Why do pc games get cracked so fast? why can nobody make a competent drm?

why do pc games get cracked so fast? why can nobody make a competent drm?

Attached: 71xGdvW9RFL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 26K)

I'd like to know how they do it as well, I'm assuming they'd have to buy it first obviously then do they go into the game files or something? What software do they use?

you can't read

It will be cracked regardless, why invest in something pointless when you could put that money into the game?

>why do pc games get cracked so fast?
Not sure, but they have no problem cracking DRM year after year. And God bless them too.
>why can nobody make a competent drm?
Some online only games have it in a way, but the less DRM in the world - the better.

They get cracked because of DRM. They should not pick how we get to play the games we bought. EPIC bad Steam too

Because most of the money gets made in the 5 days after release. If the game gets cracked at day one its more money lost than what drm costs

because its easy to short circuit a validator with a custom dll injection or hosts file phone home situation

>competent
>drm
choose one

No amount of drm pajeetware can outsmart a cyka blyat in a damp basement in Russia living solely on vodka.

>why can nobody make a competent drm?
Because working DRM is fundamentally impossible.

Because regardless of what the companies are telling us, piracy is the best marketing they have.

If they truly wanted, they could limit piracy to close to none. Could go the Diablo 3 way, where you always have to be online to play the game. But they know that it's not worth the effort.

DRM is a fundamentally impossible concept. All you can do is slow people down while they reverse engineer the convoluted bullshit you added to get the game running.

And the longer the delay the better due to

It'd cost an inordinate amount of Benjamins for something that will still eventually get cracked. The most efficient strategy is to make something good enough to keep it from getting cracked during the period where they make the most sales.

>If the game gets cracked at day one its more money lost than what drm costs
Do you have a source for that?

piracy is a lot less harmful to sales numbers than you'd expect
most pirates wouldn't consider buying the game if there's no torrent available

Back in the 80s, the game publishers would do things like integrate the game with some form of physical media, usually a book, meaning that it was easy to copy, but impossible to play.
When I say integrate I mean that that the game would present puzzles, and there would be missing pieces which were only contained in the accompanying physical media.

That only ever happened with a metal gear game and it wasn't in the 80s.

There was an NES game, startropics I think, that did the same thing. The clue was written in invisible ink and the game tells you to use lemon juice on the letter.

Why do gaming mice/keyboards look like cancer?

>make vicious DRM that's hard to crack
>crackers get through DRM and have smooth experience
>people that legitimately bought the game get fucked over with absolute dog shit performance
It still happens, like Ass Creed Origins(?) at launch, but I feel like there's a certain point where developers realise that they're just fucking their reputation over with the gaymurz if they put too strong a DRM.

Are you going off the "each download is a lost sale" nonsense or do you have specific information you're going off?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then, maybe, it is a duck afterall.