What is Jow Forums's opinion on these laptops?

what is Jow Forums's opinion on these laptops?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pine64.org/pinebook-pro/
duckduckgo.com/?q=nv-40110180&t=vivaldi&ia=web
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Comfy, would use with a tiling window manager

Attached: 1505839561805.png (645x729, 59K)

I have not been so excited for a new product in a long time: pine64.org/pinebook-pro/

No official stats but I am betting this has a ridiculous runtime with that battery and processor combo.

Attached: 1519462688213.png (778x512, 36K)

>low resolution screen
>tiling wm
choose one

no nipple intro the trash it goes

>laptop
>no battery
>cannot be on top of your lap
>separate peripherals

its like a desktop but autistic
good on the side of a real pc

but i wouldn't use it in public

it's adorable

For what purpose

>laptop
>can't sit on top of your lap
shit thread

None.
Any old laptop made in the last ~8 years would most likely provide a much better experience for the same price. Single board computers like this are good for many projects but they suck at desktop usage.

I would buy this thing if it's under $500.

It's 200.

>no clit

Attached: stop.png (500x500, 201K)

Really? That's fucking awesome. I'm getting one.

>3.5 Barrel Power (5V 3A) Port

Looks portable

came here to post this

just saying that if you two or anyone else in this thread has not yet owned a fanless laptop then you need to prioritize that shit immediately.
I have never been at a shortage of hardware in my entire life, my computers always have the exact parts in them that i want them to have.
HOWEVER this cheapo 13.3" HP stream laptop with a celeron in it is to this date my favorite portable machine.
Weighing nothing, having good battery, and no fans(so you can use it on a bed or anywhere with no heat concerns) makes it so fucking convenient. CPU is good enough for a web browser, music, or movie which is all I need on the go.
get a fanless laptop its so worth

Attached: HP-Stream-13-Notebook-13-c000ng-Intel.jpg (400x300, 64K)

why in God's name would you want that?

>when nobody is buying your botnet nodes and you have to spin it as a good product.

RPi is a great computing platform because even though it uses very little power, a third of that is for silicon in the CPU you're not even allowed to use, but watches everything you do and stops if you do something bad or virusy. Man wouldn't it suck if you tried to run some bad code on your slow cpu so we through in some interrupts all over the chip to make it even less efficient for the tiny power budget it already has.

Isn't the Pi 40nm too? Or was it 28nm?
Either way, it's not very efficient compared to a modern celeron or any other ARM SBC.

>too shit to browse the internet
>too shit to do word processing
>can't multitask
Hell yeah, perfect modern computer.

I'm actually now way more excited for the pinephone. I've been using an old symbian nokia for a while now because my android phone died and Im sick and tired of google and apple, which are the only goddamn options right now if you want a smartphone.

I do not see why you couldnt get a gutted out x60 and shove the sbc in there

I would rather just use the x60 at that point.

...and it's not like i can just plug the x60 keyboard in to the pinetop and call it a day.

Maybe I could shove the sbc in to the hard drive caddy and ssh into it.

Looks near, but also looks like a pita to deal with. That thing is nearly a half dozen items to deal with if you move it around.

At least mount the pi on the back of the display.

>discrete monitor and keyboard
>cable spaghetti
There's nothing "laptop" about this. It's barely even portable in any practical sense of the word.

yeah and at least give it a battery if you want to call it a laptop

To be a laptop, it has to actually be usable when sitting on your lap.
You can make various single board computers into a laptop using the various lapdocks meant for phones though.

Fucking retarded. No reason for anyone even as a hobby to build one of these. A laptop is cheaper than this setup and more portable. Better in every way.

Post more like this

Attached: 445EBFCE-EFAD-44FB-88DD-9C6EB847C812.jpg (1500x1000, 320K)

i second this but i prefer a mid-range chrome book, I just hate the HP stream and think the chromebooks have better build quality (I have an Acer R11 w/ 4gb of ram, it rocks)

Honestly, I'd rather buy a desktop
Has too many parts and doesn't look very practical

this specific keyboard is awful its TINY
just get a logitech one with the integrated touchpad

I worry about its longevity because internal flat batteries can't be recelled in a pinch if you hate yourself, and even though it'll have LTS support, who knows how easy it'll be to get help after that. Also the keyboard looks positively atrocious.. The Pinephone is my next cell phone if it manages to come to market, absolutely no contest.

Attached: 1553832371040.gif (840x488, 252K)

good computer if you are a third worlder.

/thread

I used to use the Stream x360, but it's shit.
>32GiB storage
>2GiB memory
>God awful celeron
>no nipple
Much happier on my x200s

Please fucking don't
T. using a Stream 11 Pro G3 right now

The Celeron n3060 is so fucking awful and the storage is slow

>GiB
shiggy

>Core m was good, but it's almost unseen on laptops for western markets
>Since 2017, celerons are pushed for 250$ portables, i3 laptops start around 400-500$ mark
>Atoms are dead, 3800 series were already acceptable for small devices
Intel is retarded and fails at mobile markets and OEMs are pushing prices up. AMD needs to fix their mobile drivers to save us from this

almost fell for this meme, but I realized that it's not really portable and it while it seems cheap at first, it ends up costing about the same as a laptop. If you insist on destroying your vision and wasting time and money, you're better off with something like this

duckduckgo.com/?q=nv-40110180&t=vivaldi&ia=web

It's disposable trash with snowflake hardware that will be avaliable only straight from manufacturer. For a price that they'll ask for it. If they won't go bankrupt earlier.

projects like this could use easily accesible components, like popular batteries, thinkpad keyboards etc. but nah. Their just jewing for their own profit while making it more expensive to produce, maintain and service. And objectively worse.

Attached: DrPCaAD.jpg (4288x2848, 1.45M)

dwm is the best choice for low resolution

isn't linux on arm still fucking trash because no gpu acceleration on the desktop? What the fuck happened to maynard or whatever that was?

I got an acer chromebook c720 with an i3 4005U brand new for 300

Sorry, but that is not a laptop. Not even close.

It also charges from the Type-C port.

It's obvious they're going for a thinbook style laptop, which kinda pushes your design towards lower user-serviceability. I already have a thinbook, I just want someone to make an ARM thickbook with replaceable RAM, 2.5" slim HDD, M2 SSD chip, and battery. No reason not to use memepad keyboards and batteries since they're ubiquitous, lest Lenovo objects to that. Some HP hardware could be as ubiquitous in a pinch.

can it play doom?

What does this thing even provide over like, lugging an extra phone with a bluetooth keyboard around?

not much bonus points for a bluetooth mouse as well

RPI as desktop is only usable if you use an SSD drive with SWAP.
eMMC is critical if you don't use SWAP, and the pi doesn't have it.

It's pic related for the poor and the current year.

Attached: macmini6.jpg (420x315, 20K)

I'd like to shove my SBC into your caddy if you know what I mean.