Other urls found in this thread:

securityaffairs.co/wordpress/70904/breaking-news/apfs-flaws.html
youtube.com/watch?v=x9ikzGQW0ys
youtube.com/watch?v=kxopViU98Xo
weirdnet.nl/apple/rename.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it really that bad?

No.

>openGL version stuck permanently on 4.2 (8 years old)
>no native Vulkan support
>window tiling system is still inferior to Windows 7's (a decade old operating system by the way)
>no raytracing support
>no proper NTFS r/w support (no, mounting from FSTAB doesn't count)
>voice assistant (Siri) light years behind Google's
>web browser (Safari) lacks support for features that even fucking Firefox has
>no proper file conflict handler (it only prompts you to ask whether or not you want to replace older files with newer ones but doesn't let you pick which files you want to replace individually like Windows)
>default media player (Quicktime) lacks support for a ton of extensions that even Window's shitty default player supports

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1527420308976.gif (500x491, 376K)

That was funny

>>openGL
Abandonware
>>no native Vulkan support
Hopefully moltenvk will help
>>window tiling system is still inferior to Windows 7's (a decade old operating system by the way)
brew cask install spectacle and have way better tiling than any windows
>>no raytracing support
Does anyone care, support will come if it comes out of its meme status
>>no proper NTFS
Does windows support APFS?
>>voice assistant (Siri) light years behind Google's
You have keyboard and you need assistants?
>>web browser (Safari) lacks support for features that even fucking Firefox has
Just say muh webm, izi fix tho
>>no proper file conflict handler (it only prompts you to ask whether or not you want to replace older files with newer ones but doesn't let you pick which files you want to replace individually like Windows)
Terminal
>>default media player (Quicktime) lacks support for a ton of extensions that even Window's shitty default player supports
You can use it as a screen recorder tho ; ^ )

Shills have been deployed.
>terminal
Truly a polished experience, opening a terminal to do basic stuff that my linux distro can easily do.

It's Unix like, which is what I'm used to, so it inherently scores higher marks for me than Windows does. I do prefer a good Debian like distro, though.

Ye, terminal, use it more and discover joys of computing

Pretty sad how macOS is still the best modern operating system.

Attached: 1434260588753.jpg (1280x1244, 288K)

>Does windows support APFS?
Why would someone care about reading a file system that's only used on special snowflake OS?
"Hey user, can I use your computer really quick to plug my stuff? here, take it"
"Oh I'm sorry Stacy, my Macbook can't read NTFS"
"What the heck does that even mean? well, whatever, I guess I'll just ask Chad over there"

>the state of mactoddler delusion

It can read ntfs, out of box

it's like mozilla: by rational standards complete shit, but if you choose the competition you'll not only get complete shit, but complete shit with complete piss and vomit as well.

Attached: post-2363-0-16073500-1444925909.jpg (640x427, 58K)

if you arent opening a terminal to do everything you aren't a real linux chad

plan 9 was abandoned :(

Attached: plan9.gif (1024x768, 63K)

>use FSTAB
>drive doesn't have a LABEL
Oopsie poopsie Craig Federighi made a stinky poopie!
>inb4 FUSE or some other alternative
Lmao, imagine paying or setting up some shit that might not even work to read NTFS when windows and linux do it out of the box.

macOS is competing against server os (xorg and wayland are horrible) and legacy frankenstein windows os, there's really no competition

You literally don't need to use fstsb, it just works, all that stuff is needed for write support only, which noone should use outside of windows

>all that stuff is needed for write support only, which noone should use outside of windows
What's the point of READING a drive if you cannot WRITE you fucking tard? see

Attached: firefox.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Subjective

27", 5K, 2017 iMac user here. Yes, the UI and function of the operating system is an abomination. Pretty screen with nice, overpriced internals though (yes, I overpaid for nothing).

NEVER MIND, I TAKE THAT BACK. IT'S BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE, WHICH IS SAD!

>sorry Stacy, my Macbook >>>can't read NTFS

we get it, you fucked up your fstab

Attached: stab der wahrheit.jpg (209x241, 14K)

>lol applel sux huh huh

Here’s actual Apple abandonware, fagnuts.

Attached: 5AD68B04-C06C-493D-8EDD-BDC377226E5D.jpg (520x520, 37K)

This desu, especially after this week

poorly managed is different than not managed at all

From the start, Plan 9's destiny was to be abandoned. It was written on stone. Its creators didn't want it to be anything other than a research OS.

>trash filesystem
Ah yes, as opposed to what? HFS+? a.k.a the filesystem that got BTFO by none other than the creator of Linux himself, Torvalds? a filesystem that by the way isn't even readable by Windows or anything other than machines running OSX.
>inb4 APFS
Unsecure securityaffairs.co/wordpress/70904/breaking-news/apfs-flaws.html
Not compatible with older OSX versions and on top of that all, you can't even read it from Windows and (probably) Linux lmao

Attached: sc.png (815x787, 150K)

How many people still buy Macs though? iOS is where the people are so why should apple divert their resources?

It's a testament to pajeets running companies how modern Windows somehow managed to have worse compatibility with the Xbox One controller than LInux

>case sensitivity
Get the fuck outta here, retard. Donald Trump is the same guy as DONALD TRUMP or donald trump.

Dumb parrot with shits for brains.

Galaxy S9 from 750$ to 300$ in a year.
Galaxy S10 will have the same fate.
Most flagships lose a lot of value after first month, first year and 2 year. You can trade it in so samsung can swap the battery and sell it as refurb for double dib at people's pockets. If you could swap the battery it would cost less than 50$.

>The flaw affects only macOS 10.13 and 10.13.1, while later versions of macOS High Sierra have somehow reportedly addressed the issue.

>donald_trump.png (140kb - 12/03/2009) with hash X is the same as DONALD_TRUMP.png (3mb - 05/02/2019) with hash Y
Retard spotted.

In theory, they can never update the OS ever again and normies will still buy it after perpetuating their car analogy for so long. Apple is a fashion company, you buy a Macbook to seem hip unlike those icky incel nerds with their Thinkpads

>pic
although HFS+ really blows (it's a half-assed 90s era modification of an 80s era design that was made for single-user systems and has had various enhancements bolted onto it over the years to attempt to paper over its deficiencies), reading this just indicates that Torvalds is enamored with the retarded old Unix idea that filenames are arbitrary byte streams (and not specifically names), despite the myriad of issues this causes

still dunno why Apple pushed out APFS though, that shit's visibly just unfinished

>Does anyone care, support will come if it comes out of its meme status
>multibillion companies like pixar had to move to linux because Mac machines didn't cut it when it came to graphics
youtube.com/watch?v=x9ikzGQW0ys
>real time raytracing is already fully implemented on NVIDIA GPUs which aren't present on any new mac (and won't ever be since Apple dished NVIDIA years ago)
>does raytracing matter?
hmmmm

Attached: debianxfce.png (770x451, 258K)

>apploo filesystem

Attached: 1531133340319.webm (964x720, 1.42M)

Raytracing won't matter until at least amd has it

>steve poo's own movie studio is using system76 machines over his fruit toys
OH NO NO NO NO

In german there's this nice word called "Fachidiot".

That's what you are, a Fachidiot. With capital F.

But wait, it gets even better: Usually, on OS X, unmounting and remounting a volume shouldn't ask for the passphrase. In order to get asked, you must eject the volume before remounting it.

So all in all there's even one more additional bug, hidden to the normalfags eye, in that vid.

Attached: pick cotton.png (261x148, 39K)

>2017

I'd be surprised if they fixed what I wrote there. I bet I'm the first one calling them out for it. I just know that shit because their autistic bug report niggers told me about it when I clearly told them that the user should be asked for a passphrase when mounting a password protected volume. But apparently OS X makes a distinction between the origin of the volume (transparent to the user, aka. Apple is wrong and I'm right and everybody proved to be a know-it-all-retard again)

Besides: Pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=kxopViU98Xo

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 06.59.15.png (470x398, 62K)

>i-i-i-it's ok when applel takes 5 years to fix basic functionality!!11

Attached: 1534546316571.png (714x834, 393K)

weirdnet.nl/apple/rename.html

Attached: 1551812371352.gif (720x404, 1.49M)

They didn't take 5 years
That's another bug
Fuck you macos haters are retarded, go dig through some cves for windows and linux

The reason Apple takes so long to fix anything are the mouthbreathing retards defending them no matter how stupid decisions they make. It's a GOOD thing that merging two folders destroys data. It's GOOD that I can't choose to not have my laptop go to sleep when closing the lid. It's GOOD that my filesystem corrupts data more than any other. Other people must just be too poor and that's why they say these things are bad. Every decision that daddy Apple makes must be the right one.

Attached: 1460470717803.gif (320x180, 1.77M)

Let me illustrate a more relevant issue

>hey let me use laptop for a bit I need to- what where do I use my jump drive?
>oh dude I forgot my dongle at home

yo brainiac, double click the folder and drag its contents, there you go, you got what you need

get some new material, sperg. this shit is being posted since at least 2014

Mac vs Linux is kinda like the USA vs Europe. Europe is obsessed with the USA so they constantly think about it and criticize it. Because they are inferior. Americans know they're better so they don't give a single thought about Europe.

DELET

Attached: 1553729952025.gif (1200x1200, 2.7M)

>no proper NTFS r/w support
Good. NTFS is the worst FS in existence.

>they constantly think about it and criticize it. Because they are inferior
That's not how criticizing works, you can only do it if there's something wrong that can be mentioned. If it's done constantly then there's plenty of material.

Wrong.

Attached: 1555894307064.png (796x1045, 381K)

No, NTFS is the worst.

Came here to post this

>still quoting a decade old marketing phrase

Attached: 1548189809537.jpg (500x375, 25K)

OOF

>brew cask install spectacle
slate is better.

I came here to say you can just use ExFAT for drives/partitions compatible with both Windows and macOS.

cope

>NTFS is bad because a butthurt neckbeard says so
Must be true.

yeah.
they dont care about anything othwr than ios anymore

>Unsecure

NTFS has always been hated.

>

MacOS is only relevant because it's a dumb UNIX ssh terminal for """programmers"""
No one does actual work on it minus the Starbucks folks and college ""intellectuals"" that use it as a word processor and fashion accessory. The OS used to have a larger professional userbase but Apple keeps proving they can not create even semi decent hardware for years now so they have all left.

>Does windows support APFS?
Please try to remember which is the relevant OS in terms of marketshare though when making your consideration of who should be supporting who

Isn't Applel going to merge iOS with macOS when they roll out ARM laptop hardware? One platform for all hardware eventually

I don't understand how the userland is going to shift from x86 desktop to ARM for Apple? They don't have a lot of weight to throw around in desktop userland

>exFAT
Enjoy your data being corrupted. It WILL happen, eventually. And when it does you'll regret using that garbage.

Nice counter argument germ*ncuck.

elaborate pls. I am thinking about installing one of these. Also other nice macos software to have?

how will mactoddlers ever recover?

DELET

They stopped developing it like a decade ago and it shows. Any new technologies are just backported from iOS. They can't even replace bash with ksh or whatever and keep the core system up to date.

>Just say muh webm, izi fix tho
what easy fix

kek

yikes

>make offhand comment about a mildly annoying issue in some stupid filesystem
>it becomes news
being Linus must be a fucking nightmare

Attached: 1548533610612.jpg (512x422, 29K)

If we're talking about marketshare, can Windows read ext4/BtrFS yet?

If we're talking marketshare, Linux has less users than Vista.

baste and debirupilled

Attached: 800px-4chan_Logo.png (800x311, 35K)

>implying Stacy doesn't have a mac

but were not talking about server marketshare

no

yes

maybe

no

bbedit, onyx, bettertouchtool

I don't see any problem?

it's displaying the password instead of the hint... which is not only bad in itself, but it means it is stored in plaintext as well.

baste

file picker thumbnails

How do I get my computer to look like this?