Reminder to all wagecuck developers that you're an expendable employee performing an easy job that millions of other...

Reminder to all wagecuck developers that you're an expendable employee performing an easy job that millions of other people can do just as well or better than you and you will be quickly replaced as soon as your employer finds someone younger who is willing to do the same job for less. Also, you took on $100K in student loan debt so you could work in Silicon Valley, which is a literal shithole with ridiculously high rent. Also, the stress of your job will cause you to look like a middle-aged person by the time you hit 30. Have a nice life.
t. NEET who dropped out of school and now lives off your tax dollars

Attached: schooling.png (460x460, 136K)

elon had a dad that literally owns african diamond mines

elon went to some ivy league or other some shit, basically the equavalent of harvard stop spreading flase info you stupid fucking nigger retard

He dropped out you dumb kike

Attached: 1537844131082.jpg (288x288, 29K)

Nice larp. Post a picture of your welfare check.

>I didn't go to harvard
>I only went to UPENN and Stanford :^)

Can a spaniard/mexican bro translate what Elon said for me? What terms would be used in spanish instead of schooling and education?

Attached: 1536373499513.jpg (1148x917, 155K)

Aprendizaje (Learning) Educación (Education lmao) Formación (Formation) Recibir Instrucción Académica (Receive academic instruction)

If it's so easy and well paid, why can't we find literally any people to hire?

Attached: 1553919112643.png (552x688, 358K)

Nobody wants to work with trannies.

Because he was rich, had connections, and found another way to make lots of money. If he wasn't already rich, it's pretty unlikely he would've dropped out to start a company.

DO NOT GO INTO DEBT FOR EDUCATION.

Study on your own for a couple years, do some projects and build a portfolio and then lie about having a degree. If you are going to fake CS degree, actually do some of the studying you would have done at school, but it's probably just as good to claim some random degree just to show that you are credentialed. Credentialism is evil and you have a duty to fight it. Some key points:

1. Study on your own for a couple years and build up a portfolio of projects if you are trying to become a developer.

2. Pick a public college from another state, or from somewhere far away from the job you are applying for.

3. If they ever ask for any proof of your education you simply tell them you will get it to them and then later you withdraw your application and say you took an offer elsewhere.

4. It's illegal for schools to release information about students, so they can't get that information themselves. In reality, almost no one even bothers asking and almost no one ever checks.

5. Don't aim too high. You're not going to get a job at Google or Microsoft so don't bother starting that high. Find something reasonable

Good luck friends. None of you deserve to languish in poverty, but our fucked society makes you participating in a ponzi scheme in order to survive. You have the right to revolt from this abuse and destroy the system from within

>You can't succeed without an ivy league degree.
>That's nonsense, all the people that work for me have an ivy league degree!
What did Elon mean by this?

Based and illegalistpilled. Everyone should do this.

I always hear about this amazing educational facilities like Harvard but I never hear of people who graduated from there, why is that?

How fucking based can you be

I dropped out of uni to start my own business.

Am I going to make it? My bank account says no

Almost all american universities are run and funded by rich whites.

What kind of business? Also most likely: not gonna make it. However, second businesses (i.e. previous business owners who failed but try again) are more likely to succeed.

I think people should normalize the idea that College is not for everyone.
The retard in OP's picture is just a normie that has been brainwashed into thinking "College==Money later in life".

People who are amazingly successfull don't necessarily get a degree.
Bill Gates, Zucc and GabeN all dropped out of fucking Harvard.

On the other hand, top tier schools like Harvard are the perfect place to be for young people looking to fullfill the lifestyle of a full-time student. This, just like finantial success, is not for everyone.
Also, this kind of student usually stays in college all their lifes. After graduating, they stay in college for a masters and then a phd and then, of course, they become professors.

Imagine a man that for example, saves some money and opens up a cool gym and makes enough money to buy and house and support a family. He doesn't give a fuck about having a degree.

Imagine a 18 year old kid that has always excelled at school and wants to study science for all his life. Now, this kid SHOULD go to college.

Still, everyone should try to stay away from the marxist brainwashing by colleges, though.

Attached: 1536373293308.jpg (1023x665, 450K)

You never heard of Barack Obama, Mark Zuckerberg, Henry Kissinger or John Kennedy?

you're not paying enough.
Offer me 450k+ and I'll work with you.

T-too late

That is illegal and wrong. you cannot do this

t. computer science student

>that pic
true but being an entrepreneur is way more harder than being a moderate wagecuck "professional". In modern times thought, if you want to be safer you should try learning a trade sideways.

I did this, minus the lying for college part. I dropped out as a senior when I learned all of the practical shit. Senior year in undergrad is all about theoretical bullshit, big O notation and other useless shit.

Now If you’re writing code that is specifically performance based, then stick it out for the degree. I work at a small dev shop writing back end java code. I make about 67k a year and I had 10k in debt. I’ve been completely debt free now for about 3 years and I just bought my first luxury car.

Overall, I wouldn’t have even bothered with college, because I learned more from Lynda videos and LinkedIn videos than I got from my 5 years in college. So essentially I wasted 10 on partying, which I’m okay with. I live in the Bible Belt where everything is super cheap.

t. mainly self taught developer.

>whites

based, I will try this shit

you guys are fucking useless, its simple:
>lie on resume
>ace interview
>learn the shit on the job
>use those learned skills to make an upgraded resume

if you cant do this you have fucking brain damage

stop purposefully trying to fucking crumble society, nigger. Everything already sucks, why are you going to make it worse. At least wait until I'm fucking done with my bunker.

Yeah man, it’s worth. Hit up kickass torrents for all the Lynda videos you need. They have pretty much everything. They don’t really have stuff on frameworks and test driven development, but you can find PDFs of those topics and learn them.

I’m currently learning node.js and html/css, because you can get paid like 80k where I’m at for those skills. Look up some SQL stuff as well.

Good luck, and god speed. Persistence is key.

this board is 18+

>Senior year in undergrad is all about theoretical bullshit, big O notation and other useless shit
what? what kind of shit CC you went to user

I hope age is not a problem, I am 30

basically what i did in WoW using an achievement faker addon

>It's illegal for schools to release information about students, so they can't get that information themselves. In reality, almost no one even bothers asking and almost no one ever checks
Unfortunately, it isn't hard to find out in a background check. They don't need to contact the college, colleges give general student info out freely.

Based successpilled. "Fake it till you make it" is the mantra of EVERY success story.

Realistically speaking, what's the worst that could happen if they find out you're lying about having a degree on your application?

you get fired and sued

i mean when you're applying to the job, not once you're in

In the US? Revoke your offer. Maybe blacklist you from the company forever. Doubt anything else would happen.

being hired is the logical conclusion of interviewing for a job though

>it's them, not us
This mentality is why. Try not being a retard if you want to build a quality team.

Based and fucking red pilled

You're my nigger

the nigga went to Stanford and would've gotten a PhD if he didn't drop out

It’s all good. I’m 28. I started studying last February. I put all of the sample code I did on GitHub, as well as some stuff in other languages. Age doesn’t really matter unless you work for a company with a youthful corporate culture. Bigger companies are like that, but I don’t think you’ll have any issues being 30. It takes about 3-6 months to become proficient enough for employment. For me anyway. Note that I had completely forgotten about programming for about 3 years prior.

It’s possible, trust me.

what he said is legit advice. use what you can to get ahead. do you think Elon gives a fuck about what advantages he had starting out compared to us now?

I went to an extremely cheap local college. 2000 per semester. So the quality of the education was trash, which is why I dropped out. I did learn some stuff though so I can’t knock them too bad.

I frequently see my old college buddies working at QT, Costco, chick fil a, and other low level jobs. I laugh when I see them.

>what did Elon mean by this?
He was just lowkey bragging about how he became successful because he had tons of disposable income from a young age, so he didn't need a degree.

Fukken Elon, gotta love the guy. His family owned low skill low wage workers (aka legislated slaves) in their African mines lol. Some people are born in a golden crib, this motherfucker had a blood diamonds one.

>It’s possible, trust me.

yeah, I will do it anyway. My other options are becoming a janitor or working in a call center (there is nothing wrong with both of them but the pay is low and they are mostly dead end jobs).

isn't that what gates and zuccerberg did

25 chad here just about to finish a full stack bootcamp. Cant wait to make real money

>what he said is legit advice
for what? getting a job at mcdonalds?

try getting an engineering job by lying your ass off in the interview without any previous training or education and see where that takes you

If you're aiming for a company that does a legit "background check" like through an expensive agency that have a private investigator dig through your past then you are probably not following point #5. Don't aim too high.

You're going to want to aim for a smaller firm that doesn't do this sort of thing. They'll usually tell you they're going to do a background check because they have to ask for the contact info of your relatives; you bail at that point and say you took another offer.

When it is employed, this practice of background checks is usually to screen for criminals. It doesn't usually look for education.

Yes. The thing is that once you find a way to make lots of money, you don't need to get a degree and get a cushy job using your rich connections like the regular rich people do. But, you know, the way these rich people get funding for their startups is by using their rich connections and their rich parents.

>going into “Computer” “Science” unironically
Be a CE/EE chad or kys. The day of the rope will come for codemonkeys soon

Or you can be a canadian with rich parents, pay astronomically less for university than US citizens and get a TN work visa and work for jewgle.

Attached: afuckingleaf.jpg (517x650, 78K)

>Almost all american universities are run and funded by (((rich whites))).
Fixed your post for you.

Let me laugh at you. Obviously you don't just lie like crazy. You embellish like crazy. I'm a CS grad and my resume is filled with stuff that I have come across a couple of times but don't really know very much. Then I somehow stumble through the interviews faking a lot of knowledge and actually learn a lot of it on the job. And I'm considered very good at my job btw, I'm not incompetent or anything. But if I had told the complete truth in my resume, I would not have gotten hired.

most people embellish their cvs, companies expect this to a certain extent, but there's a huge difference in padding a resume and flat out lying or faking it like the other guy suggested

>Can a spaniard/mexican bro translate what Elon said for me? What terms would be used in spanish instead of schooling and education?

Negro. Schooling: Formación académica escolar. Education: Aprendizaje.

Elons started doing a phd in STANFORD before he dropped out to make paypal. This nig is basically a genius.

be me
move to Canada for way cheaper education
get cheaper loan-free education
bombs the tests with straight A
First, interview: why did user you graduated from a Canadian university
I had to support my passing grandmother
the interviewer goes on how America is so miserable bla bla bla
30k + benefits just out graduation

>30k is good

>being proud that capitalism is NOT a meritocracy
Wtf is his point even? Does he not realise the irony of bashing degrees when the people he’s hiring (I.e. the people creating the product and creating value for his company) ALL have degrees?

user it's my first year user

That's literally minimum wage in most places.

Scooling = go to a school but not necessarily to learn something.
Educate = to learn without necessarily go to a school

Ok let me give you an example from the real world. Friend worked at recruitment in an IT consultancy firm (Sopra Steria), active in France and UK mostly.
The hiring process included CV + cover letter, then if your CV wasn’t completely trash, a couple online tests, and if you passed those an invitation to an assessment, as well as a chat with the recruiter to talk over the details, prepare you a bit etc.

They also had a requirement of a 2:1 degree “grade”, that means the second highest classification (out of 4) in UK unis. This requirement was to weed out people that would *probably* not make it even to the assessment centre, let alone get hired, to save the company and recruitment team some time (and money).

There was a guy my friend (the recruiter) was assigned to. 2:1 degree from good uni (Russell group for those familiar), good CV, passed the online tests, got invited to assessment centre, *passed* the assessment centre.
As they were confirming his details and getting ready for the contract and a final short inconsequential interview with a hiring manager (which was just procedure, you’d have to save something incredibly stupid or offensive in that “interview” to lose the job), turns out he lied about his degree grade and actually had a 2:2. Remember, the degree grade requirement was only to weed people out so they don’t waste assessment centre time, and he *passed* the assessment centre. Still, his offer was revoked. Company policy, degree requirement is this, you don’t have it, you’re out. Doesn’t matter why the requirement is there and the logic behind it. Nobody cares. It’s policy, you don’t get the job.
That’s how the corporate world works.

The superstar developer that is home schooled and rocks everyone’s world is for Hollywood (Good Will Hunting, etc.) And s.oy startups in San Fransisco.

my story:
>Become 'homeschooled' when 11 in the 6th grade.
>Try it for 1 month and family/me stop doing the homework
>next 4 years sit around the house and play Runescape
>Board of education comes to my house to check in with me and my family to make sure I'm following the rules
>We freak out, buy a fake HS diploma online and say I graduated already from an online school
>The diploma passes and they leave us alone.
>My guardian (grandma) would of probably went to jail and I would of been forced to go back to school until I could drop out @ 16

So yeah.. I'm an adult with 6-grade education.. seriously

>from KENTUCKY but living in a big city now.
>28 year old jr fullstack dev making $50k a year starting w/ healthcare, 401k and bringing home $3100 after taxes every month (I make $4,100 a month but taxes, health insurance rape me).
>Learned it all online

XD feels good

Attached: 600px-054Psyduck.png (600x600, 168K)

You can earn that much teaching English in East Asia and at least then you get the experience of living somewhere interesting for a year or two to go along with it.
I understand turning down big money if you enjoy what you do, but don't just say 30k+benefits as if that's impressive on its own

The greatest value in getting an Ivy League degree is so that people with Ivy League degrees will see you as hireable.

I'm not sure what point you're making because your story proves that he would have gotten away with it except he came clean and told the truth and lost the job offer?

And look, my advice isn't for developers only. It's for just about any job that requires a degree that really shouldn't. You might have to consider jobs in other subfields, or some other field entirely.

>implying I got a CS meme degree

The point of the story is fin you lie even a little bit about your qualifications, you’re fucked even if you ace the interview. Nobody cares about the actual reason the requirements are there (i.e. to select the best candidates for the interview) and that you jumped to the final goal successfully (passing the interview).
It’s just company policy, and nobody will give a fuck and they’ll follow it blindly. They won’t sidestep company policy and take a risk on a literal stranger.

I have many stories but this one was the most characteristic.
And also another one that a guy listed German language skills in a job that didn’t require it to begin with, and in the final inconsequential interview (after passing the assessment centre), the hiring manager happened to be German and was excited to see that the guy spoke proficient German in his CV, so he started talking to him in German. The guy could barely speak tourist German, really the very basics, and the whole thing was cringy and uncomfortable. He didn’t get the job, by the hiring manager’s decision.

Anyway, do you have any *successful* story from real life where lying worked?

dont lie bro you are a shitty person no matter the circumstances
only steps 1 and 5 are necessary really

Attached: 1505706272613.png (819x686, 1.1M)

>Anyway, do you have any *successful* story from real life where lying worked?

My own life. I literally did this. Also, think logically about what you're asking me to prove. The successful liars wouldn't be known--because they got away with it! By definition you only know about the liars that got caught.

I am passing on information that worked for me. I guess it's possible that I am the only person to ever do this successfully, and it'll never work again, but I think that's unlikely. I think it happens way more than most people realize.

>DO NOT GO INTO DEBT FOR EDUCATION.
This. If you're smart enough to benefit from going to college, you'll get a scholarship.

>67k a year
>luxury car

Attached: 1543946921094.jpg (819x579, 69K)

I feel sad for all you bootcamp tier coders in this thread. Right now, being a code monkey is overvalued due to market dynamics, kinda like how oil rig workers were a few years ago. In truth, you have no skills that a code monkey from India or China could not pick up too, since your jobs are laughably simple.

I predict that the next tech recession will cause a great wave of unemployment among code monkeys, and tech workers in the West will once again be computer systems experts with real degrees from real universities like Berkeley or Stanford, possessing a real understanding of how computers work, and they'll mostly work on developing tools and libraries, while all the code monkey stuff like frontend dev will be outsourced to India.

I’m the same guy from earlier.

I worked at a call center 2 years ago for one month. It was fucking terrible. Having to be tech support for retards, take payments, answer questions, etc was okay. It was the fucking management that was insufferable. Who wants to work from 12 to 9? Why did I fail my assessment for not using the overly verbose language?

I was ultimately let go for calling a provider a bitch, but I’m glad it happened. It spurred me to make a better life for myself. Fuck healthcare companies and their ultimately inane, useless metrics.

>too intelligent for min. wagr jobs
>too stupid for collage

>Who wants to work from 12 to 9?
Better than 9 to 9.

You do have a point. I’ve worked 12 hour shifts as a factory worker, but I didn’t mind it nearly as much as the 12-9 shift at the call center.

>t. loser
Trying to make yourself feel better about your shit life.

Yeah, imagine earning a wage. Glad I make a salary.

>JEWS
FIXED IT FOR YOU

>30k

I got 90k straight out of uni with medical, dental, 401k matching, 3 weeks vacation, holidays, zero overtime.

>tfw going to school just to learn study habits and get free counseling and dropping out as soon as I can effectively study on my own while having no debt.

Just gotta move forward and stop hating myself for the past desu.

HIRE PAJEETS, THREATEN THEM ABOUT ABORTING THEIR H1Bs if they don't work for longer hours with efficiency. Save a ton of money in a few years. Fire them, send them back to pajeetland and then hire a good team.

>Reminder to all wagecuck developers that you're an expendable employee performing an easy job that millions of other people can do just as well or better than you and you will be quickly replaced as soon as your employer finds someone younger who is willing to do the same job for less.

They won't, I'm among the most elite programmers on the planet.

>Also, you took on $100K in student loan debt so you could work in Silicon Valley, which is a literal shithole with ridiculously high rent.

False, I don't work in Silicon Valley. And I make huge money. Way more than 100k/yr. Bump that first digit up a bit.

>Also, the stress of your job will cause you to look like a middle-aged person by the time you hit 30. Have a nice life.

Everyone thinks I'm 21 but I'm 31 and extremely fit. My face is hot. Girls want me. You're ugly. Lmfao.

>t. NEET who dropped out of school and now lives off your tax dollars

Every large system has it's cruft.

>Save a ton of money in a few years
More like you'll save money in the short term and then crash because your shitty code isn't working and no one can untangle the mess to figure out why so you spend a fuckton of money getting someone else to rebuild a new solution because the legacy system is fucked beyond hope.

Thats what I meant by threatening them. Monitor them closely for a month, fuck their H1Bs over even if they write shitty code. Or hire some godtier programmer for monitoring and maintaining good code. Pajeets will do anything for you then as they got no other choice.

I heard sales jobs are comfy and profitable IF you are good at sales. Sadly, that's as difficult as being an entrepreneur.

>t. NEET who dropped out of school and now lives off your tax dollars
Imagine bragging on the technology board about how you're basically going to live off of minimum wage for the rest of your life.
Last time I checked you can't purchase PC parts online using food stamps.