I'm thinking about getting into game development boys...

I'm thinking about getting into game development boys, Ive fucked around with it in the past but recently I've been hit with a spot of free time and decided to give it a shot. I've decided on using the game engine Godot mainly because the default language is pretty simple and it's open source with no royalties on what you make.
Any tips fellas?

Attached: download (1).png (144x144, 2K)

no but I have tiddies

Attached: 813645.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Try Unity or Gamemaker instead

Godot is a great idea, go for it!

Your first game might not be a huge success, but keep at it!

Thanks man, I'll try my best

Why so? Is it a personal preference or on a more technical level?

When you have progress abour your game and want to show it you can go to

Godot is too new to be useful

don't make rotating arm guns, unless your player is a robot

Godot is great for small games, it lacks features to maintain huge games at this point, if you wish to create smaller games like time attack racing or mobile shit, then Godot is golden.

less people to answer your questions online, still fun to work with though

>game development boys
with or without programming socks?

Nowdays game development is comprised of several specialities. Graphics, Animation, Engine Development, etc.

Pick a niche and become an expert in it.

Godot is objectively shit compared to Unity the only freetard software worth a shit is Blender which is actually a great piece of tech

This.
Godot is shit once your game scope is larger than that.

But user, both are pretty shit.

Don't listen to the ignorant retards, I've used GM, Unity and Godot and Godot is much, much better for 2D.

I hope you have nothr source of income, game development can be pretty fucked up, the few indie devs out there do it out of love and autism and very few are successful.
Meanwhile pajeet tier front end will pay you a lot more which is sad.
Also unity is better than godot no matter what autists on Jow Forums tell you sorry breh

>Also unity is better than godot no matter what autists on Jow Forums tell you sorry breh
For 3D yes but then you could be using UE4 instead which is superior to both, Godot is better for 2D though.

>Any tips fellas?
what's your goal?
to find a job in the industy
doing things for fun
indy studio?

Brush up on your trigonometry and geometry in general. Can you 3d model or draw? If so that will determine whether you go 3d or 2d, if not you'll have to learn that too. Ideas can be tough too, like you build a world but then realise you don't know what mechanics to implement. Good luck.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you but these days I'd say Unity is superior. In any case, OP should try a few different things and find what works for him.

Based

>UE4 is superior
I don't understand where this idea came from. Clearly not from people who have experience with both engines.
UE4 is a fucking bloated and featureless at same time garbage useless outside of 3rd person action games and pretty visuals.

Godot is superior for 2d games. And if he is going to sell his games then he doesn't have to pay for some pro version.

How in the flying fuck is UE4 "featureless" and how in the flying fuck is it only good for "3rd person action games"?
Clearly you don't absolute shit about what you're talking about, please stop talking out of your ass, why are unitards always so moronic?

>garbage useless outside of 3rd person action games
>conveniently ignores the thousands of games made in every genre imaginable
Granted it's crap for 2D but it's FAR superior to Unity in every single way for 3D.

t. used both, unlike you

Not him, but the learning curve for UE4 is pretty steep for new developers and has way more features and functionality than is really deemed necessary for making a simple 2D game. That is, UE4 can make any type of game ever, but for newer developers I wouldn't recommend it as the engine to use right off the bat. You'll be learning how to use the engine way more than you will actually be working on your project.

>You'll be learning how to use the engine way more than you will actually be working on your project.
This goes for any engine and it's simply a temporary pain, the reason why you shouldn't start with a full-fledged engine is that you first should learn the basics of programming and game logic, you don't need to go full engine-making autism but knowing the fundamentals will make things less painful.

The ultracrepidarianism is strong with this user.

>Any tips fellas?
Limit yourself to what you can finish. This is extremely important. 99% of games never get finished.

create your own Nenegine

UE4 is having like 10% or less of unity features

>That is, UE4 can make any type of game ever
You can make any type of game in plain DirectX as well. The purpose of engine is to provide tools for rapid development.
UE4 lacks these tools. If you game isn't unreal tournament reskin, then you basically need to write everything from scratch.