Why do people but music players when you can just use your phone?

Why do people but music players when you can just use your phone?

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2V7N674MWUOLS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't but your music player. You poop from there.

tactile controls

Attached: zune brown 30gb.jpg (400x300, 18K)

Most phones have terrible DAC's.

Dedicated devices will always be more comfortable and better to use than phones

My phone battery is shit

This. My ASUS ZenFone 3 (ZE552KL) doesn't deliver any audio above 15 KHz and below 60 Hz. Also, if I plug in my Sennheiser HD 650 into it, maximum volume is somewhat low and distorted. Pure garbage. On the other hand, with heavy EQing it is listenable when using factory in-ear headphones with no hearing fatigue for hours of listening.

Attached: celular-asus-zenfone-3-ze552kl-64gb-4g-55-D_NQ_NP_750525-MLB25699888750_062017-F-1.jpg (476x550, 28K)

I still use this, desu.

Attached: topic_ipod_classic.png (1600x1600, 509K)

I have a large music collection, and I kept running out of space on my phone. A dedicated music player was a good solution more me since it freed up a lot of space on my phone for photos and other phone things, and it also allowed me to store more music, at a higher quality, with better playback quality. As a bonus, it's also great for listening to music in the car as it doesn't have any of the distractions of a phone.

snapdragon 835 has AQSTIC, no DAP comes close.

kys dumb zoomer

Attached: 1554858800655.jpg (768x1024, 134K)

I wonder what iem he was using.

So serious question, what music player should i buy? I don't care about price, but it must be unbotnetted, and able to play lossless music, i'm willing to build one.

just install Sony Music .apk for all devices on XDA, no player comes even close.
If you have a Samsung, their app comes pretty close.

music player as in physical music player, i don't want to use a phone...

here bro

Attached: HTB1FQGvacfrK1RkSmLyq6xGApXab.jpg (790x1500, 123K)

Attached: 1540317577917.png (720x960, 685K)

Because I like to preserve battery life on my phone. My mp3 player can last easily twice as long as my phone.

Ibasso dx220 has best price/performance ration, imo.

oh i see

Thanks frens.
Looks cool, MTTouch 2.0 OS, i like the in-house OS idea, but how is it in practice?
Android 8.1 and MangoOS(which should be a Linux custom distro?) what's up with that? 64 GB storage? >.> is it expandable?

Ah fuck I'm going to fall for another meme aren't I? You find them on the usual chink shit scumbag sites?

is this gentleman right about the software? amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2V7N674MWUOLS

Is there a media player with simple software, possibly open source and good hardware?

Buy a used ipod for cheap, and install rockbox.

Opionions on modern Walkmans?

shit sux

awesome

>zune
It hurts how they murdered it so hard.

Attached: 1547516240243.jpg (531x800, 111K)

literally about to fart

that's just asus

I don't like my music being interrupted by notifications.

>left mine in my car on accident in 2010
>some nigger broke my window and stole it
>tfw

Attached: 1371434218548.png (665x663, 1017K)

No idea but a lot of daps run android.
Storage is expandable.

What the fuck
Is that a portable hotpocket liquid cooler?

My DAP works far better as a DAP than my phone does

Attached: 1556945401327.jpg (624x1200, 102K)

5/5.5th gen iPod, get an iFlash and install Rockbox on it.

Attached: LumPod.jpg (4592x3056, 2.63M)

Why do people buy watches when you can just use your phone?

Mine died in 2009. It was nice for playing torrented movies while driving tho.

Have cheap xiaomi and BT headphones I'm using have way better dac than the one built into phone.

I can hear all kind of artifacting when using 3.5mm jack and I don't care that much about sound quality past 128kbps mp3.

>why do people spend money on nice clothes instead of the cheap shit that I wear

>but
You phonetards are so pathetic.

using your phone to check time is like going back to a pocket watch, it's clumsy and not always appropriate
dedicated music players are an absolutely useless obsolete concept though

My DAP's 4x smaller and 5x lighter than my phone, it even fits in a watch pocket. Not to mention it drives my headphones better.

My music player does exactly what it's supposed to with efficiency and convenience.
My phone is the cumbersome piece of shit that I have to live with. There are no redeemable qualities about it. Why would I waste anymore time on it than I have to?

have you tried getting a non-shit phone?

Checked.

But hey, other than the sub-par audio, the phone is pretty great. I just keep internal memory usage as low as possible (below 25%) and the system is still quite snappy and agile. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I've given my mom an identical one and she likes it too. Been using it for around two years now.

I'm definetly gravitating towards an high performing audio phone for my next one. According to specialized reviews, LG G7 and LG G40 have state-of-the-art DAC performance and great system level EQ and other DSP filters. They can also effortlessly power high impedance headphones, like my Sennheiser HD 650.

I'm telling you. LG is the shit for hi-fi audio on Android phones.

Attached: lg-g7-audio-headphones-720x720.jpg (720x480, 97K)

I meant LG V40, not G40.
Also, "a high performing phone", not "an".

Sorry.

This
This
This
This

Also no one here fucking mentioned it but maybe at some JOBS in some WORKPLACES you can't be tethered to your god damn phone all the time, but you CAN have a dedicated music player.

>it drives my headphones better.

Attached: 1556960449461.jpg (1536x2048, 548K)

What?

yea i have a v20 its great bway better dac than most phnes

all phones are the same shit running the same shit software and look like the same shit

they didn't, nobody bought them because they were an inferior ipod with a ridiculous business model

this is the answer i've expected
good luck with your autism, user

It's true though.

People like you make me swoon and dreamy.

What?

I use my Macbook pro running audirvana to my DAC using ATH-R70xs

yes, user, phones are so shit they've already BTFOd music players and are now in process of finishing off dedicated digital cameras (-50% yoy sales)
i'm sure everyone is simply wrong and can't understand the joy of carrying all this obsolete shit with them because muh tactile, muh headphones, muh whatever else
like i said, good luck with your 'tism

t. autist

pffft, if you think that you're neither an audiophile or a photographer, you know there also people that wants quality

Attached: 1543376085861.gif (351x398, 113K)

good luck sustaining digital camera market on a bunch of pixel-counting spergs who want quality in their brick wall photography
look at the 100% dead DAP market as a practical example of whats going to happen, lol
don't sign your posts, kid

On average they will provide better audio, though these days there are portable DAC/AMP solutions that will virtually provide the same portable audio quality, so the advantage would be essentially that you can save battery on your phone.

But basically you would have to be a turbo autist to use one in 2019.

PMP sales are actually increasing though you nonce

yes i'm sure chinks off aliexpress have sold 5 more than last year
it doesn't matter that everyone else has pulled out of this market years ago

Camera market will never die cause:
1: is a big thing for the Japanese economy
2: journalists and photographer will never use phones
3: you don't get the kind of lens you have on a DLSR on a phone
4: you can put that much powerful sensors on a phone
5: no exchangeable batteries on phone anymore
I could go on but this is no /p/, it's not my problem to sustain the portable media player market, but as long as there a niche for it it won't disappear

it's a nice larp but consumer camera market is practically dead and buried and prosumer market is on a similar trajectory
>1: is a big thing for the Japanese economy
unless japanese ninja salarymen are going to start literally forcing people to buy shit they don't need i don't really see how this is relevant, user
also nobody cares about any of those other bullet-points on your list
much like DAPs the market won't disappear entirely, of course, so unless chinks start seling cameras off aliexpress your only option is going to be ridiculously expensive pro gear
good luck with your techno fetishism

Wrong, even standard cameras are mostly advancing due to software improvements, digital solutions to lenses can be constructed even with current understanding of image processing

just wait until the full power of machine learning is applied and you will see what happens with physical lenses

you never owned a decent camera with decent lens did you? machine learning is a meme to make you pay more for phones

a human eye is a good example of shit optics and light sensor apparatus luckily coupled with a really good analytics engine

i have a full drawer of assorted nikon gear, user, i can't remember when i last used it though

>when you can just use your phone
The modern trend of removing the TRS jack for one. The matter of audio quality is less important than you might expect.
People around here pay too much attention to the ICs used without regards to performance.

I use a Canon EOS 6D currently, and I have several lenses I use that are very expensive.

You can't just say something is a meme, current technology allows software to increase resolutions with image processing you never would have thought was possible just a decade ago, and that isn't even close to approaching our current understanding of what is possible. A decade from now you will have even more powerful solutions, so to claim that this will not eventually replace physical lenses EVER is kind of silly. The power of lenses is limited to physical dimensions, you can construct even better ones by going bigger. Just like current technology can replace smaller lenses, bigger lenses will be replaced by better technology. So realistically, the only advantage of physical lenses will be in sizes that you would not construct due to their physical dimensions.

Sony didn't, Cowon didn't
the fact is that 90% of modern phones are 6'' slabs with no audio jack and a shitty DAC
there is a gap in the market for a smaller, dedicated device
the huge brick-like PMPs are stupid though

Yep, that is a good way to look at it and it should be immediately obvious why digital solutions will surpass physical solutions in the future.

>why do people do things i wouldnt do? >Cant they just do what i do?
Maybe because they aint you? Have it ever crossed your mind?

Attached: 0046B82988914BFEBA04D83C439625CC.gif (500x685, 952K)

It's a shame they had to nerf that music sharing feature. That alone would have made it a hit in the pre-smartphone era.

>muh image processing
When you're taking professional photographs/videos you want it to as raw and untouched as possible, all editing should be done in the post-processing phase, i'll say again machine learning is a meme for normies, they see lots of cameras on the back and think uhh more is better right
I hope that this trend of removing the headphone jack will make popular players again, but eh i doubt it zoomers are brainwashed

i sold this beauty some years ago for about 160€. some months later apple stopped the production and price raises up to 800€. still crying about this.

what do you mean "tethered to a phone". If you can carry a music player with you you can carry a phone. You just made no sense at all

he is gay and he wants to have sex with you

>You poop from there.
Not right now you don't.

The only people who buy those are basedboy iToddlers who bought an iPhone without micro SD card support. I just load up my SD card with FLAC and I'm good to go.

Attached: 1539917882950.jpg (640x360, 57K)

You're right on music players but you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to cameras. No software garbage will ever be able to replicate a physical lens. And you can always also put that software on dedicated cameras which undoes any advantage it might give to a phone

Last I checked my phone had a microSD card slot, I still use my DAP. Nice try though.

I tried yeah. It's fundamental issues inherent to smartphones I'm dissatisfied with.

the very definition of portable player

my sansa clip lasted me years and i think it's still alive in some drawer. not sure about quality of current models.

>I don't care that much about sound quality past 128kbps mp3.
*triggered*

Still have my Zune HD, use it every day. Lost the earbuds on a plane though. Are Triple Driver earbuds worth it or are they just a meme?

I work at a government contractor and I can't take my phone into the development area, but can take a non-internet connected media player.

Zunes all have wifi and web browsers though. Would your bosses know that?

Irony. How does it work?

By loosening the bonds between the long-chain polymer molecules in the fibers of the material. While the molecules are hot, the fibers are straightened by the weight of the iron, and they hold their new shape as they cool.

Marry me.

Do you still use the official software? Im just trying to figure out how to get the artist pictures and bios back.

i don't want the phone spyware to know what music i listen to

Nobody cares you like trap music nigger, unless you listen to like hamas bomb making instructions audiobook nobody is interested in your listening preferences.
Ps: you've already given away way more information unwittingly than you imagine. Just look at the pop-up ads.

Attached: af1cd1b7ef607e16e286807d27904d0cebf3c06cdbbc62e2a851ec94dfb2b290.jpg (600x431, 71K)