It's over, Diarrhea Lake++++++++++ is finished

It's over, Diarrhea Lake++++++++++ is finished.

Attached: Screenshot-617x380.png (617x380, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/FOkTH
forums.anandtech.com/threads/64-core-epyc-rome-(zen2)architecture-overview?.2554453/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>intel employees face right now

Attached: 1556977189119.jpg (480x272, 16K)

I know people who work at Intel and they literally don’t care about what AMD is doing. Desktop CPUs are a small share of their sales. Unless enterprise sales switch to Epyc and laptop manufacturers start using Ryzen much more than they currently do, Intel is just fine.

>3.3Ghz
AMD BTFO OUT OF THE ATMOSPHERE

>3.3
even my 10 year old cpu ran at that speed

Zen 1 ES
8 core
2.8ghz base clock
3.2ghz turbo

Zen 2 ES
16 core
3.3ghz base clock
4.2ghz turbo

AMD BTFO

Hurry up and upgrade fanbois I need a cheap 2600X

Zen 1 ended up launching with a 3.6ghz base clock for the top SKU, with XFR reaching 4.1ghz.
Thats an 800mhz boost for base clock. 900mhz uplift for the top XFR boost state.

All this on an adapted process designed around low power ARM parts. TMSC however developed their 7nm HPC track from the very beginning, it wasn't an afterthought as with Samsung's LPP trying to squeeze out every mhz they could.

AMD has an engineering sample on socket AM4 that outperforms the Threadripper 1950x while drawing considerably less power.

>i'm using a 3.4 base clock right now
does it have 16 cores?

sure!

Jim: >Did you also find the (much faster) 12 Core?

for an engineering sample that's fantastic

Please tell me this is not the 3850x we were promised, I was supposed to finally become an amdbro...

Attached: 1550463224947.png (915x828, 317K)

Attached: this-is-fine.0.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

>falling for adored shit
ES clocks are not final clocks, but you still shouldn't take the word of a patreon whore conman for truth.

I don't even know who that faggot is

Attached: 1532035368682.jpg (1536x2046, 467K)

The guy who made up the total bullshit SKUs you just posted.

fucking wrecked

>3.3GHz

LMAO.

>16 core 4.2 ghz boost

That's literally just a threadripper. AMPOO strikes again

Is he the faggot from this image? I still hope he's right though.

Attached: 1556067019742.png (1531x902, 1.23M)

Yes. That faggot. The guy so fucking clueless that he passes his own speculations as "leaks" and only a couple days later AMD confirms that the 3000 series APU sare 12nm refreshes of Raven Ridge, exactly as everyone already knew.
There is no 7nm APU in the 3000 series. There are no MCM APUs for that matter either, they're monolithic dies.

Its all asspulled nonsense that this literal welfare queen uses to hype up fanboys so they send him money on patreon.

ES usually have significantly lower clocks, without a stepping it's hard to say how it compares to retail.

it's an engineering sample you huge faggots
in the worst case scenario it's going to be 3.6ghz base 4.5 turbo
just look at the 16 core 2950X, it's already base 3.5ghz turbo 4.4ghz, if we add that the new 7nm process is going to bump the frequencies by 10% (which is not that much) that would mean 3.8ghz base clocks and 4.8ghz boosted which is pretty much in line with

>Literally just a Threadripper
On a standard consumer socket, using standard consumer coolers, able to be run on a sub $120 motherboard, while also being low tdp. Not to mention it's price will be probably half of what the 1950X/2950X sold for at launch.

I was a day one Ryzen gen1 buyer, I'll be the same for 7nm Ryzen. Asus Crosshair VIII X570 and R9-3850X please Mr. Microcenter employee.

>Asus Crosshair VIII X570
I wonder what brand will have the best VRM for X570.

3.3/4.2

OH NO IH NO OH NO

WHAT HAPPENED TO 5GHZ

>Brand
Each manufacturer usually has a top tier board with stupidly Overkill VRMs. Asus has their Crosshair, ASrock usually has their Taichi be their dick kicker, MSI has the Titanium something or other, and Gigabyte with their Aurous gaming 7.

However I would never buy MSI or gigabyte if you're after any sort of long term stability or good BIOS. Asus and ASrock are the only options that matter

It's an engineering sample. Generation 1 Ryzen ES was like 2.8GHz with only 3.2GHz boost. When launched, the R7-1800X was 3.6GHz and 4.0GHz to 4.1GHz boost. I'm hoping this ES will follow the same pattern.

>However I would never buy MSI or gigabyte if you're after any sort of long term stability or good BIOS. Asus and ASrock are the only options that matter
Pretty sad since Gigabyte has definitely the best vrm and power delivery for the high end with z390.

see also, it's possible that this ES is not the "X" version of the 16 core part; note the large difference between the base clock and the boost clock speed

>Diarrhea Lake
sir....................buy shitlake

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

I have a gigabyte ab350 gaming 3. Will I need a new Mobo?

It's never the hardware that's a let down for gigabyte (except their GPUs, they cheap out in their caps). It's their software/BIOS. Gigabyte has the most BIOS revisions for any board by far. Each and every revision always ends up fucking something up. A once perfectly stable overclock is now shit because of something they changed.

I avoid MSI because their hardware AND software used to be shit. I've heard their hardware has come a long way, buy I've never had an issue with Asus, so I never left

>literally don’t care
>implying a random employee cares
No shit famalam

That's their bottom of the barrel AM4 B series board. 99% sure you'll need a new motherboard to support 7nm. Shit, didn't MSI announce that NONE of their boards will support the new processors?

My Asus Crosshair VI X370 got the BIOS revision not long ago to support the new processors. I'm going to try my 3850X in X370 chipset for laughs as I intend to buy the X570 variant anyway. Just to see if it has full functionality.

AMD doesn't even consider Intel competition anymore.

Thanks for the perspective.
Intel is finished.

yeah well that exactly what's about to happen. not over night but i expect AMD to take higher pace than that thanks to 7nm and a aggressive roadmap, don't you think?

Attached: AMD-CPU-Market-Share-1030x183.jpg (1030x183, 44K)

MSI is pulling the whole "we're trying" thing, but that's to be expected.
I'll assume other board manufacturers are going to publish lists of compatible boards.
Asus published a list of boards that are compatible, and is a reasonable list, even including quite a reasonable amount of their B350 boards. BIOS 4801 looking pretty good.
Might have to update BIOS soon, since my board is compatible.
archive.fo/FOkTH

oy vey

>t's an engineering sample.

2 months away from release. Just admit that it will not perform as well as people claimed it

post again if they put it in a 95W-105W package to dab on the heebs

it's unlikely that EVGA will ever produce a AM4 Mobo with absolute overkill VRM's for liquid nitrogen just cause they can..right?

>still shit at single core
>shit ton of memory latency
yeah no one cares

Oh they hype is undoubtedly real. Look at Vega, Radeon 7, go back further. Remember the hyper for Bulldozer? However everyone keeps trying to shit on the product before it's even out. Let's say it only meets Coffee Lake in terms of IPC and has a 4.5GHz boost ceiling. 16c32t of that performance sounds very good to me.

And what exactly has Intel got to offer in retaliation?

can't match Intel's single cope performance that's for sure

>The product still hasn't release and Intlel famboys have this level of coping.
HA HA HA HA HA

it's a beautiful sight to behold

>ES
Zen1 engineering samples were clocked at 3.0

Intcel finished and bankrupt

What are the chances it's an engineering sample like a month from launch. They should be sampling early production batches to partners, basically the final product for product integration. Either this is final clocks or it's not coming out anytime soon

Who is to say just how old this ES is? Spitballing here but who knows? This ES may be fucking ancient and the leaks about this chip are only just getting out now. For all we know, AMD themselves "leaked" it. Only thing I'm going off of is the ES from gen1 being nearly a full GHz slower than the actual launch clock/boost clocks.

They cannot possibly release a 7nm CPU with lower clocks than 2950X.
It'll be at least 4.5ghz.

ES chips have their own string ID identifying them as distinct from final revision/consumer release chips.
These probably won't be coming any time soon.

You dumb fucks are about to go full IBM.

16 cores wasnt gonna be a launch product for ryzen 3000 anyway.

COPE

>MCM APU
they will come later.
besides, no one knew that desktop am4 would be chiplets, he got that part right.

Wrong. Adored copied some guy on Anandtech.
Some Asian IC design technician was speculating what the Rome platform would look like. Adored copied everything this guy said and passed it off as if it was some inside source. He only got lucky.
The same shit was being posted here constantly before the reveal.

forums.anandtech.com/threads/64-core-epyc-rome-(zen2)architecture-overview?.2554453/

That thread is based on it. They post the guy's twitter and he eventually shows up to chime in, posts more shit he had drawn up.
This guy is what Adored based everything on.

And there will be no MCM APUs coming because the IGP component is going to remain small,because AMD is not putting HBM on package due cost and packaging complexity. With no bandwidth to feed a large IGP its nothing but a waste of silicon and power budget.
Adored is entirely full of shit. 7nm APUs will be monolithic parts.