Literally the only linux distro worth using on the desktop

Literally the only linux distro worth using on the desktop.
>inb4 debian purple haired tranny fags start seething about redhat

Attached: fedora.png (1200x630, 44K)

I use Fedora, its good but not perfect. Some packages are extremely outdated, and I don't like relying on RPMFusion because some piece of shit could backdoor a package at any moment.

RPMfusion is official.

*tips fedora*

Attached: 1531381348592.png (1025x5000, 2.16M)

You are right, most linux distros are cancer and shouldnt exist, they serve no purpose. Fedora is an original enterprise grade distro and distros like Centos and RedHat are based on it. There is no reason to use anything else.

imagine caring about what distro you use

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

Their KDE support seemed pretty bad last time I tried it, and that's pretty much my primary factor when deciding on a distro. Other than that, Fedora seems great.

If it's good enough for Linus Torvalds, it's good enough for you.

Just use the Standard Linux Desktop already.

These threads are so fucking dumb. What a waste of time.

Never. It's the most horrible DE I've tried across all OSes, only mac's DE beats it at being dumbed down and inefficient

>literally debian 2.0
>the only distro worth using

Attached: workstation-testimonial.jpg (1024x377, 90K)

Not using
>Debian stable
>Arch
>Gentoo
>UBUNTU

Attached: 1528669069627.jpg (492x468, 53K)

>outdated video drivers with Opengl 3 and no vulkan support

Why?

>literally debian 2.0
CentOS and Debian stable are similar, not Fedora. Fedora is a meme 6 month release distro, the worst kind of distros. You either install something that is stable for years or just use true rolling release distros. No middle-ground.

>fedora

Attached: 4rv31ja3ovt21.jpg (750x735, 52K)

????

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>gnome
Eat shit

the sad thing is it's probably one of the best distros out there, but i will be found dead with my hand on my dick before i ever get caught using an OS called "fedora".

this is a embarrassingly brainlet comparison.

Just install a distro already, and get the work done.

>Literally the only linux distro worth using on the desktop.
What makes it superior for desktop usage in particular?

No it's not. It's made up of some Fedora maintainers and mostly random people. It's not a part of the Fedora project.

it's funny as fuck because, they hate systemd because it's a red hat thing. But literally everyone but debian had an OK initial implementation of systemd. They were literally seething about things that they themselves shitted up shipping and half assed systemd implementation

Wayland and SELinux by default

>hurr durr no middle ground
care to justify your bullshit? a rolling release is basically breaking every day you update. Since the breakages that happen from upgrading once in 6 months will be present just in every upgrade since the compatibility is not meant to be maintained. Literally anything but a rolling release is fine, since every release distro ships with sane default configs that don't need babysitting for the release support window

>thinking RHEL Pre-Alpha Buggy As Living Shit Edition is worth using
Nice try, Rathat.

What that other user said plus Fedora devs work with the Flatpak devs. Flatpak is designed to integrate with desktops and it works well. For example, Flatpaks are searchable in the Gnome Software application and it shows sandbox permissions among other things.

the only release scheduled distro which doesn't ship every 5 years and isn't ubuntu

that’s because most distros are just debian with a different wallpaper and preinstalled packages.

What DE would you recommend for Fedora on desktop? KDE?

gnome with gnome-software and packagekit uninstalled, or Xfce without dnfdragora, or a window manager with lxde tools. The LXDE tools are pretty DE agnostic so I recommend for example pcmanfm instead of nautilus, for some reason it uses a lot of ram on me, maybe it lets sit the thumbnails in the ram or something, or it's a bug currently.
I don't recommend KDE in any distro to be honest, it has behaviour bugs since it has so many functions that go unmaintained.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-09 19-49-17.png (642x505, 90K)

They're all stable if that's what you're looking for. It's not a shitfeast like Kubuntu. I use Gnome but I would understand if you prefer something else more familiar such as Cinnamon.

>cinnamon
god why, that shit uses even more resources than gnome since it's maintained by pajeetneets

Wow, I mean, Ballmer was an asshole, but to imply he evolved from a tumor is pretty rude.

It's faster than Gnome on my machine. Cinnamon devs also receive at least 120k in donations each year excluding official sponsors such as PIA.

whatever, is not a DE thread and cinnamon is still pajeet shit. Imagine chosing gnome to build a desktop on top, is just a stupid concept. Since gnome is in development

Why use any distro other than Ubuntu MATE?.

because of
Fedora MATE+Compiz

Why is Debian such an overachiever?

But I am using Fedora.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-09 20-50-07.png (1366x768, 634K)

Imagine a desktop environment living rent free in your head.

I'm just replying to your posts on why I would never ever touch cinnamon, gnome is already peak bloat

Ubuntu is the white man distro, user.

I thought Fedora was based on RedHat?

other way around. That’s why you see anons call fedora “beta testing for free”.

>no Nvidia in the main repos

What a joke of a distro

>unironically caring about distros

I tried really hard to like it, and use it but i can't. It constantly breaks, proprietary drivers are a pain to install, it only really works ok with Gnome. Manjaro is just more feature rich, works better out of the box, and does bleeding edge better. If Fedora works for you great, but it never did for me.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1280px-OpenSUSE_Logo.svg.png (1280x800, 65K)

this, the opensores nvidia drivers suck. fedora wasn't usable without the proprietary drivers

another vote from me for Fedora with GNOME. Besides, it's the top DE on Jow Forums's official DE chart.

Attached: official DE tier list.png (1897x1187, 251K)

i've been using Xubuntu the last couple of weeks and really enjoying my first step into GNU + Linux. i'm going to wipe it all and install pic related tonight though

Attached: 1492432093860.jpg (804x906, 75K)

>Gnome
>top

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

>He doesn't know how to change DE on Linux

What are you implying?

You can literally just not use gnome you retard and download a different DE/wm, or download a different Fedora Spin (mate,kde, xfce,etc)

Most people on Jow Forums despise Gnome though. XFCE and minimal shit like i3 are much more popular

Literally what I'm doing you fat nigger with down syndrome. I'm just wondering who the hell here actually likes Gnome. It's a horrible DE.

>who the hell here actually likes KDE
>it's a horrible DE
ftfy

i like it, but dnf is a slow sack of shit, and i hate systemd/poetteringware
thinking of switching to bsd or alpine

>breaks faster than manjaro
no thanks. Never again.

[x] Doubt
i have never had fedora break on my machines, upgrading from 25 up until the current version

which I don't get, it uses only stable packages. It's just that red hat never upgrades those until a new version is up.

It gets funnier. Arch users are beta testers for Fedora. For example, Gnome 3.32 was a buggy crashy shitshow and it wasn't even a developer release. So the Gnome devs let Arch users suffer for months while fixing the issues and then sitting on the fixes until Gnome's first point release. That point release happened to land in Fedora's beta a week before Fedora was due for a major release. Arch users are even bigger cucks than us Fedora users.

Sorry user. Red Hat's OSTree is going to make OpenSUSE irrelevant.

>Stupid name
>Is the cumdumpster for testing of the biggest corporate pig in Linux, Red Hat
>dnf is slow as fuck
>Limited amount of packages compared to Debian/Arch and their sons
>Tends to break on upgrades
No

>dnf is slow
So use rpm-ostree. It's the future of package management.

last i checked that piece of shit still can't render fonts correctly.

if last time was fedora core probably