This is a machine that churns out 100s of thousands of critical end-user components

notice anything?

Attached: hmmmmm.jpg (1330x1390, 189K)

>china
>being aware that windows xp is end-of-service

yeah its a .jpg image which is a shitty format kys

china is stuck in the 1960s in a good way. of course they use windows xp

based retard op

It doesn't churn them out though, it tests them

>MSI
I don't even need to point out the bootlegged Windows XP (that machine probably isn't connected to the internet anyway).
MSI is garbage.

>notice anything?
Yes, I see a traditional corporate environment

>Windows XP
There is literally nothing wrong with that, shit works and works fast without any bullshit.
>MSI
Who still buys MSI crap? I've seen retails board with knocked off capacitors being sold new in the box, and they even refuses the RMA because it still "works without issues". Jesus H Christ...

The icons used by that program, they're Nokia Belle/Meego icons, or I'm wrong?

This, except the same applies to ASUS. Gigabyte boards are the only ones I'd use from the bigger manufacturers.

It's a photo. Jpg is the correct format to choose.

XP. It's stable, efficient, reliable and does not interrupt the production process with idiotic background tasks. As for security, the machine is probably not internet connected, or if it is, it's behind a firewall and doesn't visit external websites.

- Windows XP in Chinese
- Proprietary testing software
- IPS Panel (?)
- Probably easy to hack
- 10:02 -> to put ads
- fluorescent lights

Why would they upgrade the OS on a computer that is not connected to any network? It's not like they are putting their credit card information on it.

Yes. I work personally in the field, and most machines still run an old version of Windows. Out of the 10+ vendors I install and service, so far only two (one is German, other is Korean) updated to Windows 10: the others are still dealing with trying to make their clusterfuck of drivers and libraries work with Windows 10 so they just use Windows 7.

Additionally, most use Windows 7 SP1 Home with updates force disabled, firewall disabled and entire drives shared without passwords on network. Most softwares are opencv + visual powerpacks + Vs c++ 2008 based, BTW.

Why? Because people who worked until yesterday into PLCs and other industrial stuff don't know shit about networks and expect everything to be like you can just throw bytes at stuff and it'll work.

However, there's one company shipping pick n place machines that despite being horribly ugly and underperforming run everything on Fedora, with the entire interface of the machine running on a Web browser (mozilla 4.0).

Pic related, a DEK (made in England) SMT screen printer still running NT.

Attached: IMG_20190506_234132_297.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

If it works, don't fix it
It probably doesn't even have a connection to any sort of network outside the production hall.

Not MeeGo, but definitely a Nokia of similar era
fucking chinks

>being in a fab
>Being aware that any software is out of service

Clearly nobody in this thread has ever worked in a fab
Versioning doesn't matter because network is isolated

Worked at Microchip and some of our computers used DOS
NXP production backend was all
DOS

This is normal for any industrial computer.
Most industrial computers run DOS. Most critical servers still run COBOL programs from the 1960s.

Those machines aren't even connected to the Internet, so no problems here.

You must be 18 to post here

Thanks for the insight, mate. I appreciate your post.

Neither were the targets for stuxnet

To everybody saying that these networks arent connected to a network anyway, you couldn't be more wrong. Most are connected to the Internet with ancient versions of Teamviewer (8 or 12 usually since they have the cheapest licences and also lifetime ones) so that technicians can connect to them and troubleshoot stuff remotely.

Attached: IMG_20190507_000816_755.jpg (960x1280, 141K)

This is one of the most modern interfaces out there for these kinds of machines. This software is based on opencv and uses moire scanning to create 3D models of electronic parts.

Attached: IMG_20190507_001325_650.jpg (1280x719, 220K)

do you have proof it is airgapped?

the second entry in the taskbar appears to be network connection settings window

>Most softwares are opencv + visual powerpacks + Vs c++ 2008 based, BTW

So basically something that could easily run on a custom build of alpine?

>NT
jesus fuck, we are all screwed

>Versioning doesn't matter because network is isolated

>MUH AIRGAPS
>Stuxnet

you're literally arguing for a security model from the early to mid 90's.

And now that I know that all of these computers are running vulnerable software, I just need to get a job at a fab and I'm good to go.

Since all the machines are airgapped any malware I drop will go undetected for years, or until the hardware is switched out.

>Most are connected to the Internet with ancient versions of Teamviewer

time to fire up shodan :D

Attached: 1552629018005.gif (250x200, 967K)

Thank goodness that I am. And you?

>implying you need anything more than Windows XP

What makes windows 10 better?

support for more than 4GB of ram

Sure it worked great for Iran and their uranium enrichment plants didn't it

No?

have you ever worked in a factory or warehouse before ? machines like this are not connected to the internet.

Well that requires a PEBKAC operator or a evil maid.

airgapping is not a valid strategy in the year of our lord stallmanu

It's using an OS that's better than it's successors.

windows xp is like the dream os of embedded porgrammers.

didn't tsmc get ransomware'd on one of their fabs months ago and production had to be stopped for a few days?

No.

To be honest, that was a very specific incident in which a huge amount of resources were clearly thrown at. They relied on oblivious Russian technicians to transmit the virus, which was around 500 KB in size (!).

>support for less than 4GB of ram
ftfy

Why do retards with no knowledge of any of these settings keep claiming these machines aren't connected to the internet? They are.

Remember that French airport that shut down because it lost all air traffic control, because the computers handling the system were still running on Windows 3.1?

You actually think these aren't connected to the network? Everything is.

Unclear it was a huge amount. Tens of thousands of computers were impacted by a USB virus that only worked with Siemens Step7 software, and the virus used a few zero-days which if calculated from Zerodium prices wouldn't make the virus cost more than half a million dollars.

But Siemens contractors still work in Iran and Chinese IT contractors were behind the OPM breach.

I have main company server running win server 2003 connected to the internet for a decade and it never got hacked.

>an isolated from the internet machine will somehow care of the EOL is near or not

Jow Forums in a nutshell

Yeah I've noticed they're using Luna. Chinks were a mistake.

>that fucking store logo they also used on symbian s60v5