Using Win 7 in 2019

How are you guys holding up? I've been doing just fine. I'm not going to stop using 7 until a majority of the programs I use stop supporting it.
>inb4 end of support boogeyman
Also, anyone have a list of updates to install that highlight all the spyware updates so I can skip those?

Attached: win 7.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
ghacks.net/2017/02/11/blocking-telemetry-in-windows-7-and-8-1/
wpd.app/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want to be a stubborn brat then google it yourself. We won't spoon fed you.

Still using it. Csgo supports

I have, but I haven't found anything recent apart from some years ago. Reading the update details on MS' website doesn't provide much detail either, since none of the update details i've read through talk about any telemetry (as if they'd tell us there was anyway.)

I've still got Windows 7 and I still like it. When support goes, and the viruses start coming in, I might just buy a whole new computer. I've had this one since 2011 and it still works fine. I might even look forward to the world of hot new recent gaymen, although I unironically only play Age of Empires and I've heard terrible things about the geimu of today (DRM, online-only, no physical copies, everyone perpetually triggered over muh feminisms) so I probably won't rush too quickly to choose between spyware and autism.

ntlite your install, it reduces the attack surface (makes it faster too)

You could use WES7, pretty sure that only has security updates

just installed it right now, any specific things I should do from the getgo?

i recently tricked out my win7 install with a bunch of awesome shit, and don't plan on using anything else for a while.
may i suggest installing xmeters? oh yeah.

>When support goes, and the viruses start coming in,
No viruses will just "come in" because support is out.

>not supported
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

>stubborn brat

Attached: 16+ Of The Smiliest Cats On The Internet _ Bored Panda.jpg (605x625, 136K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

Is there a safe site where I can get widgets?

Getting a little tight in there.

Use Rainmeter

lmao why do you want any updates, just use the ult image that is sp1 and has no updates, then use win7 reducer and remove all updater functions

>rainmeter
Takes too much work, just want to use some simple drag and drop widgets

It's not really a boogeyman when it's been demonstrated to happen in the past. Zero days are notorious for coming out the day that support officially ends, and you have no real means to defend yourself from them.

But hey, that's your problem.

dwm actually improves performance you know

>I've been doing just fine
everything is old and slow as shit lmao

Attached: 1554433777878.jpg (622x1024, 48K)

Attached: 1554354257050.gif (480x238, 430K)

Honestly, ending support sounds like a selling point instead of something to worry about. Have you seen Microsoft's """"""""support"""""""""""?

OwO

Same here. I’ve also had my pc since 2011.

enjoy your 16ms lag

windows 7 is the end of the line. its all downhill from here on

Attached: 1554428608331.png (1040x445, 168K)

Someone knows what he's talking about. Get the WannaCry patch, maybe some others if a piece of software is demanding it and leave it there.

End of support boogeyman applies only for the ignorant and gullible masses

Attached: winCdfew.jpg (1184x315, 47K)

No, I'm not gonna get wannacry, thx.

hey it prevents tearing for me, and desktop gui responsiveness is definitely improved on an oldish machine

I never thought I will have to pirate windows updates. I kinda like the thought....

>Also, anyone have a list of updates to install that highlight all the spyware updates so I can skip those?

gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

>Blocking Telemetry in Windows 7 and 8.1
ghacks.net/2017/02/11/blocking-telemetry-in-windows-7-and-8-1/

>Windows Privacy Dashboard (WPD)
wpd.app/

It can block/disable some of these spyware updates/services

I've never liked Windows 7 and I can't wait for it to die. Sorry to be mean, but when I stuck with XP I got the same shit from people.

Install Gentoo

I can't upgrade since my netbook is too shitty for both Windows 10 and Linux, so my only option is to keep my Windows 7 Starter until it starting falling apart or I upgrade. Honestly, if I didn't need to browse the web I would still be using Windows XP.

So this is the pajeet general? How often do my Win7 bros rinse their gutters?

Still on it, will probably "upgrade" to whatever 10's enterprise equivalent is when support ends, on a new machine since this one was surplus in 2011 (also, one of the 2 hard drives in it is from 2007, it's loud as fuck).
As herd immunity goes down after support ends, considering how much important shit I have on it (even with backups), it seems irresponsible to keep it connected to the internet (which is a requirement as my main computer).
I'll probably be using linux a lot more when the time comes around.

>I'll probably be using linux a lot more when the time comes around.
Android?

It still remains the best windows OS m©$ has ever put out. That by itself is quite sad...

Is it not 33ms since it's triple buffering?

Is there any other reason not to use Windows 10 other than requiring legacy software and privacy concerns?

Yes

Windows 10 is slow in HDD and painfully slow with 2 GiG of ram whereas 7 is fast even in One core & 1 GiG machines

Attached: jnbjkbnpn.png (665x526, 33K)

after windows 7 just go with windows server 2012

Tried puppy linux? Android x86 for shits and giggles?