Windows 10 debloating

So how would you go about debloating Windows 10?
How to make the best out of a shitty situation?
How to uninstall and remove the most out of all the preinstalled candy crush/xbox/windows store etc crap?
How to correctly set up at least somewhat acceptable privacy settings?

>inb4 install Leeenuks
Sadly not an option

Attached: Windows-10-920x613.jpg (920x613, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bmrf/tron
github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater
youtu.be/u1kGMCfb2xw
safer-networking.org/products/spybot-anti-beacon/
wst-place.com/download/file.php?id=140)
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/
community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
wpd.app/
github.com/DavidXanatos/priv10/releases
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/9wzu0f/ltsc_2019_rereleased_iso_x32x64_en/
gentoo.org/downloads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just install LTSC

ameliorated.info
You can either download their ISO which is completely debloated, or if you think this is fishy and don't trust them just download their scripts and take a look in them before you execute them to make your own Ameliorated Windows.

uninstall and/or unpin the shit that you see on your start menu
it took me 1 minute and i got rid of every single piece of bloatware shit that came with windows 10

you can't debloat win 10
only way is to go back to 8.1

>windows 8.1
even more ugly bloat
neck yourself

Just use LTSB or LTSC. Copies are super easy to aquire.

Uninstall it.

I want to try LTSB some time, but I'm afraid it's removed some of the things I actually like about windows 10.
Little things like being able to natively route audio through devices and the built in bluetooth and wireless connection managers, and having those widgets in the notification area.

Windows 10 isn't all bad. If it wasn't for all the intrusive features like cortana and bing integration then I'd be happy with it.

LTS is shit and its not meant for the average consumer
if you want unbloated windows then manually uninstall the bloat

This.
I installed LTSC like three weeks ago, it's not a meme, it's fucking empty and fast as fuck. I can really see a difference.
I definitely recommend it.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Install FreeBSD

Neither does windows 10 after you uninstall the bloat

Not him but it's easier and more reliable to just install LTSC and manually install everything you need that it doesn't have. An "average consumer" might find that process difficult, but people on Jow Forums are fucking nerds with no life, not average consumers, and for a nerd, it should be easy enough.

Install Windows 10 LTSC today

LTSB is fine for normal use. Just install the features you want. I use it on my main PC, gave my parents a pc with it, and even installed it on my sister's gayming pc and none of them have had any problems. Only thing you really have to do on a fresh install is reenable the photo viewer.

Absolute first step is download the iso you want and run it through NTLite. Disable services and take off shit you don't want.

for my normal day to day tasks LTSB is not good enough because it doesnt have certain programs

doesnt LTSC missing too much features and its made for basically minimal use? so wont that cause problems with software?

from /sqt/ sticky

>LTSC (previously LTSB) is a minimal version of Enterprise intended for limited use devices like ATMs and kiosks that need consistency at all costs. The Windows Update client only provides basic security updates for it, leaving out the bug fixes and new components all other users get, which may impact OS behavior and software/driver compatibility

Tell us which of the Windows 10 default bloatware you need for your normal day to day tasks, user. I want to know your despondence. I want to hate you.

You can just install anything that's missing. The whole reason to go with LTS is so you can pick and choose what programs you want.

the calculator app is missing

LTSB/C user for years now. Only thing I needed to manually install was Store and Xbox. No problems ever.

No it's not... And even if it were, just download it...

I think the general idea is that anything it's missing can just be installed at your leisure. The only real concern is security updates.

Yes. LTSC is missing many core "features," and it's "made for" minimal use, and that may cause "problems" with some """""software.""""" To understand why this probably won't have a net negative impact on your user experience, you need to get it through your skull that Microsoft, being a large corporation, is, naturally, a piece of shit.

Paid undercover Microschlong shills will "inform" you (read: literally fucking beg you in tears on their knees because they are that pathetic, but then try to dress it up as if they're just informing you) not to use LTSC because of "muh updoots." The real reason they're begging you not to use it is because they want to force the consumer experience crap on you to ever so slightly bolster the slim chance you'll find reasons to pay them more money.

LTSC is missing the bulk of the updates mainline Windows receives, this is true. But the thing is, like most of the mainline Windows system itself, most of the updates it receives are for """""consumer experience.""""" LTSC receives critical updates just fine. The reason it doesn't get them as often is simply because the software itself is smaller. It doesn't get frequent bugfixes to Le Candy Crush Barbie Doll Sim Pls Pay Microcock 200rupys for Better Diamond Pickaxe because if you're on LTSC you don't fucking HAVE that, nor do you want it.

The xbox app is missing

The xbox app is not useful
If you """""""""need""""""""" it for something, however, or any of the mainline windows bloatware for that matter, you can just install windows store and then install everything you need from windows store

I need it for forza
Thats literally it

That being said, if you do decide to switch to LTSC, keep cautious. I stand by my case that Microsoft doesn't currently withhold any actually necessary updates from LTSC, but I wouldn't put it past them to actually do so in the future just to milk its userbase for cash, given how fervently they already shill against LTSC for the same purpose.

then just install windows store and install xbox off it
actually, if you don't trust windows store, and i wouldn't blame you, then i'm pretty sure you can even just install the xbox app as a standalone package

Reminder that piracy caused anti-LTSC shilling.

Windows Enterprise is for businesses, as the name suggests. As such, it's *priced* for businesses. It costs a fucking lot. It's justified, too: If you don't want them to stick microtransactions in your OS, but you also don't want to pay extra for the OS itself, how do you expect them to make a profit?

Windows is a product, retards. It's something you're supposed to pay for. What, did you think just because it comes with your computer, that means it's free? Entitled little shits.

Point being, if you want Microsoft to embrace the LTSC userbase, maybe the LTSC userbase should stop fucking pirating LTSC and start obtaining it through the appropriate channels.

>Windows is a product, retards. It's something you're supposed to pay for. What, did you think
that id pay for it once with money and not twice with money first and then with my information

>..because it comes with your computer, that means it's free? Entitled little shits.

no one said its not free you baffoon, your computer cost more if it has preinstalled OS, just because it comes preinstalled with every machine doesnt mean you get it for free as some sort of bonus for fucking buying prebuild instead of building it yourself
fuck are you even talking about

Pajeet, I don't QA your pozed code that you call an OS.

lol just get a 5$ product key from ebay

>your computer cost more if it has preinstalled OS,
This is actually incorrect, so my point stands. It generally costs more to get a prebuilt computer that doesn't come with Windows than a prebuilt computer that doesn't.

>1809

intoletrashitgoes.tiff

github.com/bmrf/tron

/thread

thoughts on this ?
github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

There is no bloat, at least for me, the shit you see in start menu isn't installed yet, those are ads, and it literally asks you if you want to see ads after the first installation.
I just set updates to manual in group policy and that's it.

>There is no bloat
??
out of the box there are over a 100 processes running compared to the 30 with windows 7
based ram used just for the os is also more than double to w7

>How to correctly set up at least somewhat acceptable privacy settings?
Impossible. But at least you can debloated until the next update arrives.

saved and bookmarked, will try it on my windows nigger rig

>Sadly not an option
Do it. There isn't another option.
There is no possible way to debloat anything above windows xp because the OS became such a clusterfuck. This is the closest thing for w10 and even it doesn't do much.

>every single piece of bloatware
wrong on so many levels, thanks to the mobile OS and all the default apps that come with it (something not even being made anymore) they have so much shit installed that I never use. And all the new apps that handle older stuff but they haven't migrated it all to newer apps.

Duplicate shit:
>paint
>paint 3D

>settings app
>control panel

>wordpad
>notepad
>textpad

>media player
>groove music

Stuff that is still around:
>cortana
>xbox app
>camera app
>alarms
>Get Help
>maps
>messaging
>mail

>Windows Enterprise is for businesses, as the name suggests. As such, it's *priced* for businesses. It costs a fucking lot. It's justified, too: If you don't want them to stick microtransactions in your OS, but you also don't want to pay extra for the OS itself, how do you expect them to make a profit?

Windows 10 Enterprise (Non LTS) will prohibit users and organisations to use Semi-Annual Channel if the telemetry level is set to 0 [Security]. Instead, you are stuck with Semi-Annual Channel(Targeted) which is detrimental to the reliability of the corporate machines. Hence, the corporations have to make do with minimum basic telemetry sent to Microsoft. Before you say "Oh wait corporations uses WSUS not WU", there is something called dual scan, and disabling that(the WU portion anyway) will have further significant feature impacts on the OS.

However, this restriction does not apply to LTS variants, for they do not get feature/garbage updates in the first place. Hence, users have minimal impact by setting Telemetry settings to 0 [Security]. This is another major reason why Microsoft makes LTS so restrictive(and more expensive, no LTS for you if you get E3 subscription)--they give users/admins too much power, and they don't want that. They want you to buy their licenses, their volume licenses and their CALs, and still expect you to send them your data. The pirates are a minority after all.

In a nutshell, even if you buy Enterprise, you are still subject to 'microtransactions', or severely restricted OS behavior which is prohibitively difficult to use in an enterprise environment.

This guy has a video that was very decent at launch, much of the same still applies.
youtu.be/u1kGMCfb2xw

Anti-beacon used to be free, then they changed it to $10.
safer-networking.org/products/spybot-anti-beacon/

>Windows 10 debloating
don't forget to defragment and clear the registry

Attached: index.jpg (207x243, 6K)

>what the fuck do you mean you don't play candy crush soda saga
ftfy

Attached: donutead.png (1080x1350, 1.45M)

I recommend using w10knife (wst-place.com/download/file.php?id=140) to cut off unwanted parts from an installation image yourself, instead of using some system-breaking scripts that claim to disable features which will get reenabled anyway. Basically it's a free analog of NTLite

There are many options. You can use something like MSMG Toolkit to customize the installation ISO itself, removing components altogether
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/

You can run the Decrapify script during the install
community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378

Use the "Windows Restricted Traffic Limited Functionality Baseline" after install. It disables most connections that Windows 10 makes, including potentially useful ones (Time service, Update, Network connection checker etc.)
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

O&O Shutup10
oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Windows Privacy Dashboard
wpd.app/

PrivateWin10
github.com/DavidXanatos/priv10/releases

The last three are easy-to-use graphical tools that let you disable shit by clicking a button.

I would recommend using Enterprise LTSC version. Alternatively Enterprise/Education. Pro version is the last resort and Home is pure cancer. Activate with KMS_VL_ALL

where to download ltsc

Delete the WIndows directory.

go to C:\Windows then delete the System32 folder.

I have LTSB (which now I'm informed that they're called LTSC) on both of my PCs for so long, I had forgotten about it. They may be a little tricky at first, but they're worth it if you don't care about the bloatware.

request your college a free win10 Education licence key

Attached: 1554438774581.jpg (474x437, 20K)

>sisters gaming pc
PLEASE BE IN LONDON

What's the difference between having Candy Crush preinstalled and having Solitaire preinstalled?

Solitaire is a beloved cultural tradition. Granted, the version of Solitaire packaged with earlier versions of Windows is proprietary Microsoft software, of course, but it doesn't shove its brand in your face. It's more about the cultural tradition of solitaire than it is about the intellectual property of the corporation providing it. By contrast, Candy Crush is a blatant IP plug with no component of cultural tradition whatsoever. It provides some small entertainment value, but other than that, everything about its graphical design and interface design makes it quite clear it's all about the brand, all about the aesthetics, all about the money, all about the intellectual property it features, all about that shiny new """consumer experience,""" with relatively little focus on the actual pure game and its playability.

based 10 education bro
it's the comfiest windows

Attached: Captura.png (427x189, 8K)

This is the one I used
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/9wzu0f/ltsc_2019_rereleased_iso_x32x64_en/
>inb4 plebbit
couldn't find it anywhere else

r/Piracy is based as fuck tho

seething amerimutt
fuck copyright lmao

or just install LTSC

I have a win10 pro license.. can I use that to install LTSC or would I need to pirate to do so? I suppose it doesn't matter but I'd like to know

Retard, you still get regular security updates.

I don't get honestly what problem you have, just uninstall games and don't use shit you don't like

people are under 18 on this board for sure

Go back then.

remove all apps
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

Try with this script:
gentoo.org/downloads/

Attached: 1538920183956.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Run it as a VM and find out for yourself user

Im using ltsc for years and I never missed any "feature"

>windows 8.1

All of the spyware, none of the Windows 7 goodness.

I'd like to have a legal win10 install. I have a key for win10 home from the free upgrade program. What should I install to have a legal, debloated win10 without automatic updates.

Underrated and sadly ignored post

People, hello, there's brain

you must not 'debload' windows 10
just uninstall uneeded shit except stock apps and features to keep system stability

that's it, windows should not auto download it back after system finish configuration

I debloated it by formatting the partition it was on.

Hello Sir

I understand that you are having problem with your Microsoft Windows PC computer

I need you to Run sfc /scannow and let me know if this has resolved your issue Sir

Rajeet Wakanda - Microsot Certified Java Grand Master

Attached: DrDog.png (640x775, 592K)

you can't buy ONE ltsc license for a reasonable price

Solitaire was introduced in the early 90s mostly as a way to show-off the drag and drop functionality of the mouse which was a new thing at the time.

Candy Crush is nothing more than an easy paycheck for Microsoft, nothing more.

get a key on eBay for like $5 - $3 if you use the code PERKS4ME

then just go into settings and change your product key. windows will install enterprise edition which has access to ltsc.

do you gaym? if not I genuinely recommend linux

Yep this and ShutUp10 will do everything you need to make Windows 10 more than tolerable.

>how do you expect them to make a profit?

Well, how did they make profits all these years?