Am I literally one of the few people left in the world who prefer 8.1 over 7/10 ?

>peak aesthetics
>best start menu since XP
>Past its' support date so bloating isn't as much of an issue
>better administrative tools than 7, not as shit as 10

Attached: eightpointone.png (750x420, 23K)

I definitely like it more than 10. Not sure about 7 though.

7 and 10LTSB are better than that trash.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

>Yulia
I thought Jow Forums was mean't to pretend to be japanese girls not slav ones.

>128 of RAM
Can you, grand wizard of the Internet explain to me ¿Why do you need that much of RAM?

Bragging rights on Jow Forums.

Makes sense.

>>best start menu
No.
I mean I don't mind experimenting with the GUI, but they fucked up there. Full screen Start is not a good thing.
Not to mention that stupid Charms bar.

Otherwise, 8.1 is not bad. Certainly better than 10.

workstation for multiple simultaneous use

>Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro with Update
is this the most kino 8.1 version?

That's what I like about it, I can put all the shit I need there instead of desktop (so no minimizing). Win7 there was only so much you can pin until it starts to look messy.

Windows 8.1 stays in support until 2023.

Yulia is a masculine name.

I thought I was the only one on Jow Forums that uses 8.1.

I am Russian, I'd know better. I just wanna know why you called it that way.

It's a feminine name.

It's my name (:

Being a tranny is popular in the west for some reason, Boris. Just ignore it.

Why does someone decide to roleplay as a girl on mongolian knitting message board? Are the jews and glowniggers involved?

It's nice to see I am not the only one. I probably had one of the strangest upgrade patterns. 95>98>XP>8.1

I certainly like it more on my surface pro

It's just some dumb namefag attention whore

I went 95>2000>7>10. I feel like I missed out on some comfy XP era.

XP was great, I stopped using it in 2010/2011

Most of the time you spent looking at a similar to pic related.

Attached: xp.jpg (401x253, 39K)

>95>98>XP>8.1
3.11>95>98>Linux is the only good upgrade route.

8.1 is always going to be god-tier for touchscreens.

We live in a society that tells us to upgrade to 10, rise up Windows 8.1 gang!

I'm using 8.1 to play muh games and as I play them less and less these days I'll probably just move to GNU/Linux once 8.1 is deprecated.

8.1 would be alright if driver support wasn't artificially killed. AMD and Nvidia both dropped it for new cards and it's total BS.

Attached: 1548378569692.png (900x900, 487K)

8.1fresh with KB2919355 packs only and update disabled is 100 times better than fresh 7 and 10.

Based and Redpilled!

Attached: 1555400274827.png (600x800, 692K)

it was lightweight af, no support at the moment thou

I have an iso of 8.0, I would run 8.0 but I cant fucking find AMD drivers for it.

Attached: img7 (2).jpg (1920x1200, 1.18M)

I still don't understand this, did something happen with 8.1? Because my drivers seem to still work fine with nvidia.

kys slav attention whore

Why would you still continue to carry with what is essentially windows 7 without service patch 1.

Its also got small improvements that each add up with time. Such as an update to the desktop windows manager, native USB 3.0 support, etc..

Starting at the 2000 series Nvidia dropped 8.1 support. AMD dropped 8.1 around 2 years ago so anyone using their cards are stuck on drivers from 2017.

They don't do this anymore it's now telemetry and not optional

because i dont need any of that bloat...

I'm running a slimmed down version of windows 7 x64, im using 500mbs of ram and it runs blazing fast.

I'm sticking to my tiny windows 7 x64 installation till i fucking die, fuck 0, and fuck bill gates.

10 is a pile of shit, just like billy's monopoly.

Attached: img9 (2).jpg (1920x1200, 1.12M)

>im using 500mbs of ram and it runs blazing fast
you said as if windows 10 can't do that

Attached: w1064mini_03_05_2019_00_28_38.png (1152x864, 72K)

>I'm running a slimmed down version of windows 7 x64, im using 500mbs of ram and it runs blazing fast.
>you said as if windows 10 can't do that
how tho

>7 and 10LTSB are better than that trash.
It's faster than 7 while using the same resources, and it doesn't use as much disk caching as 10 LTSC, making it a godsend for older hardware with an HDD.

Plus DX12 is only coming to Win7, not a major deal considering it is yet to show improvements in applications but still; no love for 8.1.

Sauce bliz :O

Attached: 1556402353890.png (544x544, 533K)

There's still several, we just have no reason to complain.

>DX12 is only coming to Win7
When you say it like that it sounds like the full thing is coming, but it's not.

Just to clarify, what is coming is a barebones implementation on a per-game basis. Literally and strictly the lines of code they need to work, that's it. Warcraft 3 is the only single game that will get it, as far as we all know.

No. Up until recently I used 8.1 because I had less issues with it than 7 or 10. Now I can't because I did the mistake of buying an xbox one controller and that one only works over bluetooth on Windows 10. To be fair I ain't having that many issues either.

>I would run 8.0
why

I literally did the same exact upgrade path .

Yeah, it's sort of a demo so that people think there's some advantage to DX12 and finally do the switch.

LTSC?

That's a weird ass font.

>implying it isn't just shopped in

Only if you had shitty hardware, and/or an install in shitty condition

8.1 is the most based version of modern Windows. Faster and better looking than 7, but not as annoying as 10.

On ebay you can buy win10 key's for like 2 dollars. For that money this glorious OS can be yours too

The Windows 7 Drivers 'just work', I've installed Ryzen Chipset and AMD 2019 drivers without much problem on 8.1.

>better task manager than 7, providing more detailed information where it's needed
>aero always on, avoiding compatibility problems with older programmes. Only downside being no classic theme
>more responsive UI
>UI style better matches current software
>no window transparency, avoiding windows underneath decreasing visibility of the current window
>faster and more efficient at providing image and video thumbnails in explorer

Laughs in KDE

Tits or GTFO, Andrei.

8.1 master race. It has most of the nice things 10 has and few of the bad things.

8.1 is the last usable version of windows.
My upgrade path was 95>98>Me>XP>Vista>7>8.1>Gentoo.
I'm kidding on the last one, I haven't decided yet on what distro of GNU+systemd+Plasma I'll use, mostly because 8.1 is good enough and I'm very lazy, but I'll will definitely be dumping windows in the near future.

Windows 7 and 8.1 can still update to windows 10 for free btw. Download media creation tool from microsoft.com

I run 8.1 on my netbook because it runs very well and if anything is lighter than 7, while 10 is unusably slow.

Yes windows 10 has windows defender taking .5gb of ram. Has telemetry, updates and other scanning are taking disk usage sky high. So if you got slow hdd windows 10 will be a pain. 32Gb disk cant be updated to 1809 without usb/external.

4 firefox tabs simultaneously opened on (((modern websites))), gnome shell and maybe a music player if you're lucky

Is it just me or not: I feel that it wouldn't really be worth switching from 7 to 8.1 , but if you are already an 8.1 user it would be fine to stay there? I mean you end up in the same scenario in a few years and kind of better just to switch to linux sooner? Save the hassle?

Reminder that Windows 7 Drivers are still okay for Windows 8, since they have the same base version number (6) number.

How do you do that though?

Nah I have 8.1 on my daily driver as 2nd os, my primary is linux though.

No you're just autistic

how? I need to know so I can finally drop 7

Attached: 4d0.jpg (680x510, 56K)

unironically boots faster than 10 but aesthetics are shit. You can use openshell and winaero tweaker to fix it but then you can also do that to win7 so whatever.

windows itself shuts off/moves to the main drive certain processes if you have shit amounts of RAM like that fella, usually aiming to 50% of whatever ou have always free.

>Am I literally one of the few people left in the world who prefer 8.1 over 7/10 ?
Well yeah turns out there aren't many people that are clinically brain dead and still manage to shitpost here.

is 8.1 usable on an 8th gen intel machine though? says its not supported

I like windows 8.1, it has the stability of windows 10, I just get rid of any process that I don't like and avoid the lelemetry and cortana crap. Now, some other guy said that Nvidia and AMD dropped support for drivers, so that means I will probably go full linux.