The Vivaldi Experience

>Install Vivaldi
>Thing installs in AppData instead of Program Files
>Be welcomed by a clusterfuck of uninsteresting shit as the option to subscribe to their email newsletter, join their community, create a Vivaldi account for syncing
>Have the opportunity to choose between six ugly ass themes
>Have a Gnome3-tier sidebar that could had been a subtle hamburger button with a dropdown menu
>See preinstalled bloat websites in the home screen speed dial thingy such as Kayak, Booking dot com, the New York Times and Tech Crunch
>Look at the Search With Bing searchbox
>Take a look at the clusterfuck of buttons such as Capture Webpage, something that can be done with fucking PrintScrn
>Try really hard to appreciate the outdated UI, fail miserably
>Write this thread
>Close Vivaldi
>Uninstall
>Go back to Brave

Firefox niggas you are better off using some experimental CLI browser or something, nothing worthwhile in the Vivaldi realm.

Attached: 1200px-Vivaldi_web_browser_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> compile icecat
> run it first time (fuck load of bloat)
> learn to remove bloat and install ublock origin + violentmonkey Jow Forums x
> working great
> plays youtube videos no ads
> HARD CRASH CPU over 9000
> give it the benefit of the doubt
> Blows up in my face again after 30 minutes on youtube tube i3 status shows cpu in red 14.7 (its never reached that high before)
> reinstall chromium

Fuck you Jow Forums just fuck you and your dumb meme browsers, FUCK someone tell me a stable alternative to firecuck, I'm sick of shit software.

>>Thing installs in AppData instead of Program Files
Makes it less likely to infect your computer with a virus and it makes it easier to manage, more portable
>>Be welcomed by a clusterfuck of uninsteresting shit as the option to subscribe to their email newsletter, join their community, create a Vivaldi account for syncing
Just like literally every single other browser in existence
>>Have the opportunity to choose between six ugly ass themes
And also the opportunity to create your own, even giving you the option to use your desktop wallpaper this is very cool and unique to Vivaldi
>>Have a Gnome3-tier sidebar that could had been a subtle hamburger button with a dropdown menu
Optional, Vivaldi is the browser with the biggest toolbar customization i've used (not counting add-ons)
>>See preinstalled bloat websites in the home screen speed dial thingy such as Kayak, Booking dot com, the New York Times and Tech Crunch
Takes 5 seconds to delete them from your home screen, and nothing is "installed" don't deceive people
>>Look at the Search With Bing searchbox
You can use your search bar with any search engine you desire and even use multiple bars if you so desire
>>Take a look at the clusterfuck of buttons such as Capture Webpage, something that can be done with fucking PrintScrn
Optional, you cam hide it with a function button (i don't remember the default one but set it to F2)
>>Try really hard to appreciate the outdated UI, fail miserably
It's literally the best and most customizable UI in the history of internet browsers

Don't listen to this retard Vivaldi is the best

>based on Chromium

fuck off

Firefox is stable.
Don't be fooled by this one time fuckup.

>one time fuckup.
Lmao firefox shill do you really think you can fool anyone with this bullshit?

>tries all sorts of crappy browsers after massive firefox problem
>fuck I hate them all
>one day later firefox comes back
>reinstalls firefox
>is good
>thanks firefox

Attached: happy.jpg (196x250, 6K)

Stop opening over 9000 tabs at once then.

>Thing installs in AppData instead of Program Files
>Makes it less likely to infect your computer with a virus
Wrong. Suppose that there is small exploit in your browser. Now hacker can write files everywhere "user" account has rights (user folder, that is).
If browser installed in AppData, hacker can compromise browser executable.
If browser installed in Program Files, maximum hacker can is deleting your user folder. But your programs will be intact.

Attached: nowaythatsimpossible.png (1024x742, 46K)

Enjoy not having isolated containers

bloat

>uses a browser which uses JS (YES, FUCKING JAVASCRIPT) to generate its GUI
>calls Firefox bloat
kek.. the amount of tech illiterates on this board

>Install (Ungoogled) Chromium
>No retarded ads like Firecuck
>Most websites are already designed for it in mind as Chrome is the most popular browser by far
>It is free and open source
It's hard to believe that there's this many schizos.

Attached: 1557129057.png (451x619, 329K)

You can do a stand alone as well

I love having this as another browser in case I don't feel like logging into google, thanks for explaining this.

>download Brave
>turn off whatever that crypto currency thing is (who knows lmao)
>never try a different browser ever again

Oh boy another Brave shill

>brave

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>not using surf

nice b8

The selling point of containers is that users could maintain many separate identities on the internet. Majority of the users only have two identities - real and anonymous. This is already implemented in browsers as private/incognito mode. Firefox doesn't even have private tabs, only private windows.

Attached: blindey.gif (363x258, 2.89M)

Firefox uses js too, the whole dev tools are written using react.

>The selling point of containers is that users could maintain many separate identities on the internet. Majority of the users only have two identities - real and anonymous.
Imagine being this retarded. You don't understand how cookies and local storage work, do you?
>Firefox doesn't even have private tabs, only private windows.
You really are retarded, huh?

>go back to brave
kek get off my board you fucking piece of shit

containers are just useless security theatre and bloat: if you really wanted to isolate the browser, you would follow the qubes approach, or the OpenBSD recommendations for mitigating permissions and isolating chromium

>containers are just useless security theatre and bloat:
How are they useless? I can use several tabs with different protonmail/gmail/twitter/instagram/etc..(which I need for my work) accounts without having to open a fucking seperate window.

>be faggot
>what I currently use has no redeeming qualities to discuss, nothing worthwhile
>but want to shill against competition
>create a thread and whine

>>Go back to Brave
this shit is not funny anymore

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>Shinra tense

Vivaldi is about customization. If you just want the preinstalled experience to be what you're used to, go back to "Brave"

Seems like you are really enjoying spyware.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

and it works great once you have your addons set up. No need to do negromagic to install addons after that.

Nice try Brendan. I already switched to Dissenter.

>people unironically discussing spyware
lmao sasu/g/a nu/g/ zoomers

none of them has a higher spyware lever than firefox.