Why do you hate him?

why do you hate him?

Is it because he is successful?

Is it because he is rich and making a living out of duping incels into wasting time on ricing stuff like he wasted his life on idiotic useless bloat studies that dont even matter in the real world?

Is it because he fucked a fat asian chick that one time?

Admit it. You are an incel, and you hate him out of jealousy.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 5K)

To be honest, it's just because he has the exact same face as one of those fucking >that kid s from when I was growing up.

Nice reddit spacing

>rich
>uses $20 thinkpads
lol no. he would be rocking a bunch of 2019 macbook pros

Brainlet, 14 year-old "deep" opinions that everyone, except Walmart shoppers, already know about.
Also, he's a dumb deist (ie. nondenominational retard)

He probably suffered some childhood trauma too on account of his scattered and unstructured thought process.

I wouldnt want to know him personally, but his vids are nice to watch

idk about his personnality but his mutt wizard and tutorials are great, even convinced me to change a few things about my setup.

avout his character and views i don't care about philosophy or poolitics but as a person he genuinely seems like a good person

reminder that he has a script that alerts him anytime someone posts his name on Jow Forums

lukesmith , luke smith , smith luke , lukesmith.xyz

Literally they only tech teacher type channel that isn't complete dogshit

>mutt
>good
Use a mail client like emacs mail instead of mail user agent like mutt.
Mutt is overengineered and complex despite not being capable of reading most messages or connecting to any but the most straightforward accounts.
Enjoy setting up msmtp, offline-imap mutt and gpg for every single account.

I like Luke I think he's a nice guy and he's one of the few youtubers who uses memes without being z cringefest. That being said there's a lot of topics he doesn't know shit about like, say, programming, yet he will tell you how this language is so bloated and how programmers nowadays don't care about resources when he literally never compiled a single program in his entire life. That's the same shit with faggots saying that windows is a botnet. Not knowing shit about something and just invoking the "MUH BOTNET" because you actually don't understand shit about group policy or windows sysadmin is just painful to witness.

that's why i said his mutt **wizard** that he made is good user
it literally sets up everything you just mentioned automatically.

>why do you hate him
I don't.
>Is it because he is successful?
He is?
>Is it because he is rich and making a living out of duping incels into wasting time on ricing stuff like he wasted his life on idiotic useless bloat studies that dont even matter in the real world?
Is he rich tho? He seems pretty middle class.
>Is it because he fucked a fat asian chick that one time?
I like fat asian chicks, would fap to it if he filmed.
>Admit it. You are an incel, and you hate him out of jealousy.
I honestly don't, he is at least creative with his tutorials (tho I don't have much use for them).

luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith luke smith

>Mutt is overengineered
>Use a text editor for emails instead

Who mentioned using text editors for email in that post?

Why don't you? How much kicks do you really get from watching some boomer stuggle with his repressed homosexuality??

>Admit it. You are an incel, and you hate him out of jealousy.
Why would anybody be jealous of him? He doesn't have a wife or gf so I don't get why an "incel" would be jealous. He wasted a huge portion of his youth studying an irrelevant field. He now makes a living off making yt videos teaching idiots how to use the command line and grading papers. Of all people to be jealous of, why him?

Really? Source?

>why do you hate him?
Because he's a fucking hypocritic faggot. He talks shit about how academics are all haughty autistic losers, and then acts like an academic all day. He talks shit about using cell phones while using a cell phone on a selfie stick to make autistic woodslarping videos. He talks shit about the modern world while advising that you donate to his patreon to keep him afloat. He talks a big game about how he's an epic master of Unix while also being too incompetent to run a web server with forum software (but don't worry, the forum will come back soon guys, just donate to my patreon and you'll get access to it!) Also he doesn't use visudo and edits /etc/sudoers directly, while advising that other people do the same.

Honestly I think his (Linux) videos are generally pretty good. I liked that video of him refurbishing his desk too, though I think more videos like that are going to be locked behind his patreon paywall. But behind the videos is a fairly reprehensible person, and that's why I don't like him.

Attached: 1516727759287.jpg (475x476, 48K)

>why do you hate him?
I don't. He's a bit boring though as he's not really creative. I guess I don't understand what people get out of watching him.

Is there a list of creative Jow Forums youtubers somewhere?

stop making threads of yourself everyday, Luke!

Attached: 1556127559035.png (1000x1000, 168K)

Luke Smith is an intelligent person and I respect him. I respect his ideology and share the same preference of computers (posting on a thinkpad)
I think that he is wasting his time with arch, personally. I think the fact that he set up his own website instead of having a r*ddit page or something.
absence of poverty does not mean absence of taste.
>windows isn't botnet
OK retard

>limit 9 accounts
It doesn't change the fact that mut is *not* a mail client.
It's a a mail user agent, similar to mailx. All it does is broker commands between disperate programs like sendmail (mstmp for example), or read an online imap directory or a local mbox mirror if it fails to connect. Plus, with no password manager, your stuck using gpg, or pass, or some other cli password manager that may not be your primary means of storing passwords.

I don't use mutt because its not an email client. Emacs is.

Attached: main-qimg-5a28a9e588bee0ee890f3881aa569ca4.jpg (602x602, 66K)

I'm sorry dude but only newfags and /v/ tourists think windows is a botnet. If you knew about sysadmin on windows NT system you would know that you can control absolutely everything that communicates with the outside world. Do you really think the army would use windows 7 if it was filled with spying software? But I don't even know why I'm trying to explain that to you since you're probably just going to reply "1 rupee has been deposited to your account microshill XDDDD". Omg this board is so fucking garbage, the only good threads are /dpg/ and maybe /hsg/.

Literally fucking who?

Army software is filled with spying software, except the spying is done for the army itself.

he says "ummm" a lot

this.

i just stick to his tech videos, his world views are fucked up

>tfw you hate academics but you're an academic yourself

Attached: 1536093104388.jpg (522x582, 68K)

i watched one video of his where he asserted that computers have become slower in the last fifteen years
i.e. he's a retard

Why can you not hate the current state your profession is in?

>comes with spyware you can't turn off
>not botnet
thanks pajeet

Luke pls go

Yeah that's what I'm saying, you don't know shit about Windows administration and you're just posting (shit tier) memes like "lmao pajeet enjoy your botnet xD glow in the dark terry A Davis is SO Epic!"

He said it in one of his livestreams (no, I don't remember which one), but since then he has said that he put Jow Forums on a blocklist. So he probably doesn't have that script anymore either.

emails are written with a text editor, and received emails are just read-only text files. so why would I not use a text editor?

Did he explain his reasoning for having such a script?

holy shit you fucking idiot it TELLS YOU ABOUT THE TELEMETRY WHEN YOU INSTALL THE FUCKING OPERATING SYSTEM YOU SPERG.
Pretty obvious your first language is indian if you cant understand that ranjeet.

how fucking stupid do you have to be to miss massive white on blue text saying "HELP US BY SENDING USAGE DATA"

That's only for babby version of Windows, you need to use the professional versions like a white man.

I've seen this face getting posted on Jow Forums a couple of times, but I honestly don't know who it is or what he is famous for.

Yes, I am a boomer.

>being so cucked you have to hunt down the LTSC ISO and spend $200/use KMS to end up with something that's still worse than linux
lmao

LTSC licenses are 10$ on ebay. It's not "worse" than linux you can't just compare the two there's no point they both have totally different uses.

>windows has uses
256GB RAM used idle isnt a use kek

EBIC EBIC LOOOOG SMIFFF MEEM MAN DISTRO NOT REAL BUT ARGGS BEST ONE, UNI BAD BUT IM AT ONE, TECHNOLOGY BAD BUT SUB TO MY TECHNOLOGY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE. EBIC MEEEEEM I3WM WHAT ARE YOU SOME KINDA EN PEE SEEE WHO USES A MOUSE LOLOLOL BTFO DAB DAB DAB

lukesmith.xyz
if you're a boomer than you'll love this guy. The man is just a boomer that does good videos about using linux to use technology less.

boomers are in their sixties he's some gen-x wannabe

I like his videos and he seems to be a pretty decent dude with some A-OK opinions in my book.
>.t hasn't interacted with the populous in 3 years+
leave the online bubble and realize how little people actually know or care to know.

All he does is retarded gay intro videos. As soon as a topic goes beyond the basics he fucks off into an entirely new toy where he rehashes the same intro tutorials

I don't hate him. He just cracks me up being almost 30 and still in the pseudominimalist software phase.

Fucking this. Mutt is one of the best examples of fake minimalism: a large, overcomplicated piece of software and yet a lot less features than many other email clients. It just _looks_ minimal because it runs in a terminal, but it actually isn't.
I'd use claws-mail or emacs for email any day over mutt.