What exactly made him a good programmer, Jow Forums?

what exactly made him a good programmer, Jow Forums?
was his code fast?
was it incredibly tidy?
did it achieve more than any mortal being could achieve in the same amount of lines?

Attached: TAD.png (450x399, 223K)

he was better than your average self-taught hack but by academic standards he was mediocre. implementing a compiler and an operating system isn't difficult, just tedious. guess you have a lot of time when you're cashing in those schizobux

Jow Forums literally only likes him because he says racist shit like nigger and is has NSA/FBI paranoia like all the other pedophile boomers here hiding CP and Lolicon on encrypted partitions on their dozen-year-oldThinkpads with anime stickers running linux

Attached: nasa.webm (360x696, 137K)

have YOU done it, dickhead

Premise invalid.

Attached: 1553291397789.png (674x432, 28K)

>what exactly made him a good programmer, Jow Forums?
GOD

t. never implemented an operating system

>what exactly made him a good programmer, Jow Forums?
autism

so, i have a chance of being good?

>I didn't take an operating systems design class so you didn't either!
temple os isn't even a complicated or modern system, it's very similar to hobbyist shit from the 80s

congrats on taking a gay little class
it's not the same as implementing an operating system from scratch with nobody to hold your hand

he was persistent
any other person would give up on developing an OS after a few months

>it's not the same as implementing an operating system from scratch with nobody to hold your hand
what do you think we did in class, dipshit? the state of Jow Forums

He wrote a function to draw a filled rectangle

please stop talking about computers, you have never implemented an x86 cpu from sand anyway

He was an alright programmer by anyones standards. It's just impressive that he built a *Functional operating system from scratch with his own tools, graphics,and file systems.
It's impressive by scale, not talent.
Imagine a mediocre sculptor making the worlds largest sculpting. It wouldn't be pretty or have a legitimate use, but people would still be in awe of the worlds largest sculpture.

>we
>class
you are a child

No one gives a shit about "academic standards".

fufufufu all of this salt over a two bit conspiratard who lost his job for calling people niggers, the bandwagon effect is real

A good programmer is someone who can imagine any program in their head and then make it real.
Terry was a good programmer. Just because he imagined things you or I might not doesn’t make him bad at it.

>good
no
he was the best

>implementing a compiler and an operating system isn't difficult
kek

>was

Does anyone have that webm of him jacking off in the back of his van? Looking to add it to my Terry Davis archive.

In the other Terry thread currently happening.