I work an IT job where I don't actually do anything...

I work an IT job where I don't actually do anything, I try to play emulator games on my phone but I need to make it look like I'm waiting on a script to finish running or something so boomers walking by my desk think I'm doing something important and don't bother me. I usually open up a terminal window fullscreen and just uninstall/reinstall a bunch of packages in tmux little bars fill up and text goes on the screen. I'm thinking about writing some scripts that just print a bunch of meaningless important looking stuff with some colors like a lot of green "SUCCESS" and maybe run corefreq in one window. Is there already a package for this?

Attached: 1551837307487.png (1057x681, 60K)

github dot cum / epochblue / look-busy

What's the job I'm trying to get something like that

Matrix screensaver

why don't you spend that time finding a better job with better pay?

Um because then I might have to work dumbass

So what is it you're SUPPOSED to be doing?

install Google Ultron

Just write a small Python script for some amazing hacking, installing, updating and SUCCESS action.

Me too. I just blatantly read shit on my phone all day. It's so boring but I'm getting paid to sit so whatever.

the effort you are putting into looking busy is greater than the effort most IT people put into their actual work

>Webdev
>Come into office around 10:30am
>Leave around 3:30-4
>Watch youtube on my phone during that time.

Granted when I first started this job I was working 12 hour days 6 days a week minimum. What can I put on my desktop to make it look like I'm busy?

Attached: untitled.png (1920x1338, 1.91M)

Play some text-based adventure games via terminal. Hell, read some BOOKS in the terminal!

Attached: image.jpg (2360x1486, 701K)

If he's anything like me it boils down to 'put out fires when they arise and set up new things sometimes or help very stupid users'. However I will randomly have bursts of work for weeks, but it dies down again.

compile something and then copy a bunch of the weird looking output and write a script that just repeatedly echos that output over and over and over

make fizzbuzz but with a bunch of useless shit that looks hackerish

Enjoy coasting though life on that poverty wage

Quit and go work at mcdonalds, let them hire someone who'll actually do the job.

It's actually a development job but due to chance our project is in limbo, my direct supervisor is never present, and people higher than him are too busy to notice we don't have anything to do

>Cucking yourself this hard
Great job you retard.

absolutely seething

very nice but you shouldn't waste the time you have and invest in learning useful it stuff for your future self: programming, networking, databases, cad etc
don't waste time!!!

This, but you can still play games for a couple of hours, more than 6 hours of work or studying is a bit too much

laughing at your life RN
Just kys, why even live?

Attached: 1526221808083.png (3388x3638, 326K)

you're a bit riled up aren't you?

Attached: 1484290123290.png (695x567, 20K)

htop

>why u mad EX DEE
Why would you poor life choices rile me up? get outa damage control mode, faggot

Attached: 1526128249855.webm (600x440, 240K)

Lmao I think I made this webm way back when

At one job I changed the PuTTY color scheme to match Visual Studio and just had an IRC window over where the code was. From a distance, no one could tell

>fizzbuzz.vba
kek

you should put a sign on your desk instead

"working off site, please CALL ME if you need me"

then just stay home until they call.

I had a similar job. I was basically being paid to be a body. I used the time to read tech books to better myself.

This. I walk departments looking for ppl slacking off so we can ID where to cut. You know who I don't see? Ppl that aren't there.

I work at a university, but our building is off campus. Sometimes I just say I got to head onto campus and just go home.
I don't do it often cause my work phone is connected to my cell phone during my hours, so it can be nerve racking.

Plus I can play world of warcraft without anyone knowing easier.

How is IT in schools/colleges? I always wanted to work as IT at my school or college district especially when I have some relations as well

I'm gonna guess it's primarily where you work. My job is pretty awesome. I'd say 50% of the day is work on average.
Benefits are the biggest thing. Got pretty nice insurance deals and they got their own retirement thing. Plus vacation and sick days at this place stack infinitely. It's pretty tits.

But fuck bureaucracy, fuck bureaucracy, fuck bureaucracy.

I live in Orange County so it's not a shitty area like the poorer areas of LA. So, explain the bureaucracy part.

My last job (and current job) is a lot like this. I spent a lot of time playing WoW private servers until I got bored of it. Now I either read to better myself or browse youtube all day. EZ $1k/week check.

Attached: 1290300506192.png (351x351, 213K)

Since this is a State University, we are all state employees which means the place almost runs how the government does. This makes everything nice and messy when you take into account that a university consists of many different colleges that all basically run themselves with assistance of the university. (Ex. if the University = America, the Colleges would = the independent states.)
All of which have their own seperate divisions that run themselves. Every single one being run like a bureaucracy might I remind you. This place can be an unstable office political hell at times.
I just duck my head when I hear drama though or try and worker drone it out. Shit's a headache and a damper on a good job. Plus the state funding, yadda yadda.
Literally the only downside to my job is job security which I think I have, but with this fucking place, it's hard to tell and I wish I felt more secure cause I love this job

>when I first started this job I was working 12 hour days 6 days a week minimum
if you just did your work you wouldnt have to be there so 70 hours a week.

Midwest btw

State colleges are a joke, shitty subpar educations taught by liberaly biased professors.

All professors are biased but it's all besides the point. All Universities and colleges are basically bureaucracies.

Maybe where you went.

Where the fuck are you guys finding jobs where you literally do nothing? How's the pay? What qualifications do I need?

Attached: 1556774664686.jpg (1000x1322, 181K)

Peace and love brotha.

Attached: hdara72dlyt21.jpg (960x960, 173K)

It's likely an IT job and it might be a sysadmin job. Bonus points if it's in the government.

Do I need a connection to get an in or do I just apply for every government job available?

Just apply. Listen to my luck
>Unemployed for a year
>Living at home
>Parents getting on me
>Girl left me
>Take job at red lobster as a bartender
>Last two weeks from stress
>Cry like a bitch
>Look at local University listings
>Apply
>Get a job
>Years later happy and healthier than ever
Still haven't had a girl since though

Everyone thinks government jobs are hard to get into, but no applies to them.
Then again, the only part of the government that actively recruits is the defense forces lol
Just apply.

Just play Dorf Fort,dumb ass boomers will think you're debugging code or some shit.

>Bonus points if it's in the government.
yes bingo

Jobs like that are terrible. If I'm not busy, I'm miserable.

Attached: 1556293367402.gif (164x188, 947K)

I feel ya too. I usually counter that by having personal projects at home like making music.

>Jobs like that are terrible. If I'm not busy, I'm miserable.
Just how? I'm trying to study on my own time but god the amount of work I get done is so little, sometimes I just sit staring out the window for hours instead of studying..

>reading books in the terminal
This is a great idea. Make a big ass terminal window and run emacs and have a pane for reading and another with your IRC homies and a third with some file with some code normies will think you’re hard at work.

You replied to an NPC, they can’t stand the silence in their empty minds.

Write a .bat, manually make terminal window have important looking shit
easy to do

Look into Vysor. I used that when I used to come in for work. t. full time remote web dev

that's why you learn on your own and do the shit you want to do.

lmao

>Bill Israel @epochblue
Yeah nah

> If I'm not busy, I'm miserable.
How? I don't have a job, I'm still in college and there's so much stuff I'd like to learn but can't because I have to do school work. If I had a job like OP I'd play games half of the time and do some personal projects the other half.