Geany: The Best editor of ALL TIME

I tried everything, Vim, Emacs, Sublime Text, VSCode, Atom, qtcreator..

When I discovered "Geany", my life changed completely, this editor starts in 0.4 ms under X60 with FreeBSD, I code now 40% faster than before, I multiplied my ability to think, just a little practice and I could soon redo an OS in my name to earn money.

Geany is a lightweight GUI text editor using Scintilla and GTK+, including basic IDE features. It is designed to have short load times, with limited dependency on separate packages or external libraries on Linux.
Isn't that fucking PERFECT? NOT A FUCKING PRIOPRIETARY SOFTWARE LIKE SUBLIME TEXT

made in C, not electron web shit with a load time of 8945 ms

INSTALL IT NOW YOU IDIOT

Attached: 039_desktop_geany_big.png (1680x1050, 439K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/LukeSmithxyz/voidrice/blob/master/.scripts/statusbar/weather
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Installing it right now, simply due to the fact that you're using FreeBSD and not because Geany really is the best editor around. FreeBSD is best BSD. OpenBSD trannies are not welcome in this bread.

Attached: 1556263324580.jpg (720x779, 73K)

perfect

relax, it's just a text editor...

OK OK
I'M INSTALLING

What are you sourcing your weather information from for your bar? I use the NOAA data updated to a text file via cron and cut it for my i3block. I tried using wego but the source I used for api data was literally 10 degrees off for temperatures.

why the fuck would you need a weather display at all times if you never leave your basement?

JUST a TEXT EDITOR?
It's fucking Geany you retard, try it one day.
You will see a big improvement on your programming capabilities, it changed my life too.

gnu nano is more lightweight

Why should I care about how long it takes to load the fucking editor? VSC loads in 2 seconds.

How do I get that color scheme ?
>It's not installed by default.

I'm using it for a few years now. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to professionals, but goddamn as a hobby programmer I love it.

It's not my desktop I'm on Debian XFCE.
Do you really want to use a crappy software to make your own softwares? Are you stupid enough to use chromium as your editor? Install Geany.

Attached: Geany_logo.svg.png (220x220, 33K)

geany is gay, if you're not gonna use superiour vscode use at least kate, vim, or emacs

Why should i install geany when gnu nano loads in about a hundredth of a second

nano is best for quick config edits, but when you're working on something for long sometimes a kate or even a gedit is worth it

Okay...

I don't even know why people are still using VScode, it's just a Notepad++ for normies

There's some kewl addons, like the live http server if you are making websights. Anything you edit shows up in your second pane if activated

In general, its plugin architecture seems really healthy and there's addons for like every task

What about SciTE?

Attached: f161e3ba33e15a18164fdf5a23dc2d0a.png (150x150, 52K)

how about this?
github.com/LukeSmithxyz/voidrice/blob/master/.scripts/statusbar/weather

>made in C
dropped

openweathermap is good and their free api is more than enough for private usage

Attached: 2019-05-02_23:10:38.png (594x16, 797)