How do these not get stolen, taken apart, and resold? Theyre fucking everywhere here in Boston

How do these not get stolen, taken apart, and resold? Theyre fucking everywhere here in Boston

Attached: 7BFCB99F-E530-4F54-A9C8-9516EEB509CB.jpg (850x478, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scootertalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=405&sid=6d4b1781e0e4000222a8592f45eabb38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucking hate this trash, it blocks sidewalks everywhere, people sometimes just throw it in the middle. Why is this allowed?

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Would it be considered theft? If I left my laptop out in the open for public use the police would laugh at me

Don't they have GPS on them?

>gps

Attached: D2f8mTAWsAAJpVP.jpg (480x480, 24K)

In Austin, people just leave them in the street. The faggy little bikes, also. In College Station, another town in Texas, they tried it for about two days before scrapping the program because of the sheer faggotry.

Attached: DcJOaTNUwAEA7ra.jpg (777x1200, 225K)

bump for actual interest in this question

because they are not bicycles

While technically theft it is very common for people to open them and rip out the GPS chip and just take them for themselves. Spray paint the fucking logo off and noone can tell that you didnt just order the same scooter from the chinks that all of these companies bought. Free shit boys

Any tutorials?

not theft unless they have a deal with the city. abandoned property.

Find one on a park path or something and go at it with a screwdriver dude, the GPS chip is going to have a transmitter/receiver antenna of some sort on it so you just rip out everything that isnt associated with the charging/motor circuitry

>police notified
>citizen stop! You're under arrest
>try to ride scooter out
>cops start shooting

>fat cop on a segway yells at you to stop
>run into trees because you're a park
>cop parks his segway
>begins laboriously jogging at you
>Huff puff shouldnt have eaten all those doughnuts
>steal the fucking segway instead

In all seriousness I sincerely doubt they have sensors to alert them that the case was opened

Because no one wants to be a slave to the american prison system.

Honestly might be worth attempting to steal but these startup faggots will find a way to claim that the scooters are worth over $1000 and make you catch a felly

Attached: WhatsApp Video 2019-05-08 at 11.43.28_28(1)(1).webm (320x180, 2.11M)

Why would anyone want to steal that?

haha fucking idiot

Tell that to the groups of people who throw them in lakes and rivers to destroy them lmao.
These companies wont do shit to stop you from stealing one and the cops couldn't give less of a shit, they hate the fuckin things

fuck me dude driving through downtown austin makes me nervous because I've almost hit 2 of these idiots who pretend road laws don't apply when they're using these stupid scooters

>Running red light
>Getting hit
That's natural selection right there.

Same here, Warsaw is full of them.

My guess is you'd have to put one in faraday cage so it cant broadcast signal, take it to some bunker, than yuu could open it up with grinder, and try to fuck with the hardware/software.
Wonder really, how many blockades are sawn into it.
Would be cool to find out.

>2019
>tfw cuberpunk never happened

Attached: RfeXm6n1.jpg (510x381, 22K)

So much effort to get what of it? A bunch of metal and some electronic components? Doesn't seem to be worth it.

They are the hottest meme in Santiago too. It only happened to me once that somebody left one in the middle of a bike road almost like he wanted to block it.

Women and old people should be banned from personal transport.

scootertalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=405&sid=6d4b1781e0e4000222a8592f45eabb38

what are these?

Seems like you could do this with an arduino board and a little bit of work instead of buying a whole proprietary logic board

probably, but what is the cost of an arduino + your time, vs $30 for a OG board.

In PoznaƄ these magic\electric push scooter are landing into rubbish

Stay jelly poorfags

Rate my E-twow Booster v
;) Its the high end model

Attached: Snapchat-527489752.jpg (1587x3264, 793K)

Write the arduino code once and then steal as many as you want for cheaper? Could sell them to people on craigslist or some shit

Pay-to-ride electric scooters that noone could ride in a sane and safe manner. Startups has recently dropped thousands of these in every city around the world.

Could be a cool little project. Only issue is if their code is signed or some shit.

My luxury scooter ;)

Attached: Snapchat-760368542.jpg (1587x3264, 963K)

i wish we had these in FL

don't forget to put your gay belt on it

>capitalism has the worker living in a shoebox apartment sharing electric scooters for transport
isn't this what we feared would happen under communism?

Yeah
Luis vuitton is not gay
Its high end luxury clothing for men and women

Just walk you fucking lardass.

I feel like if you have the ability to make analog connections to the motor/headlights it would be pretty simple. Depends on what kind of interfacing they have going on but I'm sure you could strip off any retarded stuff to get hardware level analog access

WAIT A MINUTE
AREN'T YOU THAT RETARD THAT BOUGHT A 9900K AND 2080TI AND FUCKED IT ALL UP AND COULDN'T BUILD IT AND KEPT POSTING THREADS ASKING FOR HELP?

Didn't commit suicide yet?

Attached: 1410454509015 (1).gif (250x251, 532K)

Yeah i dont waste time
I'm an investment banker

Stay jelly poorfag ;)

Attached: Snapchat-584407932.jpg (3648x1684, 1.03M)

They're too busy stealing cars.

Kek I knew it.
Did you actually manage to assemble it, or did you pay someone else to do it for you?

>buying an optical drive
Hmm

Attached: 1557267809607.jpg (681x384, 115K)

Works fine
I was just trolling lol

But i dont play games anymore
Its a 4000dollar Jow Forums Machine

Attached: received_544699869370048.png (642x573, 68K)

They're all over my north european hellhole, but I know they'll disappear once lawmakers decide on what kind of vehicle they are.
They currently exist in some kind of legal vacuum between an unpowered kickbike and a moped of sorts. I speculate that they'd be classified as some kind of moped, meaning the user must wear a helmet. Hocus pocus and they're gone overnight.

Attached: D2IVh_SUwAAWd4Z.png:orig.png (1158x1503, 116K)

That's a yikes from me, but I'm no better. I got a TR1950 and Vega Frontier just because.
I barely play games either, I'm too tired when I come home from work.

Many cities dropped regulations to kick them out until they can decide how they should work t. Boston, SF
They kind of just dropped them in cities and told the local municipality to fuck off

>Yeah i dont waste time
>Realizes where he is.
>Cries himself to sleep.

Here they also want them to have permit to occupy municipal property.

Personally I'd just fine them for littering. Have the street sweepers collect them and then have the company pay $100 each.
Though this probably doesn't work in the US.

Faraday cages are for electricity dumbass, it doesn't block wireless signals.

A full faraday cage by definition is a wave guide that will deflect EM around it so yeah it works on wireless

Well, new ones are rather pricy, you'd have a vehicle.
Or at least a decent set of batteries.
Im surprised nobody did this just for lulz/challenge.
Back to elementary school, now!

Same in Sweden. supposed to be enviornmental friendly and they probably get 90% of the funding from government grants. none of these toys last more then two years and then it will be on the trash heap. It doesn't fulfill any other purpose then chinese greed and filling up landfills with pollution and trash.

How do they recharge them, if people just leave them on street? Does some truck come by at night and picks them up?

Yes, every night and day negro slaves drive around the city and pick them up to recharge them.

Well at least we aren't approaching Chinese LiveLeak levels of car accidents.

> you're a park
> fat cops is afraid of green and stops

way over thinking it
>drive van
>throw scooter in van
>jump on freeway
>rip out controller/gps/ basically the control box, rip it all off
>throw out window
>leaves you with scooter, motor, and battery
>buy speed controller from china
a little spray paint, enjoy new ride

RETARD ALERT!

>I was only pretending to be retarded

Are you a girl

Doesn't sound very green.

i am when i put on my skirt

Why is everyone freaking out over scooters? It isn't like these things are a new invention.

no wonder people think Jow Forumstards are stupid

These scooter companies are making no money basically, I heard in a video that their life expectancy is about 28 days (when they are deployed)

>steal a scooter as bait

Attached: mcdonalds.jpg (900x870, 154K)

>How do these not get stolen, taken apart, and resold?
nobody wants to buy them because they believe if they owned one it will just be stolen, taken apart, and resold

Lisbon is also full of these, but they're very practical.

me on the left

return it Jamiroquai

same, sx week was especially bad. also some fucks just leave them in the middle of the goddamn street near ut.

why is "queer" OK now but "nigger" is not?

>t. buys boxes on ebay

You shouldn't own a Rolex or similar?

Hmm....
Scooters are good, fuck rental, they allow jackasses to ride them, which causes bans.

Attached: Untit3led.png (500x778, 55K)

Based E-TWOW user.
Much better than Ninebot or Xiaomi.
True chink-romanian quality. Working suspension. Perfect scooter.

>steal a scooter
>to get to the segway

Attached: 203B804E-DFE3-4764-9139-EAA7BEA41EF1.jpg (984x750, 36K)

>none of these toys last more then two years
real figure is 1-2 months

Yes, they say "GPS tracker installed" on them. Also if you try to move them without unlocking them an alarm screams at you, and after unlocking one you have to lock it and take a photo of it being safe and out of the way. If it is damaged while you've unlocked it, you're liable for the replacement fees as per the contract you agreed to when signing up to the service.

Where I am they do have such a deal. But if they don't I'd be very surprised if the local council didn't come down and take action against the scooter company.

t. used lime scooters for a week after my bike went missing

I had E-TWOW. I thought that it was shit, until I got a Ninebot.
Rate my scooter.
Do they still have weird ass 33V battery, or 36V like all normal scooters and ebikes?

Attached: scoot1.jpg (1944x2592, 897K)

My E-TWOW lasted me two years or so. Real problem with it is battery being flooded.
Ninebot, on the other had, sheared a screw in first month, fucking kek. No, really, Segway shit is worse than some romanian-chink nigger abomination.
And yeah, E-TWOW fixed all their problems (weak axles in folding mechanism, suspension play, etc), meanwhile Segway did nothing, just like Apple.

And yeah, people in dry shitholes (or with straight hands and caulking gun) managed to get 10 000+ km out of it, so no, they can be made to last. We should wait germans or french making/designing them...

Needed more speed. When they will learn how to drive?

in the place i am living right now there is no such concept of "moped" in local laws becuase its last update happened in 1900s, thus anything that is not driven solely by human power is treated as *cars*
so shit like electric scooters are outlawed by nature
but hey you can ride a horse on the road legally in 2019 AD (or CE if politically correct or anything)

Meh. Other way. Works for ninebot
>Buy steering tube with battery, handles, and controller (most expensive part, but will pay for itself rather fast)
>Rent RF-jammer
>Buy weird ass security driver.
>Find scooter
>Turn on RF-jammer
>Remove its steering bar
>Short 5V rail (it will blow the fuse, but fuses are cheap). This will kill the alarm
>Connect your steering bar
>Drive away as fast as you can, since people would notice you doing shit.
>Flash stock firmware, remove alarm, sell to other state
>Drive far away from place you stole it, turn on alarm, just for hell of it
pro-tip: get hi-vis jacket, people will think you're technician.

>How do these not get stolen, taken apart, and resold?
They do, you can find the things in pawn shops all across Tijuana. Guess the profits from the scooters more than make up for the losses.

inb4: jamal

Get a van insulate it with some metal sheets, drive it under a paking lot, start disasembeling e-scoot

>Guess the profits from the scooters more than make up for the losses.
heh you don't know how these businesses work, do you? they are years (or decades) away from being profitable.

They are profitable, but only first year, when investors dump moneys.
Next logical thing is to quit, but with money.

And draw bird logo on it, so people think you're technician nigger.
I don't think police reacts to those automated calls