Blocking scripts isn't enough, block CSS as well

Blocking scripts isn't enough, block CSS as well.

twitter.com/davywtf/status/1124130932573839360

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-07_12-02-56.png (606x928, 298K)

How could you possibly use that info to track someone?

read the images access log

Mouse movement patterns can help profile the user and link his TOR activity to his real life identity.

Don't use mouse when browsing

Super easy to block though. Like thousands of little GET requests for images? You can see all the links in the fucking css.

so are we obligated to 'wash' the mouse over the screen by rapidly moving it left and right after loading a page now?

The internet was a mistake.

>HTML and JS were a mistake
fxd

qutebrowser doesn't have this problem

can't you just use a local css file to overrule the hover selector to just do nothing instead? not like it has any functional purpose other than muh link changy color

that's straight up retarded.

who cares? the only use of tor is for pedophiles. Let them get caught.

It's not even wrong though. With enough data you can fingerprint users.

Lol fingerprint will be skewed like 99% of the time

You can profile people by their writing style, how they walk and through many other things. Any entropy just makes it easier to single you out, and mouse movement is a lot of entropy. Being nervous, impatient, not moving until required, etc.

Literally this. I take my big ass thumb and press it over the fucking screen on mobile. Track what nigger? I access UI like everyone else is doing. Track what nigger? Unless I draw a dick on every window I open good luck fucking retards. Besides that you can probably only tell window size or mouse entries are only good enough for this at the moment. Unless you heat map this bad boi but then again 99% of people will look the same. Literally just suck my left nutt you twit trannie

I'm watching you hover your mouse over tiles

Attached: pee.png (500x500, 618)

>nothing to hide, nothing to fear, right my fellow privacy-minded folks?

Writing ain’t with a mouse autismo and no darknet common sites use draw input or some stupid shit like that with a mouse. That left the common culture like a decade ago

That ain’t my point. At this point any thing you do online is monitored in some way shape or form. A block script ain’t going do shit and a vpn ain’t going do shit against your isp.

The mouse cursor is what most closely matches a user's feelings and thoughts since it's so effortless to move it around and your hand is always on the mouse, there's a reason why google uses it for bot-detection for example.

Dynamic pages were a mistake

When we strayed from Gopher, we strayed from God.

Attached: smug.png (448x395, 261K)

if it really is based on get requests, then it means the mouse leaves a trail. Not just dots of where it has been

on it's own? doubt it's accurate.
but when used in conjunction with other data points and heuristics you would be suprised what's possible.

>mfw at least 90% of my web navigation is done with Vimium/keyboard, including file selection and captcha

Attached: 1550490820576.gif (540x304, 403K)

not using the mouse will set you apart from 99% people who do use the mouse.
why are you happy about this?

>CSS causes GET requests
I want off this ride

I use it enough

Different people have different quirks about how they use a mouse or touchscreen. Keyboard timing can also be used to profile, and so can writing style. If you use a few techniques, accuracy increases.
This shit is not theoretical. It's used today for tracking fingerprinting.

>:hover
guess i'll have to just override :hover on all pages

tracking mouse movement is nothing
CSS can be used to create a functioning keylogger

>not manually approving every outbound packet
lel

There is this and also that this is only ever useful if the user access the same site with and without tor
If you do that you deserve to get fingerprinted

umatrix doesn't let me do this
umatrix is such a fucking joke at this point its only purpose is to break sites
it doesn't offer any control over which scripts you want to accept or block

The best of ideas.
Unfortunately just unsetting the background value results in some weird shit.

use different mouse with different dpi

ez

I want off this wild ride.

What about keyboard driven navigation, vimium, etc.

Or use a touchscreen monitor. Nice try, FBI.

Attached: 1553756596132.gif (540x304, 1.39M)

Attached: 1555893136417.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)