Why don't all of the DE developers join forces and just work on Gnome...

why don't all of the DE developers join forces and just work on Gnome? Gnome is the best desktop environment GNU/Linux (or any OS for that matter) has to offer, so why waste time developing bullshit like KDE or XFeces?

Attached: gnome-desktop_1.png (1280x720, 475K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3685
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/233
igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gnome project is writing bug reports complaining if a program supports another toolkit or environment. Gnome is a shit and desktop environments are for fags.

Attached: C4773590-A285-4B83-B69D-35FE27469569.jpg (692x519, 25K)

Any OS you say? Have you ever usef MacOS? Gaynome is a shitty pajeet ripoff of Apple's enviroment

Because lxqt exists

0/10, would not bite again

Fuck you I like Plasma

>t. Windows 10 dual booting zoomer

>using a DE
use a real graphical environnement as in a WM. Also while you're at it install gentoo.

Thank god nobody's like you pos
I'm glad we have a choice in DE. How shitty would that be to only have one choice of DE in this Linux world

You got me. Win10+Antergos.

Attached: 1514344534604.png (678x757, 55K)

except it's better than fagOS

Attached: gnome-devs.png (1119x640, 134K)

STOP USING DESKTOP ENVIRONMENTS

YOU DON’T NEED THAT SHIT IT IS JUST BLOAT FOR WINTARD AND MACFAG REFUGEES AND WOMEN

Attached: 2E40DC4B-0D2C-404B-8E1E-C1FB560B8DAC.png (2048x1536, 578K)

Attached: 1514907641166.png (742x828, 141K)

Wtf I hate Gnome now

if you "actually" use gnome instead keep shitting on gnome removing shits this feature is not really priority and it's bad practical workflow for floating window and the bar/panel itself is not that useful rather than taking up space and only showing status notifier or applet or even taskbar when you have workspaces and alt-tabbing to switch between windows
you're all stuck in windows 2000 workflow when this is the future of desktop environment

The future is full screen apps on a 6” screen retard.

>libre phone is using Gnome
RIP in peace your "argument"

absolutely based and redpilled.
Also GNOME Devs use macOS in everyday life and even at Linux Conference!!!

KEK

Why does Gnome try so hard to look like phoneshit?

It's the DE of choice for most commercially supported distros, so in theory more resources should be thrown at it.

>if you "actually" use gnome instead keep shitting on gnome removing shits

Attached: 1553162718626.png (596x391, 131K)

>the future is literally a toddler tier big buttoned touch desktop
Just kill me famalam

>muh buttons I don't look lik seekroot haxorman anymore
If you had a monitor bigger than your brain(that is, 800x600 or higher) probably stuff on your screen wouldn't look that big

You would think wouldn't you...

Gnometoddlers BTFO

Tfw considering switching to plasma because Gnome runs at sub 30fps for some asinine reason.

This is bait but I'll bite.
Cause GTK+ is awful and the GNOME project's "users are stupid" mantra is cancer.
Also:
>Single threaded java-script engine to render your god damn desktop
not even once.

GNOME has a "WM" you fucking knowledge lacking, meme spouting retard.

He's not even joking and it's not new either. They've been trying to get unrelated software projects to remove features GNOME's removed for nearly a decade,
trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3685

>why don't all of the DE developers join forces and just work on Gnome?
I can tell you why I'm personally involved in Xfce4 development: I don't like GNOME and I find it to be a horrible mobile phone/tablet OS that has no business pretending to be a computer desktop OS. Put simply, I don't have a big 27" 4k screen to have one and only one application open in fullscreen. And I know other developers of both Xfce4 and MATE share this view: We personally don't like GNOME to the point where we are willing to spend time working on alternatives to it.

I guess it's also somewhat a matter of not being able to improve GNOME even if we wanted to do so. The policy appears to be "we won't accept this patch because it adds a feature and having that feature may confuse our users who will now be faced a choice and choices are confusing".

Except that KDE is best for higher end computers and XFCE is better for lower end ones. Gnome is just shit.

There is nothing wrong with this. GNOME developers know better than you what's best for you. NOTABUG CLOSED.

Being a GNOME dev must be fun
They get paid money no matter what they make, their "product" is not sold directly and becomes part of most distros even when they are doing a really shitty job, they don't have to make any effort of listening to what their users actually want.

My love for Gnome died with Gnome 3. I'm a KDE boy now.

Gnome is older than Aqua.

Back then it was an system 7 ripoff

>it's a rip-off of this
>no wait it's actually a rip-off of that
Whatever.

You were the one who came up with aqua

Read What do you think macOS means in this context where it's compared to a DE? Its TTY?

>why don't all of the DE developers join forces and just work on Gnome?
Because the Gnome devs are notoriously stubborn design-nazis and are hard to work with. They drive away anyone with differing opinions on what the DE should be like instead of coming to a compromise. Quite a bit like Poettering.

no its not

Wtf are you even talking about, retard? Also macos had no tty back then.

Attached: 654b895af75e40fa91bb27896e5816c3.jpg (1024x768, 223K)

Because no one wants to work with the GNOME developers, they're toxic people.

>Wtf are you even talking about, retard?
How am I the retard when you're the one not getting it?
You said Gnome was a rip-off of macOS. Obviously saying a DE is a rip-off of an OS is stupid enough in its own, but I was generous enough and assumed you meant Aqua, not macOS. But this made you upset and you said "you're the one who brought up Aqua". So you really did want to compare a DE to an OS, which is stupid.

>macos had no tty
Really? MacOS did not have a shell at all? Think about the question for a few seconds before answering.

DEs are for queers
That being said, lxqt sucks the least amount of cocks (despite the fact that qt libs are bloat)

>Really? MacOS did not have a shell at all?
No, only since OS X. Feel free to look this up, I didn't believe it myself at first.

It's still open.
They're still twiddling their thumbs on it.
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/233

The gnome retard
>why don't all of the DE developers join forces and just work on Gnome? Gnome is the best desktop environment GNU/Linux (or any OS for that matter) has to offer, so why waste time developing bullshit like KDE or XFeces?

The KDE gentleman
>why don't all of the DE developers join forces and just work on KDE? KDE is the best desktop environment GNU/Linux (or any OS for that matter) has to offer, so why waste time developing bullshit like Gnome or XFeces?

The XFCE connoisseur
>why don't all of the DE developers join forces and just work on XFCE? XFCE is the best desktop environment GNU/Linux (or any OS for that matter) has to offer, so why waste time developing bullshit like KDE or Gnome?

>newkids don't know about old world rom and the macintosh toolbox.
Kek.
I'll whet your appetite a little - once upon a time, a reletively large portion of the Macintosh System was actually stored in Mask ROM as the Macintosh Toolbox.

Die nigger you dont belong in this world.

Interesting? Can i have the sauce on that?

There was some activity.
One of the developers wrote a blog post which basically said that file pickers should have even less features than they have now.

It's already in the thread gnomefag.

Who said i'm a gnomefag?

Attached: pentiumMmachine.png (1024x768, 293K)

Well you clearly don't have a search function in your browser, so I just assumed since you hate features, you were a gnomefag.

>void linux
>i3
>anime wallpaper
consider the stoppage of exchanging gas between you and the nature

igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/gnome-et-al-rotting-in-threes/

He stopped working on Gnome in 2015, fortunately for us.

If i add any more features my laptop will start lagging because it is old.
My main pc's gpu is dying so i sent it back for repairs since it is still under warranty i use unity on that one.

I'm sure it didn't have a graphical application that would open a tty, but are you saying there was no way to drop into a shell in old timey OSX? Like what you get when you press Ctrl+Alt+F in any linux distro.

Every DE on Linux is either a copy of Windows or macOS UX. Install something that is unique to Linux instead, like a WM.

>I don't know what XFCE is or does, sorry
Unironically BASED! Mousefags eternally BTFO

gnome is unironically unique from windows and mac. It leans towards mac but the menu bar is is no where near close and the DE works in complete different ways.

because i3wm is better

it's pretty much macos with windows 8 start menu

>Gnome removed this feature so all applications should remove it
Gnome development is asinine. It looks pretty but is slow, lacking utility, and the users and developers are a plague to free as in freedom.

Attached: 1517132028840.png (620x640, 260K)

gnome is unique by virtue of its developers and designers having their heads up their asses and being tonedeaf to any other workflow or community criticism, and then they wonder why people are mean to them onilne

holy shit
normies already chimp out over Microsoft changing the UI, now imagine them dealing with foot retards actually removing things every fucking month

Attached: 1490607730372.jpg (228x221, 25K)

>xfrces
>being developed

Kek

Why? It's defective by design, no amount on manpower is going to fix that.

Sometimes I unironically think about going MacOS, I can't take this bullshit anymore. Aqua is at least consistent.

>broken tablet UI
>better than anything
lmao

KDE or burst. Gnome is the cancer that has been plaguing GNU and I would never support that piece of shit.

MATE has already taken everything that was ever good about GNOME.
GNOME's existence now is redundant and a pitiful shadow of what it used to be, wish it'd just die.

Absolutely based

I want to like KDE but it feels too much like Windows XP/Vista. Maybe one of these days I can customize it to be the perfect hybrid of Gnome, KDE, and WM.

>I want to like KDE but it feels too much like Windows XP/Vista
What's exactly the issue? Do you want something that doesn't look like Windows just for the sake of being contrarian? KDE is fine, it has some issues here and there, but the design philosophy is none of them.

It's just the application menu when you hit the windows key. When I have time to spare I'll write my own.

>Use KDE
>Everything works pretty well, can set it up how I want, I like it
>Use MATE
>Use XFCE
>Use Cinnamon
>Use dwm
>Everything works pretty well, can set it up how I want, I like it (but it clearly autistic)
>Use GNOME
>Everything works pretty well, can set it up how I want, I like it, been using it for 2 years now
It's not even like I have a dead simple setup either. I'm not sure why this retarded tribalism has to persist over something as asinine as a DE.

Attached: 1531265709578.png (400x400, 45K)

I tried, they BTFO me, I ended up searching for bugs in KDE. 3 bugs already fixed.
Fuck GNOME, fucking gimp toolkit

>I'll write my own
No need to, you can use Xfdashboard

>I'm not sure why this retarded tribalism has to persist over something as asinine as a DE.
Because people are bored and it's easier to shitpost about software than to discuss other technology related topics.