What's wrong with systemd? Are there any distros without it?

What's wrong with systemd? Are there any distros without it?

Attached: file.png (740x465, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/sucks/systemd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's wrong with systemd is it goes out of its way to make things complicated, and the developers admit to not testing changes. Install Gentoo. Artix is fine too.

Devuan if you aren't a zoomer

Are there any beginner-friendly distros that don't use systemd?

It's a huge clusterfuck of bullshit that has essentially destroyed GNU/Linux's future.

Just use Windows.

PCLinuxOS.

fuck poettering shit.

let me answer your first question with one of my own: do you know what systemd is

for your second question yes, there are

>do you know what systemd is
no

cool me either.

Why do you even care for a beginner friendly distro?

I just don't want to get spied on desu. That and I want to play my video games.

Then stay on Windows.

Obligatory 'Install Gentoo'.

Attached: 1551675898395.jpg (326x273, 19K)

well i dont know about video games but systemd source code is viewable on github or something so go read it and see if it spies on you or not?

if you cant do that then you have to either trust systemd or trust some other system to boot your computer (and do the other things systemd does or doesnt do)

I am told Windows is spying on me

Because you won't play on Linux. That's just gonna be a pain in the ass.

I will trust anons over whoever systemd is

unless you can review said other system i guess

cool cool. but if you dont understand what systemd is you cant really understand arguments for or against it can you? im in the same boat famalamadingdong.

Then you are an idiot. I am an user, trust me on this.

You are right. That's why I want someone to tell me in plain terms "this is good" or "this is bad" and "download this" - and I will do it.
I know :(

I think the opposite, it actually made easy for me to program services.
Is it something that Jow Forums hates because it's hip to hate on or because some reason I don't know?

non systemd distros go out of their way to make services controlled by shell scripts

>I want someone to tell me in plain terms "this is good" or "this is bad" and "download this"
hmm. have you ever been lied to?

idk generally I think people on here want what's best for me. I trust them.

thats cool. but its also a form of trust is all i wanted to point out. ciao.

Just do a GPU pass through in a Windows virtual machine.

It takes like 5 lines to write a systemd init script. Compared to the old rc scripts, that's a huge fucking improvement. And so far my services are launched and stopped as expected. So from a user point of view, it's great.

maybe the ones telling you 'this spies on you, download that' are using 'that' to spy on you

hth

The reason is that people here don't have better things to do than jerking off and hate whatever becomes mainstream.

suckless.org/sucks/systemd/
install slackware

There is always a way to do it. But I'd rather have 2 SDD (one for each OS) rather than fight with the system. But I'm not a huge gamer, so I don't care about a dual boot.

Beginner is a meme
Use void/arch/debain etc....
Heating systemd is a meme too it isn't good but isn't cancer like Jow Forums makes it out to be

SystemD=>your system dicked

Proton is pretty simple and is getting better