Jesus fucking christ what the fuck is this hot garbage

jesus fucking christ what the fuck is this hot garbage
it's already bad enough I was forced to install all the office apps overwriting my older ones just to be able to use publisher, but then I forgot to disable updates and now I'm stuck with this shit
please god, let there be a way to reverse this

Attached: shit.png (800x600, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YplAU5myNP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol you boomers complained that metro was shit too. Are you going to say metro was always good and fluent is bad now

at least they look really nice

Don't blaspheme the name of God again

Those look fine

>no O on onedrive
my autism IT BURNS

youtube.com/watch?v=YplAU5myNP4
this video makes me feel some feelings i didn't know existed, like i am in a dystopian capitalist world where it's perfectly normal for companies to shill new icons instead of new products

Attached: 1555485105176.jpg (660x525, 35K)

>calls programs "apps"
>thinks can complain about Microsoft
Neck yourself.

Attached: images.jpg (279x181, 11K)

>Office, Word, and Y(?) look the exact same at first glance
BRAVO MICROSHAFT

Why does every company want to monopolize everything?

jesus...how can microsoft...with all their resources...not into design...

You know it's bad design when you have to put boxes with letters on the icons so people can recognize the program.

Because they are run by humans.

embrance the change oji san

Is Skype an Office program now?

I'll actually defend that. Microsoft has been using Office logos with the respective letter (W, P, E, etc) on them for decades. Staying true to the old design for familiarity is a strong incentive to keep the cuckboxes.

At least they look marginally better than flatshit.
Still shit compared to pic rel

Attached: excel.png (256x256, 18K)

Is this the new flat shit?

These look fine. Quit complaining about nothing you fucking loser

>going back to 3D icons
Fashion fags are so predictable

> "Fluent Design" is almost unreadable
At least we distance us further from the pure flat icons.

That looks like ass. Put on some lip gloss since you like glossy effects everywhere, tranny boomer.

based

AGAIN!? Why can't they just keep it consistent or atleast introduce a legacy edition for those of us who don't care.

I'm definitely glade for this at least. I still miss the days of android jelly bean on my nexus 4. Now everything looks like it was drawn by a toddler.

>Is Skype an Office program now?
Only Skype for Bussiness, iirc.

Unironically better than flatshit

I like it, they look fun. Also, get fucked you dumb proprietary cuck.

use libreoffice then

When are they going to fix font rendering in Word so it doesn't look like complete and utter shit?

post this on /gd/

they actually look nice, I know linux fags are doomed in hell of their ugly desktop but c'mon!

This.

maybe I'm retarded but aren't these made for universal apps?

I'm just glad that we're slowly moving past the flat design cancer

>Disable Windows Update and WUMedic Service since february
>Run the activator for MS Office last month because the update to w10 overwrote my former legal install
>Open up Power Point
>See this
Explain this shit nerds

Attached: o.png (44x42, 827)

Noooooo flat design made my job as a designer so easy.

its outlook thats how poorly done they are

This design is so bad, I can't distinguish them, the monochromatic scheme with low contrast makes everything blend in those tiny icons.

> Skype, OneDrive
ok, at least I can immediately distinguish them and the siluettes are pronounced.

> PP, OneNote
bad but at least the tone contrast with clear large fields makes them pop a bit

> The rest
garbage, they are crap and 3 of them are blue so I'd never click on the right one.

good thing I don't use proprietary malware.

what are the s, t and y icons??

>Disable Windows Update
You're retarded, what's here to explain?

>this is so uuugly
>linux is uglier than night

what did he mean by this

The cyan words. I can't read. Who was the genius reaponsible for that.

Use 'other install options' for the 64bit versions that look like office 2016, retard.

i like cyan, sir. cyan is good, sir. ok?

SharePoint, Teams, and Yammer

have (you) never used linux? or you are so atrophied by just saying yes to whatever your corporate masters sell you, that you don't even have the capacity to personalize your environment to your non-existent taste?

I installed ton of distros, shit is fucking ugly no matter how you try, also seen your 'efforts' on this board, shitty desktop is shitty

never heard of teams and yammer.

Microsoft's graphic design team got cocky. They're literally trying to set a new trend.

This, I don't know what I'm going to do if I have to do 3D shit.

With the metro shit back during the early Windows phone 7 and Windows 8 days they kinda did

>trend
not even throughout Windows this is a trend. You have all sorts of icons and visual styles in their latest Win10, from Win98, XP, Vista, 8, and multiple variations of 10's own style. All in one single OS.

I already got the new icons. I honestly like them. The big problem is that they don't fit at all with the rest of the flat aesthetic.

kys

WP7 had pretty good UI.
I liked it.

everyone thinks the design they grew up with is the greatest thing on the planet and endlessly bitches about everything after

it's sad really

kys, you arrogant cunt

those icons are kino

I don;t mind them either
The problem is that they don't match other current Office programs

Attached: office.png (323x455, 56K)

>that searing bright blue on a light grey background
What were they thinking?

I noticed that too, as always they had one job

Crap, does this mean they're gonna be able to read your .doc files, like Google Drive?

Attached: 1507721409202.jpg (582x581, 135K)

Why does Microsoft always do this? The go through these huge "redesign" phases where they pretend they're going to finally make Windows look nice, and not only do they halfass their standards they only ever change 33% of the UI and it becomes even more of an inconsistent mess. There are STILL Windows 3.1 icons in Windows 10 for Christ's sake. What is their malfunction?

They're not bad, but they look like they're made out of paper.

Remember when icons were simple, minimal, and not bloated?

Attached: MetroUIAnimations.jpg (650x380, 33K)

I dont mind the 3Dish look and shadows, that is a welcomed change but please add some contrast.

on the flat design I can quickly identify, Color Big Letter, White Graphic as strong elements.

on new design its just small letter, some color blob over the same color with the shadow being the only delimiter.

this shit is fucking ugly

No one cares enough
They also tend to tweak the UI just enough where normal people won't notice the inconsistency below the surface and the people that do notice are most likely enough of a power user that they would not care (as I don't desu)

They spend years writing and then hyping up these design languages (Aero, Metro, Modern, Fluent) that always turn out looking generic and outdated by the time they're finished, and once Microsoft actually makes some progress implementing them they realize no one actually cares for it and moves on to their next non-starter. Just pick one and stick with it.

Diversity Quotas.

Two issues at play here:
1) There is no more physical relativity to modern software and its actual counterpart. People don't actually deal with paper, presentation slides, and spreadsheets in the traditional sense anymore.
2) Designers and management types copy each other wholesale. Expect your UIs and major design designs to follow the trend and/or flavor of the week.

Attached: 1420177771641.gif (500x334, 982K)