Switch from iOS to Android because of all the promised improvements

>Switch from iOS to Android because of all the promised improvements
>It's actually quite meh
>Ask Android people about how to improve things and why they lied to me
>They all tell me it's my fault and it's completely different on their machines
Did I fall for a meme? I have maybe 5 apps installed yet my battery is shite

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4[1].png (1070x601, 507K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=7821#show
zdnet.com/article/iphone-x-gets-speed-throttling-months-after-apple-said-it-probably-doesnt-need-it/?&cf=1
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/development/lineageos-15-android-8-0-0-herolte-t3710107
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now you completed your Apple fanboy training.

Not even kidding.

I've owned Windows Phone and Android longer than I had an iPhone.

what phone did you purchase?

Nice vague bullshit. And no, your iPhones don't have good battery life.

Attached: 1542376460532.png (645x7680, 466K)

Galaxy S7
I never claimed they did but the battery drain on my phone is just disgusting. When I'm at home and use wifi it can last for days but when I move around a bit and god forbid use GPS it'll be dead within 2 hours.

Just look at this shit

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-195504_Settings.jpg (1080x1920, 298K)

what phone? and open your battery usage graph

>Galaxy S7
>I never claimed they did but the battery drain on my phone is just disgusting. When I'm at home and use wifi it can last for days but when I move around a bit and god forbid use GPS it'll be dead within 2 hours.
Then why did you buy the S7? Look where it is on that list. It's not news that it has horrible battery life.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=7821#show
None of this is hard to check before buying either.

S7. And I don't even have uHD on, only 1080p to save more power. I have it for less than 1 month and already did a factory reset.
It's at 15%(!) despite I've only used 23% power using Chrome and Whatsapp.
That's 62% power draw from the system itself.

>Then why did you buy the S7?
It was €280 new and I don't want some shitty chinkphone or a >5.5" screen. My last phone was an iPhone SE which is rated much lower on the battery list yet would have much more battery left at the end of the day.

did you buy it new or used the batter might be bad in it how long did it take it to drain this much?

I bought an iPhone XS and am never going back to Android, it's ridiculously smooth and super polished whereas I was running into bugs and slowdowns in my Note 8 daily.

I have like 50 apps installed yet my battery lasts all day

It was new and sealed. Phone is definitely new, not a single scratch or dent.
And like I said I already did a factory reset after the first time when I started messing around with launcher and such. Now I run it on battery saving + few apps installed and it still runs out of power after 12 hours.

>buying a 3 year old phone new
Jesus Christ... And for that price... No wonder why you were an Apple user. Someone ripped you off good. For slightly more you could've bought the Poco F1 or the Mi 8 which both have second best Snapdragon SoCs, far more RAM, cameras and battery life.

>280 euros
Fucking hell user you could've just bought a refurbished s9+ for that money

>For slightly more you could've bought the LingYing 1, Ghennuzou Industries C3 or Shing Yang 5

Enjoy your slowdowns when Apple decides its time and random shutdowns otherwise.
zdnet.com/article/iphone-x-gets-speed-throttling-months-after-apple-said-it-probably-doesnt-need-it/?&cf=1

I-I thought I made the deal of the century
I didn't even know it was 3 years old. I remember it coming out like i twas last year.

>12 hours
is that under heavy usage or just sitting in your pocket? if its under heavy usage that's not bad also what apps in particular?

You've got problems with background processes.
Tbh, I don't know what that's like. I've never owned an Android phone that wasn't running a custom ROM before the first battery discharge.
This is where all the android gains are to be found. Otoh if you wanna pay for it to be at its best, better stick to fisher price.

Like I said it's 19% Google Chrome and 4% Whatsapp. I have NOTHING else installed. Yet it drained 85%(!) over the day.

>I'll just post bullshit random words
>That'll get me my money back
And genius, your iPhones are as Chinese as everything else. You already had a Chinese phone. Admit to yourself that you were wrong and ripped off, so it doesn't happen again.

I had the Note 8 for 4 months and had slowdowns in the first week. I've had my XS for 7 months with no slowdowns.
I will enjoy it, thank you.

Still not going to buy some shitty chinkphone with 'much ram' and 'many corez'

Okay buddy.

At this rate I would just put a custom rom on it. Touchwiz is fucking cancer anyway.

Your. i. Phone. Is. Chinese. As. Well.
You already bought it genius. And no, those aren't shitty, I didn't mention "much ram" and "many coarz" - you did. But keep up the bullshit, that'll surely make you not ripped off all of a sudden.

Yeah it has to be those. It's just so stupid since like I said I have almost nothing installed, have battery saving on by default and most things turned off.
I just couldn't believe that Samsung of all companies, the biggest manufacturer for Android phones, comes with such a horrible default OS.

you can only reply to this post if you're posting from safari

TouchWiz hasn't been a thing for years, Samsung Experience and OneUI are fine.

I didn't mention one ui specifically because it's not supported on s7. I have a s8 and one ui is great.

Friends. I've read that my S7 was recently updated to Android 8.0. Is that perhaps the problem?
My last Android was a Motorola Moto G and the upgrade from 4.4 to 5.0 was absolute trash

Have you done a factory reset? If that doesn't work then you can either go back to 7.0 or install a custom rom.

Already resetted it.

Battery saving is kinda gay imo. It just gimps the user experience.
Seeing as you got on the boat, may as well ride down the stream a little. Install Lineage and compare battery life.

Remember, Android was supposed to be the people's version of the iPhone. Using Android devices as iPhones (just ootb) is supporting a future where your only option is to enjoy background processes that use your resources for the profit of someone else.

OP is a literal retard lmaooo

Attached: mac-hipster-european-coffee-shop-man.jpg (400x300, 96K)

someone post it

I have an S7 user, good phone.
Pay a couple bucks for nova launcher and go the the ricing general, you can tighten up everything on stock.
If it's not a Verizon model you can totally swap the OS for something a little leaner.

root it
wipe samsung crap and botnet

>Samsung=Android
Every time. Congrats on buying the most bloated piece of shit available on the market despite being constantly warned about that for the last 8 years.

>If it's not a Verizon model you can totally swap the OS for something a little leaner.
I mean, sure, but that doesn't add mAh to your battery.

>OP buys garbage phone without doing any research
>OP proceeds to blame Android
>OP announces how retarded he is by creating a thread on Jow Forums
Every single time

next time don't buy samshit, problem solved.
you are literally shooting yourself in the foot and complaining about the pain right now

>hurr you shouldn't expect the largest Android manufacturer to make good products this is your fault for not buying a chinky chonky phone and rooting it LITERALLY retarded
This is why you people are virgins

hey I am a virgin but it has nothing to do with the reasons you just listed

If you want to blame android retards you must prove your Google(tm) Pixel(r) Phone, otherwise you have "wrong android"

Fucking this. Can we stop the Android == Samsung meme already?

yap you did

So carry an Ankler? It's really not a bad phone, though OP overpaid.

The S7 Costs 200.

Attached: 1549274861048.jpg (750x681, 69K)

Honestly yeah. I've had 3 Android phones now, Xperia z, oukitel k6000 and redmi note 4x. I also have an iPad, the difference is massive it just works so much better. I know you could say "but it's not a phone", but frankly there are so many more things to go wrong or be annoying with phones the difference probably gets even larger. When this phone dies it will without doubt be replaced by an iPhone.

This board is full of poor virgins who have way too much time on your hands, and then blame you for not being poor virgjn and wanting to spend your time more productively. I'm a PhD student at a great university and so many people are ichads despite being far better with tech than average. The reason being it really does just work. It's not even expensive for many of the products, look at random peoples phones and you'll notice the iPhones are generally much older cause they last longer, although don't get me wrong they're without doubt more expensive than chinkshit.

Attached: IMG_20190503_224548.jpg (3120x4160, 548K)

Back to your designated shitting street Dikshit.

Attached: 1543431307702.webm (360x640, 1.26M)

The thing is, this is just a meme. As you can see in the pic I'm clearly white and British.

Indians (in India at least) actually overwhelmingly use cheap Android phones, this is NOT a meme. There's also loads of studies showing iPhones are used by successful white collar people in first world countries, see pic related

Attached: 7ca622fba51317acc54f0460f891f44b.jpg (1846x2075, 364K)

This isn't 2014, mate. "Chinkphones" are genuinely competitive and compelling choices in the current high end smartphone market. And, as the other user said, your old iPhone, along with pretty much 95% of the smartphones on the market, are "Chinkphones" in some way, shape, or form. Having a more familiar brand name doesn't make them less Chinese.

lol the only thing android has over ios is the file system access which isn't really a big deal in the current year thanks to cloud storage and wireless transfer, unless you're really into doing autistic shit like torrenting on your phone.

>280€ for S7
>I-I thought I made the deal of the century
Thanks for the laughs, user

This is what my 250€ chinkphone gets

Attached: 1554733096313.png (2188x2244, 120K)

Hey OP! I made a new thread that might help you out.

200 what?

>have 5 battery-draining pieces of shit installed
>man this sucks, i'm moving to android
>install the same 5 battery-draining pieces of shit
>what the fuck, nothing changed!?

S7 is old, was it used? S7 never had a good battery. Don't use Chrome use Brave, it blocks ads and saves power.

Cellphones are for fags.

What a retard. Never buy non Chinese Android phones. Never, ever.

Install LineageOS, OP. Your battery life is going to improve immensely, even if you do install Gapps.
Consider using your phone without Gapps, though. Feels good to not have the botnet watch every single of your move.

You should have at least got an S8 which is running android 9.0 and the new OneUI

I'm about to make the jump to android with a S10e from an iPhone 6S next week.

Attached: bgr-galaxy-s10e-1.jpg (1500x1000, 950K)

Android isn't for the weak minded. It won't hold your hand like mommy apple would. It's a bad bitch you need to wrangle, conquer and mold to your will before it'll ever suck your dick. Gotta man up and put in the work, or just run back to iOS and suckle from the bitter man-teat if Tim apple.

This is the power of somebody who thought Apple was a good company.

Based ikea phone

You probably bought a shitty phone.

If you want a nice Android experience you will pay more than any iPhone.

>actually recommending samsung
This is a tech board you fucking cuck get out of here with that bipartison cuckery.

yikes

>Galaxy S7
Did you get rid of touch wiz and disable as much bloatware as possible? I'm using an S7 right now and it still gets about a full day out of the battery even though it's 3 years old.

that poster must be a jap

Improve Android is very complicated for a iTODDLER, I will have to explain it with apples like the kindergarten way.

cope

/thread

>What a retard. Never buy non Chinese Android phones. Never, ever.
Enjoy not buying any piece of technology ever in that case. I'm sure that'll work out for you.

Flash LineageOS without the Google Apps, retard. It will save much battery life.

Isn't banking unavailable on those roms?

I highly doubt the S7 supports Lineage

OP here I really didn't know S7 was supposed to be bad. I thought it was time proven and 'just werkz' tier, with all newer phones having shitty gimmicks and phablet screens with no real improvements

are you implying there are no chinese android phones?

Which one of these upcast phones should I get?
They are around my budget.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-04-08-45-16-1.png (720x507, 298K)

Sorry for writing Upcast,I meant upcoming

It does
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/development/lineageos-15-android-8-0-0-herolte-t3710107

this thread disgusts me. You are all acting like pajeets.
> custom rom
> shealth, touchwiz
buy an iphone like any self respecting human being.

Android memory management is fucking awful. I made the hideous mistake of (((upgrading))) from my iPhone SE to a Moto e5 plus. I figured the extra gigabyte of RAM, Aand more power CPU would do me good. Not the case, due to how fucking bloated Android is.

Tldr 2GB of RAM on an iPhones gets you a better user experience than an anroid phone with 3 GB.

that'd swamp german

I just nuked all of the bloatware garbage (which is possible in android), from there android has been perfect for me for years coming from a 5s. I guess if you spend all day trying to keep your jaw from dragging on the ground, android might be a tiny issue to understand, but it's functionally the same and allows more things than iOS.

Samsung flagships have good specs and features but are notorious for being locked down, particularly the US versions.

That won't work on the US models with the Qualcomm SOC. Those have a locked bootloader

OP is in Europe so it's likely he's got the Exynos version

>you are purchasing the wrong phone
coping this hard, niggers

I made sure I got the Exynos, yeah.

Magisk Hide solves this for most banking software.

Work on your reading comprehension.

"We're" not the ones who bought a 3 year old phone new and got ripped off - you did.

>Korean phone
KEK here's the problem. Just get a redmi you quad nigger. Got the 5 pro and the battery lasts 2 days of browsing and video. Get fucked apple nigger. When you invest in hardware you do your research.

>Never buy non Chinese Android phones
how about you read this again, he's saying to only buy chinese phones