How did this spread around without internet

how did this spread around without internet

i learned about it in 2nd grade

Attached: 1_KT1OKnKxwPZlgjX-LFQM7A.png (970x545, 227K)

wasn't there videogame magazines or something

Word of mouth, trades, battles, and backseat gaming sessions.

That's a really good question. My childhood friend told me about it in 1997 or 1998.

I remember hearing the Sonic 2 codes from a kid on the school bus when I was in 2nd grade, 1994 or so, and I was just saying the numbers back to myself all the way home "19 65 9 17, 4 1 2 6" because I was too absentminded to write them down.

>"19 65 9 17, 4 1 2 6"
you forgot the "1 9 9 2 1 1 2 4" at the end

what does that do? debug mode? can you only do it from the Level Select sound test or do you do it in the main option's sound test?

Yeah, it's debug mode. You do it from level select sound test

But there was internet, also Usenet, BBS, and CompuServe.

>without Internet
1. There *was* Internet at that time. It's just that not a lot of people had access to it.
2. Back in the 90s and early 00s, common game glitches, cheat, and so on were often published in magazines.

Also if you're in debug mode, and interrupt the death sequence by entering object placement mode, you can then exit object placement mode to cancel the death sequence and survive, but if you you try to place an object after interrupting the death sequence but before cancelling it, the graphics will corrupt and also the game will crash.

Also, if you place a teleport monitor in single-player and grab the monitor while the tails AI object is unloaded (e.g after outrunning him or while playing one of the "alone" modes), you won't be able to switch places with player 2 because the object considered player 2 is unloaded, so instead you'll enter a glitch dimension that looks like the same level except all the physics is fucked and there are no screen locks. if you do this during the final boss battle against the giant robotnik mech, you can abuse the resulting screen lock release to reinitiate the chase cutscene and spawn unlimited robotnik mechs. it makes for a more challenging final boss.

cheatcc.com

Attached: 1542660286915.jpg (443x455, 96K)

A bunch of cubes, in different colors.

Erm, what is it?

zoomer pls go I've been on this site since before you were born

so you don't know what it is either

Anyone?

your question was already answered faggot

It's from digimon

holy shit zoomer begone

This. Magazines. I learned many things from kids magazines back in the late 90's early 00's.

That or cheat code books from scholastic catalogs.

there fucking was internet ya dumb git

... the internet was around in 1996.

I made a pokemon cheats webpage when I was 8, it had a red brick background and one picture of pikachu. I copied how to find missingno from some other gaming website. My dad got it hosted, we had cable internet to our house because of his work :)

We have a literal zoomer here

bigger kids with internet access

The playground rumors. But we had internet in 1996.

Zoomer get the fuck out.

Morphogenetic Resonance

Attached: 400.jpg (534x399, 199K)

go away

begone

Thanks for embarrassing our generation, dumbass.

The fuck is this Boomer millennial shit? Yeet

I think it's Missing No. from the first Pokemon game.

way to ruin it, we were havin a giggle over here.

WoM (Word of mouth) AaS

It's this re rendered in higher res rotated cool 3D, for the young ones.

Attached: Catch-Missingno.-in-Pokémon-Red-and-Blue-Step-6.jpg (3200x2400, 439K)

I didn't even grow up with this and I know what it is. You're not young, you're just ignorant. This is like not knowing who fought in WWII dipshit

cringe, the pic in the op is heavily distorted, it's completely forgivable not to recognize it like that

>heavily distorted graphical glitch

Attached: DvzZLuMUYAIFrR5.jpg (1280x1300, 101K)

underrated

Attached: wasted potential.png (297x322, 75K)

>I think
>it's completely forgivable not to recognize it like that
just log off

Attached: 1531392373056.jpg (500x514, 121K)

Or mates with books.
I had so many notes from mates and cousins.

Not everyone used it sufficiently back then. We had dial up from 2000ish to 2003ish. Before that, computers were purely for games and word docs.

Just because the internet existed doesn't mean that people used it. Many did not have dial up until around 2000.

I am from a 3rd world shithole doomer, I don't know what the fuck is OP's picture. Someone care to explain?

i had dial up in 2001 and used it for internet stuff and many people had better connections, as dial up was already old shit at that point

My family were poor... ish. (Or just never bothered).

Never owned a single Pokemon game yet I recognized missingno instantly. Zoomlets, when will they learn (to lurk moar)

It's some cringy pokemon shit, fuck I almost thought i was on by mistake when I saw the picture.

This is a board for 25 yo doomers.
Post your onions tits or gtfo

look up missingno

I looked up and printed out cheat codes on the library computer as a kid

So... that means that people couldn't have heard of things through word of mouth on the internet?

I made a website in 1997 too. Not everyone was a normie who didn't have internet access, I'm 25 and I've had internet access as long as I've been alive because my parents had a computer. That's unusual, sure, but are you really that short sighted that you can't see how that a minority of people with internet access could help contribute to things spreading via word of mouth?

Lol if you don't remember printing out cheat codes and having your computer slow to a crawl for the duration of the print because in 1997 printing was the most intensive thing you could do. And then half the cheat codes never worked because they were copied from other places and they were for the pal version of the game or just straight up fake

Then the redux version of that 10 years later where teenage me had a DS with a flashcart and used it to create and break Pokémon diamond and pearl saves in middle school.

Yall zoomers are pathetic

same 3rd worlder here
saw this + thanks so you faggots are calling others zoomers but you are talking about pokemon go? holyshit
this board needs to be purged hard

Gaming magazines for broad spread and word of mouth for finer spread.

I had Ethernet my first year of uni in 1999. I recall trying to plug the phone into it then learning that I had to get an Ethernet card. The memory is so clear because best buy wanted me to pay them $40 to pop it in so I decided to buy some ram and do it myself. Thus it marked the end of my buying prebuilts since it was so easy

This thread is pure cringe. Kill yourselves