Is it worth it? I kind of want one but I'm curious about what they come out with for the Pixel 4

Is it worth it? I kind of want one but I'm curious about what they come out with for the Pixel 4.

Attached: pixel-3a-xl-together-2.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hV70KpTGX4I
androidpolice.com/2019/05/02/whoops-looks-like-best-buy-already-put-out-some-pixel-3a-xls/
youtu.be/18nJ3hjUCTw
youtu.be/BVKnt7H4zVc
youtu.be/sD1nfDauiaI
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-x-4th-generation-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-super-black/6307246.p?skuId=6307246
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2019
>still making phones with giant foreheads and chins

for me, it's the Fxtec Pro1

Attached: serveimage(11).jpg (1340x754, 143K)

wondering this too. I have an s7 now

It's a budget model, also, anything is better than a notch.

>it's a budget model
>costs as much as Xiaomi's flagships
>has 64 GB of non expandable memory and maximum of 4 GB of RAM
>camera is a joke compared to similarly priced or twice less expensive phones
>battery life will most likely be nothing special either
You'd have to be mental to buy this.

>>camera is a joke
Almost got me there, have your (you)

>>costs as much as Xiaomi's flagships
>Phones with ads within the settings
Not even once.

Attached: ads-in-settings.jpg (675x1200, 74K)

>camera is a joke
>Almost got me there, have your (you)
Have your comparison:
youtu.be/hV70KpTGX4I
I didn't "get you", as I wasn't joking.

>complaining about something you can turn off just by changing a region or turning off a few toggles
You don't even have to take any of that, as you can use a custom ROM since they're as developer friendly as Pixels are. Hey, but good thing you're not saying anything about the obvious shortcomings to put it lightly of the Pixel 3a.

Chink phones suck ass, as the Chinese make crap. The white man has imagination, therefore innovation. I've tried both and would advise anyone to purchase the Pixel 3a over anything made by dog eating chinkshit.

The guy in the video states multiple times the pixel has a better camera, not sure what you're trying to do here lol.

>Going through extra steps to achieve something no other phone needs.
Also, enjoy no android updates lol

Genius, your Pixel is Chinese as well.
androidpolice.com/2019/05/02/whoops-looks-like-best-buy-already-put-out-some-pixel-3a-xls/

>going through the "hassle" of turning off a few toggles
Oh, okay. I'm not defending anything, but you're over exaggerating this.
>Also, enjoy no android updates lol
You're just playing dumb now, right?

Stop with this fucking meme already.
vertical space on phones is a fucking joke.
They should have never expanded past 16:9 in the first place, you gain fucking nothing by making the chin and forehead slimmer or notched.
"Oh man I'm so glad I paid $1000 so I can read 1 extra line of small sized text before scrolling"
What is the fucking point?

>The guy in the video states multiple times the pixel has a better camera, not sure what you're trying to do here lol.
He only said that colors are more natural and it's a comparison without Gcam. Also, the Redmi Note 7 Pro has a 48 MP sensor, so...

Xiaomi phones only get one android update, while pixel phones have guaranteed at least three, they also get the updates first and straight from google.

>Memepixels matter
Come on now

>i woodin buy ginese fone :((
>slap apple or google sticker on it
>XDDDDD

>2019
>still fall for stupid marketing gimmick

>still pretending not to have read what I said about custom ROMs
>bragging about standard 3 years of updates

I bought one for $800 AUD and I love it, despite the slower processor it's very fast for general use which is probably due to the lack of shit bloat. Faster than my old Note 8 that's for sure.
My one complaint is the OLED isn't so great, on a darker pure colour image there's obvious differences in how the screen is lit. Not sure how to describe it beyond that, it's not really visible during actual use though so I don't want to bother with returning it until I get one with a perfect screen.

If you have any questions about it, shoot. XL model btw.

Just because the factories are made in China does not mean they're made under the same standards.

Pajeets really are the worst.

Xiaomi Mi phones usually get 2 major version updates, Redmi phones usually get 1 major version update (sometimes skipping one version). You get security patch level updates for about 4 years along with UI updates, basically a 5 old Xiaomi phone on lollipop still gets Android Pie function.

If you include third party roms, me Redmi Note 3 pro has went through android 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and now 9.0.

>Memepixels matter
>Come on now
Well, they do, as this isn't 8 MP vs 16 MP back in the day. This is a major difference and it also doesn't have a depth sensor and a 12 MP front camera.

>a larger screen is a marketing gimmick

Does it lag or stutter? I'm concerned about how it would perform later down the road.

>wanting a phone that's impossible for you to hold without accidentally touching something on the screen

isn't this argument inherently racist, if not nationalist? you need an american dviersity hire to oversee operations to make sure those chinese ant people do a good job? how much carbon does it take to mass produce a new model phone every year?

>a longer screen is a marketing gimmick
Fixed.

You hold your phone by the top and bottom?

I haven't experienced any lag or stutter, I've had it for about 2 and a half days.

Try not to embarrass yourselves too much. Understand the difference between manufactured in China and designed (copied, borrowed, stolen), and manufactured in China. I know it's difficult to understand when both are manufactured in China, but you'll do well once you think on it some more. Good luck!

>Just because the factories are made in China does not mean they're made under the same standards.
Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh, here are your Pixel build standards:
youtu.be/18nJ3hjUCTw
youtu.be/BVKnt7H4zVc
youtu.be/sD1nfDauiaI
Every company has had their fair share of duds, but Pixels aren't exactly known for being durable.

But it isn't.

You're just arguing semantics. Also:
>pretending designed in California or whatever means anything when virtually all electronics are manufactured in China

Lolno, different brands have different quality standards and processes, pretty common knowledge.

But it is.

only americans are smart enough to design a well built phone

thank you big amelican penis, for showing me how to build mobile processor inside aluminum and glass box. cerrestrial pepol not smart enough to figure out

It's not about race. It's about the fact the US is responsible for the creation of all computing devices, nuclear bombs, scientific marvels, etc. Want better stuff instead of stealing and copycatting? Try harder, China.

It's not semantics, it's a very fucking huge difference. Manufactured and design are two completely different things. And are you arguing China is only capable of following an American blueprint? Because that's weak and incorrect.

>Xiaomi fans ruin a smartphone thread.

What else is new?

Do you know who invented the smartphone? US citizens. I know it doesn't fit in well with your anti-American sentiment. I highly suggest you not look into history.

It isn't even worth half that to be honest.

>Mate SE I bought last year at Walmart on clearance for $120
>4GB/64GB, processor comparable to SG 625, battery life insane, 1080p+, dual sim expandable memory
>Unlocked the bootloader & installed GSI Rom. No bloat crap.

Its seriously the most content I've ever been with a phone. Paying over $200 for a great phone is no loner necessary at all so I don't get these fags. More money than sense.

Attached: huawei-mate-se-hero-render-final.jpg (1600x1599, 270K)

Go ahead and buy this overpriced phone, no one's stopping you. You know what they say? Fool and his money are soon parted.

>No NFC
Dropped.

Camera is the exact same as the Pixel 3's camera, which is the best on the market.

Battery life on the 3a XL is easily 10 hours SOT.

Source: I own one

But then, I've probably been rused, so

It's a bit different, better colours in some cases and worse in some other regards. Very minor though.
Video camera is worse but not much people care for that.

I'll live. An NFC chip costs very little yet the companies have pushed this as a premium feature these days so they can charge more for a "premium" device. I ain't playing that Jew game. Same as USB type C. They're nice sure, but akin to slimy practices at car dealerships adding on packages to justify the customer paying a shitload more for stuff that really doesn't matter.

What's the Xiaomi to get these days thats affordable with good ROM support? I've kept my eye on the Mi A2, but I dont know if its a justifiable upgrade from an Honor 7x/Mate SE.

I don't think I've ever used NFC.

>Battery life on the 3a XL is easily 10 hours SOT.
At least that seems like an improvement. Care to post any screenshots?
>Camera is the exact same as the Pixel 3's camera, which is the best on the market.
Not anymore. The P30 Pro exists, etc.

I use it for payments and public transport everyday.

>I've kept my eye on the Mi A2
Literally the worst choice.
>no micro SD card slot
>no 3.5mm headphone jack
>3000 mAh
I don't know what they were thinking. Redmi Note 5/6 Pro/7/Poco are all superior choices.

grown ups with multiple bank accounts use it.

I need NFC to pay for things with Google Pay. No NFC, no money from my wallet.

I'm not in the US so no support, but thanks for the heads up dad.

Cool.

I'm a single SIM/non SD card user so that didn't bother me but you're probably right. Graphics would be a bit better w that chip, but everything else not so much. Which is why I haven't pulled the trigger. I can tweak my SE's kernel anyway.

Those Redmi Notes have a pretty big screen though. Mine is 5.9" (at 18:9) and I feel its too big at times & it tries to sneak outta my pocket a lot.

It's still a good camera for a 400 dollar phone I guess.

The U.S actually has terrible NFC payment support compared to other countries

just get honor 10 and you'll be ok

>$649/$799 in Australia

Google killing it again

>micro USB

Attached: fuck_off.png (597x449, 275K)

>Paying a premium to charge a device a different way

Attached: download (2).jpg (246x205, 5K)

bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-x-4th-generation-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-super-black/6307246.p?skuId=6307246
>USB C
>Fast charge
>IP68 rated
>MicroSD
>$150

Attached: 1484587992785.jpg (499x488, 108K)