Will writing PS4 emulator be less of a challenge than it was writing one for PS3?

Will writing PS4 emulator be less of a challenge than it was writing one for PS3?

Attached: ps4-system-horizontal-angled-us-08nov17.jpg (2000x822, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AlexAltea/orbital
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X32_ABI
google.ru/webhp?q=x64
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Also

in theory because it uses x64 architecture but ps3 uses some weird shit

>x64
You mean x86. There is no such thing as x64.

I can imagine a specially prepared FreeBSD 9 fork could basically change your PC into a PS4 emulator. Maybe that's why Sony actively removes any SDK leaks that appear on the web.

>inb4 PS4 has no games XDD

>x86-64 (also known as x64, x86_64, AMD64 and Intel 64[note 1]) is the 64-bit version of the x86 instruction set.
>also known as x64

nice bait

Literally no one calls it x64. Do you call 32-bit x86 "x32"?

yes and no.
the CPU won't be a problemanymore, but the GPU will.

No, but I do use x64 as well as a lot of other people. Regardless of whether it's popular, it still is a valid name for the instruction set, so you are incorrect.

oh jesus you're actually serious. get help

>how do we emulate certain machine on another machine using current technology and how difficult will it be and what obstacles may come
>you are talking about video games

You fags really need to stop arguing what a proper name for a FUCKING INSTRUCTION SET is. Seriously.

No it isn't valid, it's retarded. It makes no sense. It's still based off the 8086 chip, so call it x86. It has remained x86 regardless of integer value all this time, so why would it suddenly be x64?
>how do we make software to emulate the hardware of my VIDEO GAME TOY
You think that isn't about video games?

No because x32 is a variant of x86_64 with 32-bit pointers.

For one, the instruction set is officially called x86-64, so x64 is a sensible shorthand for it.

we aren't talking about games on video game toy but how to emulate video game toy on another machine

>You mean x86. There is no such thing as x64.

so when someone says x64, regardless of their tech knowledge, you think they're actually talking about x86? can you get any more retarded?

No just call it x86. Specifying integer value is largely irrelevant and won't come up. Or call it AMD64.
"x64" literally means x86, you retard.

x86 is the official name of a different instruction set so you clearly can't use that unless you intend to confuse whoever you are talking to.

No, see XBOX emulators for reference

Nigger nigger nigger marijuana juana

No, x86 is the name of the family of instruction sets including x86 (16-bit), x86 (32-bit), and x86 (64-bit).

>"x64" literally means x86, you retard.
then why you get so upset? let people call it what ever the fuck they want, also have sex

How about I call you cum breath? Don't get upset about it, though.

By your logic discussing how to write code for emulating korg bass synthesizers on windows is talking about what is your favorite psytrance album from late 90s.

>"x64" literally means x86

this is the kind of shit you cringe about in the future

Go dilate, discord tranny.
Also,

x86 (32-bit) is called x86 and x86 (64-bit) is called x64. I don't know why this upsets you so much but that's just how it is.

>windows
That belongs on /v/, pajeet.
Are you saying there is an x64 that isn't x86? If so, what is it?

>Don't get upset about it, though.
uh oh

>"x64" literally means x86, you retard.
"x64" is equivalent to "x86_64" and "x86-64." x86 is a 16-bit architecture from the '80s.

Did you actually think that anons on Jow Forums discuss technology? Seriously?

No, who calls them that? 32-bit is called either i386 or i686, depending on how specific you are, and 64-bit is called x86_64 or AMD64. I have never seen anyone use the retarded scheme you propose.

No, x86 is the family of ISAs that they are generally all referred to as.

Triggered retard itt

t. gamer

No.

Only on Jow Forums could people argue about which way to say the same thing.
Also the g in gif is pronounced like the g in giraffe

Attached: 1547111130752.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

Back in a gif.

it's better to get ps4 os running on pc.

>Are you saying there is an x64 that isn't x86?
i never said that. your original comment was that x64 doesn't exist, except it does. what autists call it doesn't matter. if x64 to normies means 64bit, then that's what it means.

x86 is the original 16-bit arch. Referring to anything else as x86 is informal and incorrect. There's IA32, AMD's equivalent, VIA's equivalent, then x86_64, the generic arch for all x86 processors with 64-bit extensions, which encompasses Intel 64, AMD64, and whatever VIA calls their implementation.

No, it doesn't. There is no such thing as "x64", it is just what retards call AMD64.
No, already answered this. Try again, faggot.

What's the point when it has barely any exclusives anymore

>No, already answered this. Try again, faggot.
No, I just answered this. Try again, faggot.

No you didn't.

'x64' is something Microsoft made up because they fucked up calling the titanium version of xp 64bit edition
There is no such thing as x64

Yes I did. See

I should have known those pajeets were behind this retardation. Microsoft is cancer.
Yep, you didn't. I'm right again. Just fuck off and read a book.

no u

where did you get x32 from?

Because 32-bit, you idiot. The same reason pajeets say "x64".

github.com/AlexAltea/orbital

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X32_ABI

So what?

So x32 isn't the 32-bit version of x86.

I didn't say it was, pajeet, I was mocking the idea of using integer values to determine the name of an ISA.

google.ru/webhp?q=x64
Knock yourself out.

Well x64 is actually a valid way of referring to x86_64 since there's nothing to confuse it with like there is with x32.

wouldnt it be a compatability layer for the most part, with only emulation or bypassing of the security chip?

No, it isn't valid. It is retarded. It makes no sense to just cut the 86_ off.

>google
>russia
Holy fucking cancer.

It's widely used even if you hate it for whatever reason. See the google link above, follow it and behold tons of people using x64.

It isn't widely used. Only Microsoft pajeets use it.

>it is widely used but I have disdain for some of people who use it so clearly it's not widely used
aaaaaaaaaaa

How is it widely used if only one group of pajeets use it?

It's interesting to watch someone get this mad over something so trivial.

It's used by all nations all over the world in Windows. Windows is the most popular OS for desktop computers.

Attached: 9405_51.png (600x379, 63K)

>girafics interchangeformat

You are so autistic you're completely shutting yourself out to new, valid information. You're just plugging your ears and screaming NUH UH!!!! over and over. What a child.

So what? That's just one group of pajeets.

do elaborate on what you mean buy the word pajeet please

Nice to see that Jow Forums gives (You)s to one autist and completely derails a thread.

>buy
By.
Anyway, a pajeet is someone from India.

Learn English before posting or he'll just keep screaming "pajeet". It's a word one says when there aren't any good arguments so it's a meme response for brainlets

If you're stupid enough to use Windows there is a 100% chance you're a pajeet.

It's a typo.

Then India has nothing to it because Windows is used by all nations all over the world. Pajeets are a tiny part of it.

No, see above.

no, it's pronounced like the gif in gift.

Even if it was true, which it's not, it's still popular enough to be used by the whole world. By your metric, everyone is a pajeet and everyone uses x64, so it is widely used.

It's popular among retarded pajeets, people who don't deserve to have an opinion because of how retarded they are. Letting winjeets dictate terminology is like letting a quadriplegic dictate the rules of a decathlon. They are out of their depth.

There is nothing wrong with being Indian (Indian-Americans make the most amount of money so I guess they are all retarded and still somehow wealthy). Pajeet is a state of mind. 90% of CS grads in western countries are "pajeets" since they don't know shit besides basic front end js shit.
I use Linux mainly but my work laptop runs windows and when I want to gayme, I boot into my windows install.

>but my work laptop runs windows
Get a real job. My company provides a Unix machine to all employees.
>gayme
Grow up.

No one dictates anything - I'm not telling you which term to use. I'm telling you x64 is widely used and it's truth, no matter how hard you try to push your head into your ass.

It isn't widely used. It is used by an insignificant subset of people who are too retarded to form an actual opinion.

Just because you consider them insignificant does not mean they are not using the term.

They don't matter. Retards don't matter in this conversation, so let it go. Americans say "could care less", but that is still a stupid thing to say no matter how many say it.

Fuck off retard. x64 means x86_64. No amount of autism will change that
I do all my work on a SLES machine that I ssh into but that doesn't change what the laptop is running. It's either that or a MacBook Pro since the company uses Outlook and shit. The company is a Fortune 250 company so I'm pretty sure my job is "real". I guess having an autistic fit on Jow Forums is more mature than playing an hour of games each day.

Bikeshedding is a thing, especially with worthless dummies.

Honestly you're so top-notch retared that if we were talking about getting rid of people you'd be above most any pajeet.

x64 is widely used. Just because you consider those who use it to be idiots doesn't mean they are not using it.

Name three groups who use it besides winjeets.
Fuck off, winjeet.
It isn't x64 and never will be, winjeet.

>Name three groups who use it besides winjeets.
why

I thought it was widely used?

*autistic screeching intensifies*

It is. By Windows users. There's no need to name anything else.

The processor might use a pretty much current x86_64 CPU, but the whole system is not PC compatible to the degree you'd think it is. They've included a lot of custom crap in the north and south bridge (it's like they're running a raspberry pi inside of those), for stuff like handling the menu and downloads while PS4 is not per-se on.

This will be a one tough bitch to emulate, IMO. Not impossible, but... are there any worthwhile games on this? I can only count God of War, Hokuto no Ken, and Horizon Zero Dawn.

So why should I care what winjeets think?