Microsoft has won

Did you guys see this trailer? The video at 2:00 shows how in the new windows terminal is completely overhauled, and has support for tabbing into different linux VM's. Microsoft has completely and utterly defeated linux. The only way that microsoft was able to complete with linux with its extra capabilities and compatibility for developers was to take the linux operating system and belittle it down to the concept of a tab in windows. That's it, Linus Torvalds now works for microsoft. He is a developer for a kernel that is part of a fucking tab in the insurmountable windows operating system.

youtu.be/KMudkRcwjCw

Attached: 2019-05-09-145910_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x547, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-will-include-a-linux-kernel-starting-with-summer-2019-insider-builds/
winehq.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=8gw0rXPMMPE
youtube.com/watch?v=m3q2c1kfvio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish

Finally, the perfect operating system.

So Windows was so bad it had to use a totally different kernel? How pathetic. I believe I will stay up-stream of this pajeet shit.

Oh. Will freetards be able to recover now?

Attached: 1528444860786.png (320x272, 160K)

install gentoo

They didn't win, they are fucking scared that linux has been slowly increasing use and people are going to it instead of their shitty windows 10. In fact I'm one of those people, instead of going from 7 to 10 I went to linux instead.

/thread

The only reason to use linux is to get rid of windows.
The only reason to use windows is office and gaymen.

Why not just dual boot? Dual booders have solved this issue a long ass time ago. Just get a 128gb ssd and chuck it in your system with windows on it and use a decent size ssd for your linux flavor of choice.
If you want gaymes, get a 7200 rpm hdd with 2tb+ storage for mass storing 20+gb gaymes.

Attached: thinker.jpg (840x1107, 281K)

Sorry, I meant 12:30

But I don't use M$ Orifice or play with video toys.

Fucking /thread, winjeets

Looks to me like Linux won.

Linux has conquered supercomputers, smartphones and now it will be running on a billion desktops.
World domination complete.

Yeah, but so many basedboy gnumales will bounce on the next fucking surface tablet for js development

You're a retard. WSL is for webdevs, not grannies.

Have sex.

Yeah, they'll all use Linux in the context of a operating system that collects all of your data

>ms is scared guys
>meanwhile office is way the hell up and windows revenue has defied the greater PC market
Yes MS is really shaking in their boots atm

Just like Android, the most used OS in the world.

and then what?

Then don't use windows.
EZ

fpbp

>kernel that is part of a windows
wsl doesn't linux kernel dumbass

Okay, this is epic. This is an epic win for Microsoft, right gentlemen?

>windows adds features solely to work better with linux
>Linux has been defeated
Could you just-

seething

doesn't use*

even if i had the opportunity of having intercourse with a consenting human female, i still wouldn't change my opinion about computer operating systems

Holy shit OP, did you study IT? Your whole post is perfect marketing
Too bad I use BSD

Windows dabbed ... I mean, tabbed on us

Wow, incredibly wasted.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will add a BSD tab if it ever becomes relevant enough.

and it's open sourced. thx microsoft!

If you watch the video, you'll learn that it will soon, asshat

Literally what's wrong with this? Imagine if freetards could do this instead of eating fungus or cutting their own penises.

and yet i'm still using GNUL as my main OS.
And GNUL use hasn't completely stopped over night.
and the kernel is still getting worked on.
pretty weird, desu.

digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-will-include-a-linux-kernel-starting-with-summer-2019-insider-builds/

Who does this appeal to?

Me

Attached: file.png (638x479, 128K)

>That's it, Linus Torvalds now works for microsoft.
kek

>Windows Sandbox
>Windows Linux

Attached: 3e17d2d7e3ee0a15848a6ceb114ba9dc.jpg (920x502, 99K)

they wanted to extinguish the internet?
How's that going?
What about their plan with Java, or Netscape?

The most likely outcome with windows' embraceing and extending of linux is that it will make linux more accessable to users, which will with time soften up users to linux and lead to more shared linux/windows users.

holy shit, that fucking diagram at 29:01

So when are they gonna begin the second phase? Because people have been posting this shit every single time microsoft ever does anything with linux for years now and it still hasn't happened.
I'm pretty sure that since ballsmer left, mr. nutella just realized that windows isn't the company's primary source of revenue anymore and is letting the development team do whatever they want with it. That's why they keep doing linux shit, releasing utilities for developers and open sourcing everything.
Imagine how shitty it must have been to be a windows developer in the windows 8 days. Sweaty man constantly looking over your shoulder telling you to make the UI more like a phone.

Attached: 1541819397218.jpg (1080x596, 306K)

winehq.org/

That's it: Satya Nadella now works for the Linux Foundation. Windows apps run through Wine in Linux.

Attached: steam[1].jpg (711x400, 71K)

Calling bullshit. Guaranteed that the actual released product will have little to no resemblance to the video... as is usual for Microsoft.

OP: "Guys microsoft made a less interactive version of Linux in a VM, and they're adding it to a terminal! Linux is so dead."

GNU/Linux application devs no longer have to produce Windows ports for their software.

Who gives a shit.

Its the kind of crap you try a few times and never use because running Windows 10 on kvm is easier.

Did anyone manage to build it yet? I want an exe.

most retarded post i've ever seen

>2017+2
>not running win vm with gpu passthrough

Lol, this means Linux as a desktop OS will be pretty much finished.

Attached: 1506326593519.jpg (641x530, 25K)

Well Microsoft is probably the biggest open source contributers and they've been releasing great open source software the last few years; stuff I use now on a daily basis (typescript, vs code). Their new terminal is open source. Obviously they won't open source their core OS so I don't think you'll see the WSL integration, unless it's parts of it.

Too bad both CMD and Powershell are pure shit compared to bash

gitbash on windows is godtier though

>Yeah, they'll all use Linux in the context of a operating system that collects all of your data
What the fuck do you mean?
>Just like Android, the most used OS in the world.
Good thing it's open source so you can do something about it if you have a developer friendly phone.

>5% of desktop share vs 110%
Yep

Suppose I'm a retard who wants to dev, which embodies about 98% of people who consider using Linux to something. I have to pick in between installing and babysitting Linux on bare metal, or literally open a new Linux tab in Windows. Linux on desktop is, and has been dying. WSL is one of the final nails on the coffin.

>Microsoft has won
>literally replaced their own kernel with Linux
K

I don't see what the big deal is here. I use Linux on my laptop because it is lightweight and customizable and I use Windows on my desktop because it runs most software including games (although next time I build a desktop I'm considering going full linux and running any windows software I want in a VM).

Anybody who is serious about programming has the knowledge to set up Linux VMs on Windows, MS making that process automated and selling it like some new feature seems more like desperation than domination.

>he fell for the (((consent))) meme
yikes!

just install gentoo retard

>Linus Torvalds now works for microsoft.
sure wsl can run ubuntu, opensuse, and debian, but there's one little piece it doesn't contain or run
want to take a guess?
linux.

i wonder what stallman thinks of this, is he annoyed more by this gnu-on-windows thing being close source, or the fact they're calling it linux, when it's only gnu, without the linux

It's hilarious how scared they are
once they fuck their OS so bad and people support the linux side, everyone's just not even going to use windows.
If adobe supported linux and directX died tomorrow, windows would die within a month.

Checked like a motherfucker.

>Linux on desktop is, and has been dying. WSL is one of the final nails on the coffin.
What the fuck are you even talking about?

Dual booting windows 10 on a 128gb ssd is asking for headache. Windows 10 is taking up to 40gb on a fresh install+updates of the 10 pro, install some basic shit+drivers+office and you can eat half that 128gb no problem. A month ago i installed w10 on a spare ssd to test shit and use some gay ass program that didnt run on wine and needed the gpu. Fucking resh install ate half the fucking 120gb sd.

cry more dumb freetard

lmao you're legitimately retarded

>hey i experienced 40gb on a w10pro+driver+all updates
>lmao you are retarded
Explain to me how i am retarded?

no u

why would i fucking want a terminal and type like 100 characters just to fucking install something

>trusting microjew
good luck

kek that video showing the basic rundown vs their promo

youtube.com/watch?v=8gw0rXPMMPE

MS full of shit, all glitz

mandatory
youtube.com/watch?v=m3q2c1kfvio

Autists btfo

Attached: 1540100276349.jpg (640x633, 39K)

>open a tab
You're using GNU in this case, not linux, retard

Nope

> installing modern games in a hdd in 2019AD

I don't PC game other than runescape and tf2, so I don't know how AAA fags store their 400gb games.

Wine has poor compatibility while wsl has 100% compatibility due to state-of-art virtualization techniques. Microsoft is winning.

Don’t most modern games support Linux out of the box nowadays? And with the rising popularity of Photon, these problems are slowly going away.

Outlook is still going to be hard to circumvent.

1TB SSDs are like $150.

Are you retarded or something? WSLv2 embeds a full linux kernel into NTOS

>Don’t most modern games support Linux out of the box nowadays?

Not at all. Most of AAA games are still Windows only.

>microsoft makes one update after 30 years to it's command like
>OMG OMG MS WON!!!11

Attached: lobotomy.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

More like 150, but yeah.

I'd still say that putting a large, high rpm hdd in your rig is worth it. At least for me, the sheer amount of anime, movies, and games that I hoard would cost me a lot to put on ssds, so getting a NAS and some HDDs is a good idea.

Holy fucking shit you're actually a paid shill. There are plenty of times I call people shills without actually believing it myself, but this post has legitimately convinced me that there are literal, paid MS shills here.

what problem does this solve

>embrace©
>extend®
>extinguish™

Attached: 1548791031208.jpg (1080x1350, 127K)

:^)

Attached: microsoft.png (486x160, 12K)

>continues to ship candy crush in their toy OS
>continues to be the most unstable widely used OS
>continues to randomly delete users' data

microsofts' "oh shit how do we stop people trying linux" problem

now people can be put off by a shitty implementation of linux from the comfort of their cell, i mean windows

skrirrex.jpg

this. except i keep a windows 10 installed on another ssd for gamming because proton is a joke.

Your entire OS, and lifetimes of free work, are now a single tab in my terminal.

>kernel
>os

Attached: 1556643368207.png (990x682, 580K)