What do you think of power banks? Who makes a good 10k...

What do you think of power banks? Who makes a good 10k? I was going to get a xiaomi but I hear they have a lot of fakes out there.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 8.58.33 PM-600x800.png (600x800, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Yoobao-A2-20000mAh-Universal-Power-Bank-Dual-USB-Output-Input-Ultra-Slim-Li-Polymer-Mobile-Portable/32812756937.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have the 20k one from xiaomi and it charges my laptop, so it's pretty good I use it a lot.

Samsung had a 10k on sale not too long ago for like $17. Got two

...so buy it from their ali store, you brainlet?

If it's not Anker, it's shit.

elaborate

If it is Anker, then it’s great

If it is not Anker, then it’s shit

any questions?

how about you go back to sòyddit with your borderline inane opinions which are backed by literally nothing?

Last I checked Xiaomi didn't have an official ali store, there's just (at least) one called Mi Store or something to make you think so.

I buy Qidian power banks and put in my own 18650 cells

Attached: QD-Mobile-Power-Bank-18650-Battery-Box-QiDian-1-6-Sections-Removable-battery-QD186-VAX.jpg_640x640[1 (637x528, 36K)

my anker is shit
it stops charging my phone as soon as it gets down to 50% capacity

Always do the conversion before buying a power bank, if you want a X mAh to charge X times your device better get a with X+2,000 mAh one etc.

I like my Anker 10000 bank. It works.

then complain at them, they'll send you a new one under warranty assuming you aren't complaining about an ancient powerbank with a worn-out battery
got a bunch of shit with issues from them over the years, but it's real easy to get them to replace it

>
>If it is Anker, then it’s great
>
>If it is not Anker, then it’s shit
>
>any questions?

Bump anker is legit.
Their support is awesome.
Theyve replaced over a dozen anker products for me from wires, powerbanks, etc

All xiaomi products have a code you can enter on their site to make sure it's legit

Xiaomi / ZMI are great, get these. Of course buy a real one; it's not hard to do. The stores only carry originals, and aliexpress sellers will also say if it's an original.

Anything without 18650 cells inside is shit, I have a thick couple of huawei 13000mAh ones, I cracked one open and the cells inside were LG, so really good stuff, but even if they weren't you can always swap the cells for newer/better ones.

if you're gonna swap cells you might as well just get something that uses NiMH AAs.

>then complain at them, they'll send you a new one
>Ordered on July 15, 2017
is two years considered ancient?

I've been using an Aibocn 10k for over a year with no problems.

They give you an 18 month warranty...

Good to have in the event of a power outage. I have a 20k unit that I keep fully charged.

I have like six of them. I have a problem.

>Ultra brainlet question coming in
I need a powerbank and a quick charger. Mi 10000mah powerbank doesn't support quick charging but the more expensive 20000mah has one port which does Qualcomm Quick Charger 3.0 . I didn't know my phone supported such, charging my 4100mah phone usually takes about 4 hours. Does it makes sense to go for the expensive version instead of a cheaper powerbank and a quickcharger. Both options end up costing at par tho. Now i have absolutely nada experience with powerbanks, never needed one never used one.

Attached: 91.jpg (600x736, 74K)

You’re gonna keep the phone connected to the bank so there’s no point.

My main concern is charging time. Regular charging takes 4 hours but quick charger does it in around 3. Storm season will pass in a month or so backup is not really that big an issue. I'm hesitant paying so much for a bunch of fucking batteries.

That doesn’t sound right homey. A power bank cranks out 2.4 amps. It shouldn’t take 4 hours.

Why are there so few options for power banks with USB-C PD support?

Attached: 1531526327591.jpg (666x720, 286K)

I meant the standard charger that came with the set takes 4, but saw a couple of pootube videos where they achieved 100% charge in about 3 hours. As i mentioned in my query i have absolutely no experience with powerbanks, i haven't used and certainly don't own one.

Those codes can be faked.

>USB-C PD
because people don't like the bulk needed to support 15W devices, you'll need like 8 18650 cells and even then you're not going to be supporting 100W devices for any appreciable amount of time.

The circuitry to support PD is much more complex and expensive and generally consumers aren't going to stomach the price tag associated with it.

Also the higher power you have, the bigger the explosion should something go wrong.
There is also a limit on how much power you can take on a plane.

An empty power bank with PD alone costs more than 50 bux and you still have to source 8 18650 cells and will only hit 80W

Attached: New-Vesion-Voltage-Regulating-QC3-0-QD-Laptop-Power-Bank-ADJ-18650-Battery-Box-QiDian-8[1].jpg (800x800, 123K)

I like 'em.
Anker makes a good 10k.

Attached: Anker_PowerCore_2_10,000mAh_Power_Bank.jpg (760x460, 28K)

I have a DAC which doubles as a 4000mAh power bank

Anker
Don’t (you) me

Attached: 4D8FBFFB-3B1A-4085-B4DF-9AAC0049B6D8.gif (399x152, 135K)

Anyone tried the monoprice ones?

Are they that great if over a dozen of their products have failed on you?

Anker explode and catch on fire and company funds terrorists.

I have a Xiaomi powerbank that start to get old, is Anker really better? Should I make the switch

Absolute garbage. Is your battery older than 3 years get a new one. Do you use older iphone and does it have battery that is older than 2 years? Get a new battery.

Buy battery that was recently made not some two year old that has sat on a self.

Buy Galaxy S5 with 8000 mAh battery case. Dont fall for power bank meme. You could consider buying a phone with user replaceable battery. In december pinephone comes out. Consider buying it only $150.

Wireless charging is a meme. iphone is a meme with it's battery cases that cost $120. Total ripoff.

>imagine having to carry a fucking brick to charge your phone
Swappable battery master race reporting in

Then I recommend the Mophie Powerstation+ XL

Attached: Mophie_Powerstation+_XL.jpg (679x679, 12K)

They're great for travel.

I've been using this one. aliexpress.com/item/Yoobao-A2-20000mAh-Universal-Power-Bank-Dual-USB-Output-Input-Ultra-Slim-Li-Polymer-Mobile-Portable/32812756937.html Got it because it's metal, it has lightning in as well as USB, and I don't care about fast charging. But 20,000mah is fucking huge and only makes sense if you're going off for days where there's no electricity (which I do traveling quite a bit).

...it really is huge. Almost exactly the same size as a Nintendo Switch minus the joycons, and heavier.

Attached: 201771910271090907.jpg (790x825, 185K)