How much would you charge someone to build a pc..( in Canadian bucks)

How much would you charge someone to build a pc..( in Canadian bucks)

Theyre buying all the parts. I'm just screwing it in and applying thermal Paste.

Attached: db423eb75af47a69bde7472907aa33c1.png (1278x719, 720K)

two cunnies

That's ridiculous would someone actually pay that much for literally an hour worth of labour? I'm doing this for a complete stranger.

About a six pack

You pay them

>that's ridiculous
no, that's not. I'm canadian and can confirm that 350 is correct answer.
t. building PCs for a living.

$100 both for your time and taking on a certain amount of risk and you'll definitely get a call at some point for extra help or something.

For free, because i enjoy playing with hardware, optimising, oc'ing, and building pc's

I called Canada computers. They charge 180 for install. Wire management. And os with drivers. I was thinking 150 or 140 if they haggle. 350 is what I'd pay for water cooling custom work but maybe I'm just a cheap schmuck

you should always explain beforehand that you are building it and giving it to them functional, and they can verify that, but you will not be providing any support after.

$100 + 10% of the total price of the parts if they are higher than $1000

I'm reading between the lines that this is an under-the-table thing and that OP is getting their feet wet. Charge a decent amount for the risk but that means you need to keep the line of communication(s) open with the customer so you can give them awesome service after the fact. My last instructor described the paradox like this, not an exact quote but the idea is the same:

>build a computer perfectly
>deliver to customer
>customer word of mouth:
"I had user build my computer"
"oh yeah? how much did he charge?"
"$100"
"that seems a little high..."
"really? did I get jipped?"

>build the computer but plug in the front audio or usb cable "loosely"
>deliver computer
>everything boots and checks out at first
>customer reports problem
>you drop everything and go right over and fix the problem super quick (not too obvious that you set it up)
>customer is pleased
>customer word of mouth:
"I had user build my computer"
"oh yeah? how much did he charge?"
"$100"
"that seems a little high..."
"no, man - his service was top notch. a small cable came unplugged in transit. unpredictable problem, sure but he dropped what he was doing and came right over to fix the problem. he's a great guy to deal with"
"nice"

Is it a bit underhanded? yeah, but I don't care. It's something to think about.

$10.96

I am getting my feet wet with this for the first time and would hope to turn it into something more. This is good advice I appreciate the input

yw. Customer support/service is the most important thing. Any loser can assemble a computer tower. It takes someone with charisma to really make a customer feel comfortable and build trust. As unfair as it may seem, the technically inclined people aren't the ones who succeed, it's the people who can maintain eye contact, give a firm handshake, and exude confidence in their (or their subordinates) work.

that's fair enough, but you still need to know where to draw the line. you're not offering a business service that pays for your time, and you WILL get more calls/requests in the future.

Post pics of your wet feet

You are correct.

wow I should move to Canada, I could undercut you guys so hard.
I would only charge $20