ITT: Obsolete technology everyone owns

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 542K)

> ITT: Obsolete technology everyone owns

If it's still widely used, it's not fucking obsolete, retard.

>what's popular is what's best
typical itoddler

Attached: 988541.jpg (1472x1179, 149K)

smartphone when computers exist, i will never understand

Okay go pull your laptop out of your pocket to quickly look something up without any bootup times, without sitting down, and all with only one hand.

how is a microwave obsolete?

with the advent of pressure cookers, air fryers, and electric fryers, nothing out side of a laboratory needs to be microwaved to be prepared and eaten in a timely fashion.

I cant make my pizza rolls in 1:30 in my deep fryer user, please try harder

that's why you make them in the air fryer

but I already have a microwave

A microwave is almost faster than all of those. And more convenient.

Why is it obsolete?

>stop using microwaves
>instead stuff your kitchen with half a dozen other gadgets that cost as much as a microwave each and can't actually reliably reheat foods, which is what microwaves are mostly used for
Also air fryers can suck my dick, I don't have weight problems and I can eat all the PROPERLY fried food I want.

>apps in every phone
>far more expansive scientific calculation programs on computers than even a graphing calculator can offer

Attached: calculator-1470.jpg (2400x1600, 644K)

air fryers are just oddly shaped convection ovens and will be obsolete far before microwaves because you can't fit as much food in them as you can a normal convection oven

The whole point of microwaves is to easily re-heat already cooked things. Nobody wants to set up a fucking fryer so they can eat leftover food

Attached: human brain.jpg (864x486, 65K)

Scientific calculators are easier and faster to use than Matlab/Mathematica for lots of small calculations. Graphing calculators are kind of pointless now though

Was exactly like you until I bought a flagship chink phone.
I also live in a literal anarchist shithole where mobile data carrier provide faster internet than fucking ISP.

Hungary?

No, gr.calc. only calc with purpose

Ur mum xDDD

This.

I use a steamer to reheat foods that don't need to be crispy. I use a toaster oven for reheating foods that need to be crispy.

Attached: Bin that phone.jpg (590x384, 123K)

>2019
>wired anything
maybe is right

Attached: 1506999486614.gif (370x256, 1.98M)

>steamer
>toaster oven
neither of which can reheat something in a couple minutes with zero cleanup

What if the foods are already crispy? The toaster will just dry them out and make them rock hard.

You're supposed to post a relevant image.

>air fryers
>electric fryers

lol eat my fucking dick asshole

>without any bootup times
if you have your device turned on like your phone or in sleep mode then that isn't an issue
>without sitting down
with all these thinshits available that isn't an issue either
>and all with only one hand
>wake up grandpa, now all phones are tablets

battery life

>5g bad, it gives you cancer
>bluetooth good, I love my airpods
They're probably different people but it amuses me to assume otherwise.

Attached: 1555891857139.png (400x800, 106K)

I don't own one. Microwaves are disgusting.

>a microwave
Obsolete yourself

Attached: whirlpool-wfg500m4hs-24-inch-freestanding-gas-range-with-sealed-burners-accusimmer-burner-broiler-dr (320x400, 48K)

I do not have it and I am happy. I am a simple neural network that only sees products and get exited for them.

Attached: 1556194395062.png (380x467, 18K)

Attached: BasedJohnDeere.jpg (1080x675, 97K)

none of the products in this thread are actually relevant to the "ITT: Obsolete technology everyone owns" label. I would say tv-sets or tv antennas to be something that most people have but is useless in 2019

Attached: 1541451180776.jpg (605x714, 71K)

Is it safe if you use your microwave daily for 10+ years? Where is it on the tinfoil scale? Cell phone? Wifi?

>want to do simple calculations quickly with less clutter
this is like saying bicycles are obsolete because motorbikes exist

>don't buy a microwave, instead buy these 5 other devices instead
mkay

Microwaves just denature your food and make them shitty

Didn't you hear about Facebook mum's complaining about AirPods giving people cancer?

my mane

i don't own one either. it does its one job poorly.

How do you convert microwave time to normal time?

Attached: 1540933873871gif.gif (245x118, 403K)

Yeah right. There are plenty of places where you can pick up 25+ interlaced HD channels.

I won't eat microwaved food, it just tastes weird and it gets way too hot, driving off volatile compounds which should be landing on my taste receptors.

My calculator has a serial port, you won't find that on your teenage girl focused phone.

>, air fryers
Who the fuck eats fried air? This has gotta be a Eurofag thing.

Why get one device to prep all your junk food when you could get five?

Pressure cookers have been around far longer than microwaves.
The key thing about microwaves is they are space saving devices which can be incorporated with other ones.You can get multizone convection microwaves for cheap now, and even steam + convection + microwave combos are pretty cheap, allowing for a host of uses.
Really what you need is a convection microwave, temperature controlled hotplate (also fucking cheap now), a pressure cooker and immersion blender. Given that pressure cooker + slow cooker + yogurt makers are cheap as fuck now you really can get a verstile kitchen in terms of abilities for jack fucking shit money.
Plus you can make mug cakes in the microwave in 30s or use the microwave to help make mozzarella in 15min from scratch.

Just lower the power and keep the oven clean, it's not that hard to get right.

ob·so·lete
/ˌäbsəˈlēt/
adjective
no longer produced or used; out of date.

>advent of pressure cookers

Attached: 1249530406432.jpg (490x301, 22K)

Is this the logic of Linux user?

Is this the suckless philosophy in action?

It's true though

What else do I use to heat up my pre-made lasagne that's frozen to the plastic container it came in?

Attached: 211aa104020-champion-pro-right-height-elongated-toilet.png (1280x1280, 1.01M)

Exams ban phones but not that.

I guess India is years ahead of us

Attached: television-185-inch-tv-with-12-volt-dvd-for-motorhome.jpg (800x800, 91K)

americans use microwave to heat their water
yes they’re that stupid

Not even close to obsolete if you play any amplified instruments.

>Microwaves just denature your food and make them shitty
"Denature your food"? What the fuck are you talking about? I bet this line of reasoning came from all the middle-aged mom experts on Facebook. All it does is heat up water molecules.

OKAY DELETE THAT POST THIS INSTANT

Attached: 1552552207361.png (281x355, 33K)

If you knew anything about microwaves you'd know heating water in one is not stupid at all.

>Watching "channels"
Interdasting.

Same here, just upgraded to a Note 9 and I'm planning on testing out the Samsung DeX desktop experience. Also, some of the renewed item sellers on Amazon are awesome, the one I bought from upgraded me to the 512gb model for free when they ran out of the 128gb model

that said, I'm not getting rid of my desktop rig any time soon, I still love PC gaming

Attached: iMac.jpg (650x650, 64K)

Steam it in the dishwasher, retard

I know this is a bait thread but I'm curious what more modern alternatives there could be

It isn't, OP is just a retard following ridiculous Apple trends.

People will get mad, but desktop computers. There's literally no point unless you're an enthusiast who does intensive work and/or plays games. For your average person, all of their computing needs are fulfilled by a phone & tablet.

Pretty much. Why used one basic tool capable of doing many jobs, when you can have many complicated tools each doing a single specific job because they're designed not to be useful for anything else. Apparently, having multiple useful ways to use a program is bloat, ironic that you end up making a more bloated system by using more of less versatile programs.

>by a phone & tablet.
What kind of white-collar profession can be done without at least a laptop? HR droning and BA bullshit aside.

just because we now have machine harvesters doesn't mean black people are obsolete

I'd say anything not related to programming. And even then, a bluetooth keyboard connected to a tablet would probably suffice.

With many basic features of even office software lacking in their mobile version I doubt it.

What about a Surface? Or like you said, a laptop? The fact is there's basically zero need for a large desktop in any office these days, and there's absolutely no need whatsoever in the home for 99.9% of people.

>What about a Surface? Or like you said, a laptop?
Well, you basically need them, but since you don't want to stare at such a small screen, modern offices rather go for small form factor computers, because they take even less space on a desk than a laptop. SSDs be praised.
>and there's absolutely no need whatsoever in the home for 99.9% of people
True, but home users haven't been relevant for the desktop market for a long time.

hurr durr look at me putting frozen meals in the dishwasher hurrrr where did the crayons go?

antenna + DVR is perfectly fine

Sounds comfy, where do you live?

Pretty much this. Air fryers are a fucking scam.

>cars
Seriously, this is the most dangerous activity both to individuals and to environment that you do on the regular basis.
but retards still insist on using them because oh no, i cant spend 15 minutes more by taking the train to work, how else would i still have enough time to discuss the latest sportsball game with the boys, am i right, also my penis is way above average

>waha you sure showed those stupad applefags xd

Am i supposed to cook that dish i left in the evening in the fridge, cold, like a beast?
If you want, do that in the oven and while it's heating go suck 5 dicks, because you got the time m8

Attached: 56644893_514543402407487_5540972630380642304_n.jpg (540x675, 48K)