I know Linux is better but I can't quite just ditch Windows yet since I rely on it for specific programs

I know Linux is better but I can't quite just ditch Windows yet since I rely on it for specific programs.

Attached: 1456354840535.png (474x473, 20K)

>specific programs
what might those be user?

>relying on proprietary software
hit the deck, this ape is trying to infect us!

Attached: 1.jpg (800x772, 80K)

norton antivirus

Things without decent Linux alternatives.
>inb4 gimp-like garbo suggestions

what specific programs?

Windows Subsystem for Linux

thanks for the chuckle.

I bought a second laptop and started to play around with Linux at first before making the hard swap. After a while the switch was so easy. The only thing I found impossible t get away from was the Office suite. Nothing beats excel and I need it everyday for work.

Adobe everything

I either use google docs or just load a csv /xlsx file into a python data frame. I use LaTeX instead of word so I didn't care about not having office.

I know that Linux is better, but Windows 7 still just feels and functions a bit better than all desktop environments do.

Example, I can copy a url to an image. Paste it in the File Upload for my Jow Forums post and it works! But I can't do that on every DE in Linux that I've ever tried. It's the little things and all of those little things add up.

Attached: url_in_FileUpload.jpg (1112x85, 30K)

Ableton Live

loonex is a meme
install windows 8.1

Don't you have a work provided laptop? Why do you need excel on your home machine? I don't even bother pirating office even on my windows install. Libreoffice on everything for me

I'm willing to bet that majority of Jow Forums are not professional content creators and just pirated the adobe suite to make some shitty wojak edit twice a year.

dual-boot or buy a second harddrive and swap when needed.

this, I mean who the actually works as a graphic designer lmao. Go back to your diversity startup or whatever pajeet shit like Google, where they don't even use windows, they use something based on debian

I'm a professional content creator and I pirated the adobe suite.

>things the IDF have never said

adobe has a monopoly on the kind of stuff the adobe suite offers, and we're unlikely to see anyone using linux who wants adobe functionality and has the drive to program that shit on their own. If that day comes though then adobe will finally have a competitor.

I use a VM for the Windows applications I need. It does the job and uses barely any extra battery power.

yea, tell your boss that and lose your job

jokes on you I use gimp

Okay

I can sympathize

no, gimp is not a real alternative to photoshop

For me software is not the issue. I basically only use free and open source software on my windows 8.1 machine anyway. The reason why I haven't switched to GNU/Linux yet is that I only have one laptop computer and I'm poor as fuck, so I'm afraid of somehow fucking up the installation and ending up with zero working computers.

based

Making shitty YouTube videos and pepe edits does not make you a professional
You are trying too hard and not funny at all. Come back later with a better response

After Effects

Then don't, you are a person with agency.

There is no such thing.

Stop don't tell them you fuck you're gonna ruin it.

What virtualization program do you use?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

better at what exactly?
better at gamming? no.
better at photo and video editing? no.
better at general usability? no.
better at software devlopment? no.
better at system stability? no.
dx12 support? no.

Linux is a kernel. You need an operating system too.

Lol. You can do better than that Rajesh

imagine actually doing this

I use Virtual Box. I use stock settings and it does almost nothing to my battery. There's also an option to change CPU usage for VMs but I don't even bother with that.

This is the mentality fembots use to justify staying with an abusive partner, user.