend intel CPUs don't exist and Nvidia GPUs don't exist and that everybody should buy AMD and only AMD no matter what the circumstance.

Can anybody explain this to me?
Why is my Vcore going from idle 1.336V to 1.376V
When I set it up to be 1.3375V in BIOS.
More so, why is the SVI2 CPU core voltage 1.325V in idle and 1.306 during load.

Which one is the actual voltage going to my CPU. Am I supposed to ignore the Vcore voltage even though thats what everybody talk about when overclocking "set Vcore to this"

Attached: voltage wtf.jpg (1292x1208, 526K)

>lower noise
This is almost never true, as you're adding pump noise and the thermal bottleneck is the IHS.
Only with direct die cooling do you actually get better thermal conduct, and have a quieter pump in a custom loop etc.

AIOs are just plain inferior.

RX570 isn't a 1050. It is actually powerful enough to run games at 1440p with maxed textures and just the other settings lowered. The PS4 is significantly weaker and it runs games at 1440p, it just isn't doing so at what is maxed settings for PC.
That is perfectly acceptable 1440p performance, and expected future performance, from a $140 card.
The 2060, however, can't be expected to run 1440p well through the years just like the 1060 3Gb couldn't be expected to run 1080p well for years to come (yet was shilled anyway by you mouth breathing fucktards). People who recommend a 6Gb card for 1440p are just plain trolling, because no one can post here regularly like you do yet be that dumb.

Anyway, there is absolutely no reason to recommend the 2060 for 1440p when Vega56 exists for the same price or less. It's like recommending someone eat sand when they have perfectly good food available.

VR VOUT is probably the most accurate as the reading comes from the vrm

Forgot to say that this varies from board to board. The z390 aorus elite, pro, ultra has pretty accurate vcore readings from VR VOUT.

Correction Bios Vcore was set 1.325V and LLC3

>The PS4 is significantly weaker and it runs games at 1440p
??? I thought it runs games at 900p upscaled?

Pros of aios:
On a 240mm rad, there's 12 mounting points for it vs the 2 on some noctua coolers. Theres less weight hanging off the motherboard. better for portability.

Heat can be directed straight out of the case instead of relying on case airflow to push the heat out. Better for SFF builds.

Objectively looks better

Cons:
Extra part to fail. (Pump). Asetek rates their pumps for 70,000 hours run time, which is over 8 years of leaving it running 24/7. Ceramic bearing pumps are rated for 200,000 hours of continuous use.

0.0000000000001% chance of a leak. Even if this happens, any reputable AIO company will replace your entire PC.

Costs more

There's pros and cons for both.

I have a SFF build and I actually have friends that I bring my computer to to play games. If I had an nh-15 or dark rock pro 4 or something I'd be shitting my pants every time I moved it that I'm going to fucking bend the socket with enough or a bump. My temps would also be worse because my case airflow isn't as good. In an Matx build a 240mm AIO is perfectly acceptable.

PS4 Pro would be the closest analog to the RX570. It typically runs games at 1440p, 1620p, or equivalent with reconstruction up to 4K.
The PS4 is weaker than the 2400G iGPU.

More pros: If mounted as an intake, your radiator fans serve as a case fan and can be controlled by your AIO software easily.

AIO mounted as intake is also able to circumvent hot case air, ultimately improving cooling over an air cooler in that same case.

Cheapest place to buy DDR3 ram since newegg went to shit?

>Anyway, there is absolutely no reason to recommend the 2060 for 1440p when Vega56 exists for the same price or less.
Ah of course
>*rubs hands together* why ever buy Nvidia when you have AMD good goy

you must understand ps4 uses amd hardware, thus he must shill for ps4 as well

Stupid question but I just got a new motherboard, cpu, and RAM. I haven’t upgraded anything in a while. Is that all plug and play or do I need to prepare anything or even do a clean windows install or something?

Windows does not like having its equilibrium changed when you upgrade. There a chance your windows and upgraded hardware will cooperate, but most of the time it throws a bitch fit. Expect to clean install unless you get lucky.

Aw well. Looks like it’s time to finally upgrade to Windows 10 then.

You'll also need a new license key due to the mobo swap

>live in a big house where every room is a mess.
>can't find the part you need to finish your PC.
Will alcohol solve my problem?

Attached: download (3).jpg (236x227, 13K)

Unless you have a case you can put the top part of the heatsink outside, an AIO will have the benefit of being able to place the radiator outside, or if you have a case with a separate radiator compartment with it's own airflow.
Using outside air, running cooler than any tower heatsink inside the case, getting better cooling performance for less fan noise. Most AIOs don't use pumps, they move water via rotary action, I can tell you never even seen once, else you'd know it's inaudible inside a case.

You also have the benefit of being able to put low RPM fans on your VRM, something a tower cooler will make very hard. Great for overclocking and general airflow.

Not to even mention, AIOs have far more thermal mass, especially ones with big resourvars, you can have short turbo clock boosts without any noise or temperature increase and have it boost longer. No need for custom fan curve while still spiking in temperature and thermal throttling after 10 seconds, generally much less temperature variation over short periods.

Plus decent AIOs are now as cheap as high end tower heatsinks, even cheaper, depending on your application.
These also apply to custom loops and water cooling in general.
People being religiously against AIOs and water cooling because some autistic notion is not an argument.

t. currently a Noctua heatsink user, works great for my specific use case.

Third time builder, first time actually trying to cable manage. I think I did fine, I took my time, but the PSU Cables are retarded.

Attached: 58852786_2305884119716073_8310092836733190144_n.jpg (1352x1148, 458K)

Here is the back, not the cleanest.

Some things to mention from both the photos:
I have since moved the front fan down a bit since I want maximum air going into the videocard, despite it being passively cooled 90% of the time. Cleaned up a bit that dangling cable from the exhaust fan and screwed in the second screw for the GPU, the rear is still the same, more or less.

Attached: 58616575_281024472616898_1707958178353774592_n.jpg (720x736, 203K)

AIOs are a godsend in cooling GPUs with a hybrid kit like the kraken g12 desu.
My 1080ti which ran at 84c at 1900mhz now runs 48c 2040mhz and is near silent.

Betty good cable management. You should consider adding an intake at the top to feed cool air to your heatsink fan.

genocide the AMD bugmen

Yes, it applies to GPUs as well, not just CPUs.
People use tower coolers on GPUs too, both again have their pros and cons. Even blowers.

amazon.com/upHere-Graphics-Anodized-Aerospace-Aluminum/dp/B079HSVSLR/

Hello, Jow Forums.

I'm from Portugal, which is really subpar when it comes to PC parts prices, and i'm not really savvy when it comes to buying stuff online.

So, I decided to check a Computer store close from my home to buy a computer for gayming, and now I wanted to ask about you guys opinion on the setup they offered me, for the salty price of 1.345 Euro$.

pcpartpicker.com/list/nydjTB

Do you guys recommend swapping any parts? Even though the monitor doesn't seem the best option, it's 50$ off, so i'd say it's worth it. Unless it's really bad for some reason i don't know, which would be appreciated too if someone enlighten me.

Thanks and have a nice day.

>Support AMD
>All they do is support consoles
Kek, the absolute state of AMD PC gamers supporting the death of PC gaming

Attached: 20190502_190410.jpg (1769x1237, 326K)

The CPU runs under 60 degrees while turbo'd to the max. Sad that AMD dislikes OCing and manually setting it up does almost nothing, especially in synthetic benchmarks, It just crashes, I ran CS:GO @ 4.25 without a problem, but it was bound to cause problems.
I think it is a perspective thing, it isn't actually sagging all that much.

Also, here it is running.
>inb4 RGB
I don't care, I like the customizability, despite it being off or one color 90% of the time.

the monitor might do it, if it were in dollars afaik it would be pretty close
how much warranty do they give? and the os?

Know of any sales or anything for windows 10 right now? I’m a brainlet so I prefer having a legit copy.

>and the os?
Download en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_74865958.iso

Turns out I am retarded and don't know how to attach an image, must be the RGB.

Attached: 58729779_2404216002963136_7130604807621967872_n.jpg (720x960, 74K)

That'd be pretty bad in terms of GPU sag though... Waterblocks/AIOs don't add that much weight to the GPU like a heatsink does.

If you don't buy nvidia/intel, why use PC at all when AMD has consoles with far better performance?

The setup would cost around 1150 dollars, and I'm paying 1490~1550.

They seem to be pretty legit about warranty, and they will also built it for me. It also comes with w10 installed, which I assume it's not a original copy though. I'd probably would installed it myself nowadays.

You can always order from amazon.de/co.uk. Their returns are easy.
The reason in the US is cheaper is because the Sales tax is added right after and warranties are shit.

ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-8GB-Founders-Edition-w-Original-Box/153457803762

thoughts? I want to pick this up over a brand new 2060, but i'm a little worried about buying preowned. the fact they still have the box is a good sign though right? that probably means it wasnt shipped around chinese bitcoin farms for years.

for that markup it might not be worth it unless you dont have the time to assemble everything

if you really wanna do it, get everything from amazon and just suck it up

It means nothing that they have the box, the price looks decent-ish, despite it being a blower style.

Hi this may be a stupid question, when having two monitors if I have the other one turned off won't it impact my game performance and will it treat like the monitor is not plugged in? And if the answer is yes when it's turned on but just let's say a notepad document is open does it impact performance significantly just by being powered on? For reference, my main monitor is a 1440p 144hz ips and the other one is 4k 60hz tn. Thanks in advance

they are likely reselling it because its a blower. they are hella noisy

I feel as though this thread is shot place to ask but here it goes anyway. Would a 2700x bottleneck a Radeon 7?

Rendering frames is not that dependent on monitor setup. I am using 2 monitors now and I don't see any hit on performance.

"Rgb" as I've come to know it is just tasteless rainbow shit. Personally as long as you have a decent colour scheme with you leds thats not rainbows you're fine.

I don't really trust my country delivery services. I feel like i'd end up paying massive customs prices to receive the pc parts.

Wish I could talk to someone who already bought that kind of stuff from here.

the same seller has multiple different models all with original box, should i go with one of these instead?

ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-8GB-Windforce-Triple-Fan-Nvidia-GPU-w-Original-Box/153457808127

Buying used hardware, would you rather go with a 1070 or 980 Ti, provided the price is about the same?

must be a store then?

a used 980ti should last way less that a used 1070
the 1070 also has less chances of being damaged by miners