github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Evaluating mpv's upscaling algorithms:
artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html

Attached: MPVPlayer.png (586x314, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vayan/external-video
mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6688
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

comfy thread

I thought this little anime grill from the last thread was this program's logo

Attached: Saber - Fate Grand Order.png (512x512, 236K)

It should be :)

We need homu homu back, too.

Where is haasnterpolation?

Is the Android version discontinued?
It's good for what it is but I'd like to see active development though

How do we have so many generals for something as simple as a media player? mpvs great and I use it daily but what is there to really talk about?

>fate trash
no

>but what is there to really talk about

A W10 shill is hijacking the media general with an unofficial frontend, that's why. He create a lot of threads and make people upset.

b-but... haasn is a traitor...

Interpolation is fascinating technology.

Upscaling autism

pretty sure it still works
constant obsession over the latest meme configs to watch chinese cartoons

We're discussing waifus, wanna join?

hello friendos pls give me screenshot settings to slap into my conf tyyy uwu >~

vo=caca

Spoonfeed me the best anime 4k upscaling config for a rx580

vo=null

ty works perfect

FSRCNNX

So how do I set things up so a click on a youtube link will open mpv?
Running linux.

glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"

is this all I need in my conf?

>up so a click on a youtube link will open mpv
I doubt there's a way to do that in the browser and I don't believe you want that anyway. There are extensions that allow you to open the link in mpv via context menu. You can open the link in your clipboard with mpv "$(xsel -b)" or just drag the link into mpv. If you want a single click solution, use a youtube browser like youtube-viewer.

Use madVR. NGU Sharp + remove compression artifacts. mpv can't compete yet.

>remove compression artifacts
more like add compression artifacts lol

Stay jelly.

FSCRNNX is better.

would there be any visual improvement or something if i streamed youtube videos to mpv rather than in the browser with html5 or whatever?

yes, depending on your settings

what settings would be optimal for youtube?

Yeah. You get to chose from many different scalers, interpolation, possible hardware decoding. It can be faster, look better or both. You're also using a program dedicated to playing video, compared to a browser that has difficulties with its main job already.

begin with profile=gpu-hq as it says in the op
the debanding should be easily visible, because youtube's encoders seem to have lots of banding issues for some reason

neat. 1080p stutters and especially 1080p60fps. i have 100mbit cable internet 1mbit up using firefox browser. what settings would i use to optimize for youtube streaming in order to play 1080p60fps at 2x speed with no stuttering?

what gpu do you have?

x220 laptop i5 something ivy bridge i think

What hardware and OS? Like the other fellow recommended, just go with profile=gpu-hq. If you have issues with performance you can then tweak to overwrite the profile itself, or use a hardware decoder or different contexts/api for potential improvements in performance

arch on x220 i5 ivy bridge igpu with 16gb ram on ssd

me
using external monitor via display port 1080p 240hz but only runs 144hz, if any of that matters

I recommend the defaults to start with than, just leave the config empty to test. You can add stuff as needed like a scaler and deband if you find it fast.

ok thanks

remove these compression artifacts then I'll jelly.

Is there any chance we will ever see mpv have the ability to update its .conf files in real time

profile=gpu-hq
deband=no

you can use the repl script to change stuff on the fly

>using gpu-hq but taking out the most visibly beneficial (esp. on youtube) feature
for what purpose

>ivy bridge
Everything is gonna choke that bitch.

Just tried NGU for the first time and it's actually pretty amazing. Can someone port it to mpv, please?

you're a nice shill

Attached: igv FSRCNNX.png (790x253, 17K)

>shilling for free software

Can anyone tell me how to make it so my screenshots are named after the file and timestamp?

what happen?

yes, read the manual

I've been reading it for a while but it says that the program shouls create a mpv.conf file in appdata/mpv but I don't have it. The only one I was able to found was inside the docs subfolder in the main folder

Create a new text file in the same folder as mpv.exe, rename it from New Text Document.txt to mpv.conf and use that.

github.com/vayan/external-video
this opens youtube links in a single click

I already copied the one on the docs folder to appdata/roaming/mpv and t seems to be recognizing it but just gives me "Error writing the screenshot" messages whenever I try to take one.
I just put this at the end of the conf file:
--screenshot-template=

read the manual

I just figured it out. The manual says you need to use but the line only works with "". It really makes you think, doesn't it?

>The manual says you need to use
No it doesn't. indicates that that's where the template goes.

Where does it say that?

In the configuration files chapter.

You like being a condescending cunt, don't you?

How to run mpv on Windows 7? Installed from the official site and through the chocolatey package manager, the player window still does not open, it appears for a few seconds in the processes and then closes. Running from the console does not produce errors.

Attached: 15570965422050.png (828x447, 8K)

by default mpv closes when it finishes a file. if there's no input, it closes

keep-open=yes

in mpv.conf (same folder as mpv.exe) if you want it to stay open even when it has nothing to do.

open sourceā‰ free software

It doesn't work.

maybe mpv isn't for you.

Give it some options like --version. Try a portable build as well.

Why? I have a laptop with windows 10, mpv worked there the first time.

i think the conf needs to in a folder called mpv inside the folder that contains the exe in windows, if i remember correctly
so program files/mpv/mpv/mpv.conf in your case
also, is that fucking windows 98?

can anyone explain me why should i use mpv instead of vlc?

You like being a retard, don't you?

>Give it some options like --version

Attached: qqq.png (828x431, 12K)

>also, is that fucking windows 98?
Windows 7.

>program files/mpv/mpv/mpv.conf
Still nothing.

you have more fine-grained control over things
try running just mpv or mpv.com, rather than mpv.exe

>more fine-grained control over things
what kind of things and why should i care if vlc just works?

I get this. What is "D3DCompiler DLL"?

Attached: 1.png (828x431, 22K)

Speed, very fine customization, image quality and it's also lightweight.
>why should i care if vlc just works
That's for you to decide.
Do you have directx installed and working? Try a different api like open-gl if you do.

case in point

generally speaking increasing quality, performance and/or stability.
stuff like frame interpolation to make movement smoother, applying dithering to remove colour banding (very noticeable on youtube for example), choosing the optimal hardware decoder, etc.
if you don't mind too much then you don't mind, it's not a crime

there should be a dll in the folder, if not then download one of shinchiro's builds

>Do you have directx installed and working?
No yet, it was fresh install. Thanks.

Attached: 2.png (968x507, 22K)

Any idea why FSRCNNX causes mpv to chroma scale with spline36 right after KrigBilateral? This doesn't happen when using in-built scalers.

Attached: mpv.png (966x153, 199K)

here is your player bro.

mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/

Attached: mpvnetContextMenu.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

Attached: 1555960617822.jpg (607x608, 70K)

FSRCNNX doubles luma, if krig is also only a doubler then the remaining upscaling will be done using your scale. But that's my guess.

NGU shills on suicide watch. Also fuck, my FSRCNNX is out of date. Thanks user.

libplacebo fix when?

Attached: [Kantai] Date A Live III - 08 (1920x1080 AAC) [B452E727].mkv_00_06_58.835.png (1280x720, 993K)

Believe in Haasn.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6688

F-Fuck you HAASN!

Attached: [Kantai] Date A Live III - 08 (1920x1080 AAC) [B452E727].mkv_00_07_55.809.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

FSCRNNX gets loaded and compiled but never starts being used in 1440p w 1080p anime fullscreen, how the fuck do i fix it? is there a ratio check somewhere inside the shader for when it gets enabled?

Yeah. You need to scale by a factor of at least 1.4 for it to activate. You can override that easily in the file, but do note that there's like 9 lines you need to change. They're all the same so replace all works well.

Cscale*

that anime looks so pretty. coming from season 01 of opm, where the quality is all over the place

Date a Live III was pretty trash tho, full of stills and lazy animation, I fear for the anime industry.

Hahaha, I'm sorry user but the production of Date a Live III was an absolute shitfest. Some episodes were relatively okay and others were full QUALITY.

oh, ok then. thanks for the heads-up

kys madshill

Keep bumping the thread, dear ;)

So I installed mpv but it doesn't have window decorations, what the fuck? I'm on ubuntu 19.04.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-06 23-01-23.png (1112x607, 57K)