/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1556924678006.jpg (894x1096, 476K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/211249605
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Daily_programming_thread
pastebin.com/yv25Vs35
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

god I want to lick

impressive thread

Today I learned that vscodium > qtcreator

Attached: 1556186302995.jpg (354x577, 52K)

Pumping my dick to Remilia's feet.

how much bitcoin to get this semen demon to step on me?

I wish I was more productive and had robot level endurance.

Attached: feet1.jpg (1024x640, 107K)

Reminder that /dpt/ is a trans general. Transphobes have no business here!

Attached: 2000px-Transgender_Pride_flag.svg.png (2000x1200, 1K)

Shut up faggot

I hate trannies.

Do like Serge and take Ritalin so you can live stream yourself coding a cryptoexchange for 8 hours straight, user.

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 9K)

You're just jelly that the best programmers are boys who dress as ladies :3

>you will never be as good as the compiler
Why are people retarded?
Compilers are shit

You're not a girl and your crotch wound is not a vagina.

If you can't stand "trannies", then what are you doing in an industry chock full of them? One day you'll have to leave your NEET basement and find a job as a coder and your coworkers will be transgender, or even your boss will be. I hope you learn to deal respectfully with people who are different from you by then, otherwise you're up for a rude awakening, kid.
Also, transgender girls make for the best coders! ;)

There really is no reason to be rude to those with metal health issues

How do I even program in php? Like where? Is there an IDE?
How do I test something I write?
Is there some tools to help me like drag and drop elements instead of writing everything by hand?

Attached: 1554985606255.png (700x700, 350K)

I simply stated a fact.
Also, you're not cute either.

> warning: case label value exceeds maximum value for type
case KEY_RIGHT:
this literally wasn't an issue two minutes ago

Attached: 1453237309865.png (900x900, 364K)

@70842822
dumb frogposter

my friend told me that Java and JavaScript would look good on my resume; I already know a bit of Java and looked up the programming resources section in the installgentoo wiki but couldn't find anything on JavaScript

What are some good books or learning resources on JavaScript?

You'll need a webserver, you can set one up locally, then literally all you need to do is access the .php webpage

Is this better then?

Attached: 1500729051402.jpg (394x353, 41K)

should I install a package like xampp

i'm sick and tired of c# (love it endlessly though) python and web stack. i want to do some language that brings me billions of dollars, and where everyone looks me like a god. stackoverflow told me clojure. but now i'm starting to think i'm too lazy to learn it and doubting i'll actually find an employer :(

no

Never used it but I suppose you could, can also use npm iirc and shit like that
It's been literally years since I bothered touching webdev though

the book with rhino on the cover is the best js book. i'd recommend checking typescript after that it brings c# beauty in js world.

C# and python are not stricly webshit
That aside, C++ and Haskell are great for masochists and pseudo-intellectual respectively.

Sending love your way.

I wasn't rude to her for having Asperger's, I just showed her the flaw in her reasoning.

>her

>My reasoning
I stated a simple fact. I did not draw an conclusions from that fact in my post.
You have a serious victim complex.

I need to learn c++. Give me a project that will allow me to explore many of the main features of c++. I've programmed with other languages before (java and c#) so I'm not a total beginner.

>trannies calling other people mentally ill
lmao

Write a kernel.

>You have a serious victim complex.
And you have a serious delusion of grandeur if you think your opinions are facts.

Go more like Stop if you catch my drift

Attached: 23525325.jpg (921x207, 31K)

I did not state my opinion. I stated only fact.

MODS, Jow Forums IS LEAKING AGAIN!

Learn Smalltalk then.

You don't have to be Jow Forums to recognize that cutting your dick off and leaving the wound open is quite different from having a real vagina.

That is not true, and the fact that you think it is true shows that you don't know the first thing about reality.
So you don't deny that you came from Jow Forums, you're only saying there's a slim possibility one could come not from Jow Forums with the same opinions as you? Great defense, user!

>learning php in current year

Attached: 1553940895541.jpg (500x500, 85K)

Maybe, but Jow Forums has an axe to grind against /dpt/:
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/211249605

I'm not a tranny and I hate trannies too, but /dpt/ is and has always been a tranny-friendly thread that is known for feminine shit like programming socks and anime and no one asked for you to come and derail the thread with your shit.
Either just ignore the trannies and post code or fuck off back to Jow Forums to post threads complaining that you don't make as much money as coders do!

Attached: i-deliberatley-entered-a-thread-full-of-things-that-i-5787722.png (500x459, 23K)

>I'm not a tranny and I hate trannies too, but /dpt/ is and has always been a tranny-friendly thread that is known for feminine shit like programming socks and anime and no one asked for you to come and derail the thread with your shit.
You're not fooling anyone.

Newfag.
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Daily_programming_thread

Attached: 1541737922316.png (803x276, 30K)

Check out this beautiful syntax formatting from a chink instructional video

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1636x1092, 134K)

Still better than GNU Coding Standards.

That link mentions nothing about trannies.
Also, I was here way before trannies started showing themselves.

God, no dick trannies are so disgusting
trannies without dicks are like angels without wings

Attached: 1554586309812.gif (404x347, 1003K)

A package manager.

I've been working on it for a few days and it's quite functional already, but there are a few crucial things that need to be added (mainly querying package info).

I'm probably going to use it on my old router. Pretty fun to toy around with, since it allows me to access the Linux shell via telnet. It is lacking a few things and I'd love to connect it to the Internet somehow (it's a mobile router, mind you, so no LAN ports) but I'll probably get all of that resolved at some point.

what do they taste like? I need to know

>installgentoo.com
omg, the absolute state of retards

what's the most powerful and fun to learn programming language?

Attached: 1546000833779.jpg (600x848, 124K)

haskell!

man, C sucks. it doesn't even have standardised type inference.

C++ of course

Attached: 1538640234410.jpg (700x988, 614K)

>most powerful
>fun
Choose one

what the fuck is a package manager and why is everyone making them

why

Python is most fun, C++ is respectively most powerful.

I'm too tired to program, again

Attached: 1540935453362.png (743x720, 631K)

With great power come great responsibility of not shooting yourself in the foot in the most horrifying way possible so that to unfuck everything you'd spend days or weeks.

i'd rather bite my head off than have to code c++ again

but c++ is both of those

I love python, but I would argue that ruby is more "fun"
far more creative syntax and interesting things you can do

I have to learn C++ again, I'm stuck to what I knew before the C++11 days.

maybe you try sleeping reasonable hours

Attached: 1550558900130.jpg (519x480, 41K)

wtf don't attack me like that

but I do, but wageslaving and gym kills me

drink a coffee
slap your face
i know it sounds absurd but wash yourself.
And if none of that worked, go walk, it will wake you.

Smalltalk

We had an autistic kid at the place where I work. He transferred to another location and then sent out a sanctioned company-wide email coming out as mtf transgender. After 5 months he was fired for being disruptive and obnoxious to his co-workers, because they were being "toxic transphobes and sexists," which meant they were looking at him the wrong way and accidentally using the "wrong" pronouns. Thank God he got axed. Probably real life simulating that tranny basement meme right now.

I want to write a 3D game using functional programming (just to experiment).
I'm thinking of three options:
1. Writing C++ in a functional style
2. Writing the low level parts in C++ and the rest in Haskell
3. Writing it completely in Haskell

How feasible are those options? I want to shoot for moderate complexity graphics and game logic wise, so I fear that approach 3 wouldn't be performant enough which is why I'm currently favoring 1 or 2. I'd prefer Haskell, but I'm not sure how much of a pain in the ass extensive use of the FFI would be. Any thoughts?
I also thought of using a Lisp, but I like static typing and typed Lisps like typed Racket all have terrible performance as far as I know.

2 I guess

whats the point
nothing about that lends itself to functional anything

If you are forced to do this, just "hurr C++ functional durr" your way out.

>finally got my first real enterprise coding job
>just got home after my very first day at work
>basically they send you tickets, which are either very tiny features or changes asked by designers in another country or bugfixes sent by testers
>barely have any input or even grasp on how the entirety of the program functions
>mfw

Attached: 1550611941479.jpg (640x640, 27K)

that's normal, were you expecting to rebuild the system architecture the first day?

I forgot to mention the entire reason I made that post
We have to keep track of the current status in a flowchart like "I am reading the problem" "I am thinking on the problem" "I am discussing the problem with my coworkers" "I am writing code"
So menial and stupid.

you signed up to be a slave what do you expect

hint: keep discussing the problem column as short as possible

Cute slave girls

HOLY SHIT GUYS I MADE A CUSTOMIZABLE PENIS IS PYTHON
print('='*int(input())+'>')

>falling for the "functional" meme
don't

>literally no balls
Found the tranny.

Work for a smaller company.

Much better

print('8{}D'.format('='*int(input())))

F# and OpenGL.NET.
Bonus points: It runs on linux and windows.

If C is so good, why doesn't it have multi-threading?

Attached: 1556264232991.png (571x555, 233K)

This one's better golfed.
print('8%sD'%('='*int(input())))

pastebin.com/yv25Vs35

Any specific reason why?

Because sea is not good.

Is this the shortest possible C version?
main(i){scanf("%d",&i);printf("8");while(i--)printf("=");printf("D\n");}

Hey, /dpt/, what do you use to deliver personal notifications from your long-running programs or things like that?
I have some programs running on a server and I occasionally need it to notify me something. Obvious modern solution is to use a messenger (or email, but I don't want to get into that again). The problem is I don't use any messengers that are easy to get a bot for.

In the decreasing order of priority I use: WhatsApp (business-only API, can't use it), Discord (their app constantly logs me out, bad security, can't use it), Telegram (very rarely use it, good bot support, bad security), Signal (tried using it, need a phone number for a bot since their C and Java libraries are shit; such a shame).

I guess I'll have to find a place for another messaging service in my life. Any suggestions? I don't need a lot:
>secure and encrypted
>not too difficult to incorporate a client into my programs
>Android app with reliable notifications
>maybe a lightweight Linux desktop client?
Is XMPP (with Conversations app) my only option?

Attached: kisspng-push-technology-computer-icons-apple-push-notifica-alarm-5ab9ddd2c7a5e7.76618258152213038681 (1600x1600, 29K)

It's just to experiment. I want to try to push it as far as I can and see exactly where the points of failure are and also whether there actually are any parts to which functional programming lends itself to.
I don't think functional programming is the be-all and end-all, but I think it's hard to deny that there are some very useful ideas. Also, if you're doing something like a lot of data transformations, it can be pretty fun.
Care to explain why you think that would be a better choice? Last I checked F# seemed inferior in regards to functional programming and also kinda dead or at least severely neglected. I guess there would be easy interfacing with C#, but I intend to minimize library use.