Ask a (((professional))) network tester anything

Ask a (((professional))) network tester anything

Attached: 20150402_225119398_iOS (2016_08_01 03_15_11 UTC).jpg (3264x2448, 2.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0vE03ykZfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ur gay

no u

where do you live that niggers dont bust your windows and steal all that shit from under your fat nose

I didn't know you could rack mount cellphones

How comes you lazy fucks never work and the maps are terrible inaccurate?

>Station Wagon
>Samsung cellphones
>No thinkpad
(((Professional)))

Attached: 1557412168838.jpg (405x720, 38K)

>windows 7 running windows xp on vm
your just a wierd dude without a job user destroy yourself

How do I get a job doing this? I want to get off this NEET ride.

that IS a thinkpad retard

Attached: 20150407_181942079_iOS (2016_08_01 03_15_11 UTC).jpg (3264x2448, 2.12M)

not a vm, not XP

Attached: 20150414_204716627_iOS (2016_08_01 03_15_11 UTC).jpg (3264x2448, 1.61M)

It was really easy. They're always looking for people. I was pissed about my job so I applied with this company on my lunch break. Got a callback and arranged for a phone interview before my lunch break was even over. Hired that same night.

What area that you have been to has has the best performance?

I test in Washington state and I'm contracted by Sprint. They want to know how they compare to the other carriers so I have four phones for each carrier all running the same tests. Sprint is firmly in last place as far as coverage goes. Verizon is the obvious coverage winner. T-mobile has far and away the highest LTE speeds.

wait so are you testing LTE network performance?

what is the name of the company?

Mostly LTE coverage but the equipment will test throughput on any network it can connect to whether it's 3G or 1x, etc. Lightbridge Communications Corp, or LCC.

I see that you're parked in front of buildings. Looks like a two person job. Whats the procedure when choosing a location? Do y'all have some sort of document to show to police/security if they're called?

What exactly do you do on a day-to-day basis? What's your computer knowledge like? What's pay?

Yeah we were just doing some tweaks to the test scenarios before we got started. Most of our testing is done while in motion. We have ID badges and a document stating our purpose with a corporate contact number in case we run into any trouble. We follow the same 10 routs on a two week schedule. The Sprint engineers make tweaks to the tower settings and they want us to retest areas to see how the coverage has changed.

>windows
why?

It's really simple we just test the same routes on a two week rotation. I set up the test software and it pretty much just runs without any interaction. My pay is $24/hr, driver is paid $12/hr. I've worked in IT before but it was pretty much just help desk type stuff. I'm no genius.

Because he is a Professional.

so how do you explian THAT!?

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-085920_Samsung Internet.jpg (720x1280, 243K)

The test software we run, X-CAL, is windows only

Attached: 20150529_183953961_iOS (2016_08_01 03_15_11 UTC).jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

That's win7 with classic, and he's remoting in

It's the basic UI to cut down on resources being used. As you can see, the control panel and recycle bin icons are not XP style... you'll have to try harder than that, detective buttblaster

>KPLU
Based and redmondpilled.

Attached: 1554515204053.png (313x291, 134K)

"Jazz, blues, and NPR news"

>Sprint
Do they at least give you unlimited high speed data for working for them?

sounds like piece of cake job

Yes actually I can pick from any of the phones to carry for my personal use so I typically carry either a tmo or vzw phone and use google voice for my number. They all have unlimited plans

it really is, we usually get the routes done way under scheduled time so we double up some days and I end up with a 3 or 4 day weekend. I bill for 40 hours a week no matter how long it takes us.

whos the driver? he looks like a pajeet

Turkish. Friendliest guy I've ever met and totally happy to work for $12/hr. He always invites me up to his apartment for tea after work. He shares a 2br apartment with 4 other turks and he sleeps on the floor in the hallway but he's always happy.

what kind of diploma or course do I need to go through to join these trips?

I've got a bachelor's in television broadcasting. I don't think they really give a shit as long as you've got some documented experience working with computers. I worked at a TV station for awhile with some of the more technical equipment so I was lucky enough to be able to list RF experience on my resume. I think that helped.

>left-aligned taskbar

Attached: 1554683172158.jpg (2048x1152, 206K)

Attached: 20150407_181938275_iOS (2016_08_01 03_15_11 UTC).jpg (3264x2448, 2.43M)

reported to Seattle police

no sense in wasting vertical real estate. I think it should be that way by default.

Why do all these companies test their networks with actual phones piled together? Surely building some special piece of test hardware that is compatible with the network would provide better data, be less of a hassle to use and cost less

Why wouldn't you want real world results you freaking dweeb?
Other hardware isn't comparable.

I think this is pretty much the idea. We compile the data collected to build coverage maps so they want it to be as real as possible.

So instead you waste horizontal real estate

How can you say that? You think the power company drives a mobile home around to verify the functionality of their grid? No they have tools they can connect to the lines to be sure. It seems like overkill or like these telco companies don't know how their own tech works

I forgot to mention we also have a roof mounted antenna that collects broader data about the surrounding RF environment, ie signal-to-noise

Because different phones have different sensors inside them. I have never worked with cellular signal, but I did a two-year contract where I with GPS data, including raw data read from sensors. It's amazing how bad low-end devices are in terms of everything. Some of the cheapest Huawei and Samsung devices would give off GPS readings around 0 lat 0 lng while inside a Faraday cage. You _need_ real-life data or you are in the dark.

well yeah, there's a lot more of it

>aggressive know nothing
The absolute state of Jow Forums

best thread on Jow Forums right now thank you op

Attached: 1556534118302.jpg (320x322, 23K)

What do you feel about OpenSignal app?
Could you fill it's map?

I think it's a great idea and theoretically I could add to their map but I'm not sure if it would affect my testing at all so I'm hesitant to try it. I stick to what's asked of me and nothing more

Thanks for the key senpai

Attached: wga.png (137x54, 1K)

It checks reliability on the background you can change how often in it's settings.
It has load test and history.

Do you have rules about using your own phone on the job? If they have nothing against using your own. You could do load tests in between work phone tests.

If you were allowed to install the app to test phones it could show differences between the phones.

We blow through an enormous amount of data and pretty early on found that even though we have unlimited plans, we were being throttled after so many GB so we had to make special arrangements with telcos to provide truly unlimited data no matter the cost. It's an enormously expensive operation when you consider the cost of a separate unlimited plan on 12 phones. The 4 from Sprint are covered, obviously. Our vehicle is also just an Enterprise rental and it costs around $700 a month. I have to take it in every month for a check in and if it needs an oil change we have to swap vehicles.

Fuck I love doing this for free I am obsessed with speed tests
Any ausfags got any info with 5g rolling out here and how I'd get a tester job?

Are the test phones tested seperately or all at the same time, load test? To me same time testing would harm data download and upload rate. Also connectivity might show quirks.

Each of the four phones is performing a different test. One upload, one download, one placing calls, and one is constantly hammering a server with pings to gauge response time.

What is that shit, E series? Anyways it's still not a ThinkPad, only T, X, and P really count.

Why only Samsung and no iPhone/Sony/Xiaomi?

Also do they run stock roms or do they run a specially crafted rom? Same thing for radio firmware, do they run the standard one or a custom made one?

You're a fucken tool. Get out of this thread

Perkele, munapää!

You should tweak your windows 7.
Search for performance and visuals. Take most off.
Check power plan and pick your use case. Check more indepth settings too.
Go to BIOS and check cpu tweaks and other performance.
Open task manager and check do u have bloat on.
Windows key + R -> msconfi -> window. Check all of it's tabs

Standard everything across the board. We stop work and accept OTA updates as they come in periodically from the carriers. As to the Samsung only thing, I have no idea.

thanks but it's pretty lightweight what we're running. The MCU (box with cords) is doing most of the heavy lifting.

Attached: autistic.jpg (405x450, 100K)

That's a bit "biased" IMO then, different phones will use different radios/antennas and therefore might have different better/worse coverage.
I guess Sprint sells a lot of Samsung phones at this point, even more than the other brands/models

talk to your supervisor about why samsung phones only and other stuff u think is worth mentioning.

It's probably one of the very few phones that's available from each of the four carriers. This eliminates any bias toward one carrier or the other.

Looks like this thread has wound down, I'm off to bed. I'll check back tomorrow

He's testing the network not the phones retard

right-aligned master race
You guys make me feel embarrassed to be a part of this board, honestly.

Should they not just test all bands and transmitter ranges? Everything else is bloat and not needed data. But im no expert.

Do they test most phone models because they need to know that the phones they sell do work?

Do they have different tech at different locations, so some phones lose performance depending on location and not because of the transmitter stuff?

Open questions.

Is 5G a meme for common user?
Is it true that Huawei 5G is the best or just Chinese bullshit?

we just testing your intelect fag

Attached: 1555601505785.jpg (618x494, 55K)

>i was only pretending to be retarded

Attached: 1541039934124.jpg (500x500, 36K)

ebin

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0vE03ykZfk

Got your dox lol

IMSI-catcher :^)

Does the company do full load tests?
I mean that they test full transmit/receive bandwidth with a device in different locations to see the max possible capability in different locations or distances from a transmitter.

Video looks outdated and boring. Has no one figured out a better way to fill someone in on this subject.

change the filename before larping

>got your dox lol
kys

The state of AMD idiot being this retarded

Attached: 09F8FAD1-BC6E-4E81-B27D-77E3B757EE64.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

Will you get special benefits for when you get turbocancer?

Enjoy the oncoming cancer from being so close to so many phones generating cell radiation.

It seems you are the retard for not being able to understand a simple English sentence.
Even if you are using the same network operator from the same mast, different phones can get more or less strong signal based on the antenna and the software radio.
Luckily more intelligent people like can provide an explanation.

What car is that I love it?

t. has never had a job

right aligned gang

Attached: 1.jpg (630x1080, 94K)