Searx is /comfy/. Start using your own search engine Jow Forums

Searx is /comfy/. Start using your own search engine Jow Forums.

Attached: searx_scrot.png (1366x768, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/asciimoo/searx/issues/1569
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay.

How do I configure it?

Is it possible for it to respect my privacy whilst including google searches?

Your privacy, yes, but if your browser has a unique fingerprint then you're still inside the Google bubble and will see what they think you want.

I use my crystal ball instead.

Attached: oerqxc8VZJntniCvgxyt5Q7Y548RGSIYmrWVmLl1TCo.jpg (1024x767, 107K)

you use preferences that are saved on cookies or a url if you use someone else's server or if you decide to use your own server you change the settings.yml file

Searx can easily be the most private search engine .
Of course hosting it on your machine is not anonymous but hosting it on a remote machine or better yet using a machine of someone you trust or using one of the hundreds of public servers is or just using the main public server searx.me.
It's open source unlike startpage or duckduckbotnet so the only thing you have to worry about is the trust of the person hosting, and this is the only service that gives you choices when it comes to this.

thanks fren ill do my searches there

I've do but holy fuck do they ever need to fix the google search. Its fucked how bad it is without google results.

Attached: searx.png (1962x258, 65K)

on my own server it runs fine but on big public ones it doesn't
so I just changed google into startpage, that way it's the same resukts but it works

I have Startpage activated on it but it never seems to give any results with it. Any ideas? I'm using the disroot server, however searx.me does the same.

DONT over user .me
bookmark the instance list
use which ever

i just tested and it seems to work fine for me on searx.me
The engines i used were duckduck , startpage and wikipedia in the test

I agree

Attached: 2019-05-06-051812_1314x693_scrot.png (1314x693, 168K)

how is qutebrowser, mate? I have used it in the past and loved it but idk. Does youtube work? Ram usage?

let me know when they have pre-purge duckduckgo levels of bang syntax

>SearX
>Comfy
You've never ever tried Candle even once in your entire miserable life, eh?

Over user?

I probably should honestly, but I don't like the idea of running a Python web app

I switched yesterday after the firefox shitshow since i used to use vimium there and it's pretty good. Granted i had to figure out how to use user scripts and css to replace my extensions and their host based adblock while effective is not as affective as uBlock but the vim feels are worth it for me.
As for youtube it works pretty good , never noticed any problem but then again i usually watch stuff either on invidious or just straight on mpv.
all in all , it's great if you want everything to be vim and are autistic like me

the bangs are the shit. You can even make your own , i have one for arch wiki and a few for websites that have documents for studying.

i have not. but i will user

Is there a file or some shit I can import to get most stuff working out of the gate?

>the bangs are the shit.

No they aren't.
Contextual history driven personalized results while logged into your Google account are the shit.

Bangs are pleb garbage tier shit for paranoid kiddy fiddlers.

Strange, I just tested searx.me and Startpage works. I guess something is wrong with the disroot instance. Startpage won't return any results on the disroot instance nor others I tried.

>i have not. but i will user
It's literally the ONLY actually worthwhile one.
100% doesn't leave any traces.
100% clean (no ads, no bloat, no shit).
100% can find exactly what you want to find.

sadly no , at least not to my knowledge.
I did have to set up everything mysel. Their documentation is great though. They have a faq page where they precise how to do most things you might want to do such as streaming on mpv or a NoScript like system

That's not your own search engine you cunt. It just connects into other search engines

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard in a month.

>still blocked by google captcha
Fuck off

I'd love to use searx, but google search doesn't work because of captcha, startpage searches don't always show up, image search doesn't work at all... Right now I'm just using startpage

How's Qwant?

French and government-funded. What do YOU think?

After using it for about a week, I consider it a meme. The search results were always horrible, and I couldn't find what I was looking for most of the time.
It's possible that I didn't configure it optimally, though.

Is YaCy alive?

Yeah i'll start using searx again when they fix google searches.

I literally posted a thing about this on github and they were like "well it works on this one instance and startpage also has google results do wontfix"

github.com/asciimoo/searx/issues/1569

How do I make a private instance on Wangblows 10? Hold my hand Jow Forums.

Searx.me was fine for me for a long while provided I didn't search for anything local but it started absolutely shitting the bed a few weeks ago. Using startpage now.

Self host it, to start off

google search is garbage
billions of dmca censorship requests, censoring innocent, non-pirate websites because of carelessness or maliciousness
completely borked image search algorithms in response to lawsuits,
an utterly shit "ai" image recognition algorithm that steers you to the most mague or meaningless results, like "girl" or "cartoon"
censorship of direct image links
and normal search results are fucked up gabage, because they ditched the original pagerank algorithms for "delicate" editorializing of results in order to manipulate users behavior.

why the fuck would you want to inflict google upon yourself?
duckduckgo, yahoo, bing, and yandex all offer better results.
google has gone from being leader of the pack to being at the absolute bottom.

Just use qwant lite

>google search is garbage
This is objectively wrong.

What about Gibiru?

your statement is just a negation, provide substantiating evidence for your claim.
what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trust me, I hate to shill for google, but theres a reason they're the most used. Google provides the most relevant searches. Any time I search using duckcuckgo or bing i end up on page 3 before I know it. Whenever I use google, the resource I need is on page 1 99% of the time.

How do I make privacytools.io's searx instance my default search engine on firefox?

>google is de best, dey got all da money
Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

It never ever finds what I'm looking for

Just use startpage