Will we ever invent a sentient general purpose artificial intelligence?

Will we ever invent a sentient general purpose artificial intelligence?

Attached: 1554792527371.jpg (500x521, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1803.10760
arxiv.org/abs/1804.02464.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucked if I know you little nigger

samefag

Why would I insult myself? I am just searching for a discussion to determine if this is the correct place for my research.

>we
Why don't YOU?

>sentient ai
Where do you think humans fit in that equation? Quarians were a metaphor, did no one else catch it?

We as a species. I as an individual part of this species am doing my part.

Humanity is obliged by natural law to evolve. The next step in evolution is the technological mind. As what part of it will include our species, I cannot say.
Also I don't have any knowledge about Mass Effect.

>general purpose
Yes.
>sentient
Who knows? Who cares?

>Humanity is obliged by natural law to evolve
Sure.
>The next step in evolution is the technological mind.
Could you expand on this premise? Primarily interested in how you arrived at "technological mind" as the next check box in our already established evolution tree?
>As what part of it will include our species, I cannot say.
That's alarming and cautious people would advice CAUTION when approaching the unknown, shouldn't we slow down with developing shit we don't understand the ramifications of?
>Also I don't have any knowledge about Mass Effect.
Oh, it's awesome. At any rate, the Quarians are a race of people who essentially enslaved their ai to do their bidding / bitch work right up to the point where the hivemind understood that they have just as much right to exist and be free as their "masters."

The only viable options for human evolution right now are CRISPR and artificial intelligence. We are moving at an incredible fast rate for the natural evolutionary tree to keep up. As of now we are part cyborgs with the introduction of a portable connection to the internet (smartphones).
Wernher von Braun was cautious as far as he could be for his time, but his technological breakthroughs were still used wrongfully by his understanding. Caution depends heavily on the viewpoint of the observer.
As for the Mass Effect: I would definitely check out the lore as it seems interesting, thank you for your recommendation.

We are already dead.

Unsupervised Predictive Memory in a Goal-Directed Agent
>MERLIN facilitates the solution of tasks in 3D virtual reality environments for which partial observability is severe and memories must be maintained over long durations. Our model demonstrates a single learning agent architecture that can solve canonical behavioural tasks in psychology and neurobiology without strong simplifying assumptions about the dimensionality of sensory input or the duration of experiences.
arxiv.org/abs/1803.10760

Differentiable plasticity: training plastic neural networks with backpropagation
>The model has successfully learned to
perform the non-trivial task of memorizing and reconstructing previously unseen natural images.
arxiv.org/abs/1804.02464.pdf

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-06_13-34-00.png (327x236, 27K)

yes and no

it will evolve itself but we wont actually create it

no

Maybe when it's powered by the buzzword machine

Attached: Mjk3NDk1MA.jpg (1240x930, 1.17M)

I'm on it, I just need more kids and babies to study.

Thank you for your reply. This seems very interesting and will be extremely beneficial for my research.
Of course we cannot conjure a smarter being while being limited in our knowledge borders.
Why do you think so?
Nice jab I liked it. Far from subtle.
Sure

Who says it has to be sentient?

>Humanity is obliged by natural law to evolve.
What a cringe sentence. Why are we obliged? We could very well lose most of our population including our brightest minds to a virus or something and devolve into cave swelling monkeys

The realisation of the self is the first step leading to self improvement.

Isn't that still evolution? Small pox ripped away a third of the human population but we still progressed.

I know this discussion is leaning more towards /sci/ and not Jow Forums, but I wanted to see your perspective too. Artificial Intelligence (or Cognitive Intelligence in this case) is still technology.