HDR

>HDR

Is it a meme?

Attached: 1_o.jpg (750x422, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/hdr.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anything but HDR1000 isn't HDR. And even then it's not really all that great.

>t. has never watched an HDR 4k movie on an OLED

As a photographer, anything they call HDR isn't HDR and they should have named it something else instead of being intentionally confusing cunts.

>Anything but HDR1000

I have HDR 400 on my monitor. Why is it bad?

and everyone else doesn't care because it stands for exactly what you get.

High dynamic range.

Because it isn't as bright as it really should be for high quality HDR.

It's still better than an SDR display though, so really not anything to be upset about, just that there is higher quality HDR out there.

>HDR400
probably TN
He meant for computer monitors obviously. Vesa DisplayHDR is a scam

wait for micro led.
hdr right now is a hack job.

yes

Is HDR the same as high color garmut?
Does it only mean "can display colors richer than sRGB" or does it also mean "Can display more colors than sRGB" (Imagine something like RGB(212.3, 57.8, 9.3) or so).
I really don't know. It's just buzzwords over buzzwords and marketing hype and no technology being discussed.

>27" HDR1000 costs $1800
What the fuck

It is fucking garbage. I don't want to strain my eyes.

No, it's fantastic when viewed on a capable display (which means an OLED or a very select handful of LCDs with full-array local dimming). Sadly, 99% of displays which claim to be HDR "compatible" are a complete scam.

HDR isn't about a race for higher brightness, retard. Stop falling for Samshit marketing.

Thought it was about the range of brightness.

Would be great for VR

>Is it a meme?

Yes, same as raytracing

There is only 1 display certified for HDR1000.

HDR is a meme because as far as movies goes it's all post production
For games I guess it might be good but only if you have $3k tv that can actually benefit from it
Now you never want to use on a computer because the OS will just do a low quality SDR>HDR on everything that isn't hdr which is pretty much everything and you'll end up with a worse image

Yes, enjoy burning off your retinas and getting shittier black levels in exchange of muh shiny and bright

Yes. Nearly all worthwhile content was made in SDR and will only never be native HDR, and a SDR to HDR grading applied after the fact always looks like shit.

No, HDR it's about how bright you can get the display while disregarding black levels
Wide gamut it's what you're describing, some manufacturers also use HDR Color to describe wide gamuts
HDR usually implies at least 10 bits per channel according to the spec, to reduce banding, they used to call this deep color or something similar before it got rolled into the HDR spec

When I heard about hdr its always how x isn't bright enough to be hdr so I've determined its a meme. A stupid meaningless meme created to pilfer shekels from the goy's.

(now I'm going to read thread and see how many times brightness is mentioned)

>Record movie on sensor capable of getting 14 stops of dynamic range
>Monitors moving towards being able to cover 10+ stops of this instead of 8
>Lol it's all post in movies

HDR in displays isn't the same thing as the tonemapped crap you shit out in photomatix

Instead of asking a bunch of nolifes, read a professional article: tftcentral.co.uk/articles/hdr.htm

HDR1000 isn't HDR either. The HDR certification is done by the board that defines the particular HDR spec you're trying to get a certification for. VESA doesn't do any of that, it's completely fake

>professional article
it's a good resource but i'm sure i read some review there years ago when it was some website started by a bunch of guys from the overclockers UK forums