Installed Ubuntu 18.04 last week from windows

>Installed Ubuntu 18.04 last week from windows
>encounter problems around every corner
>spend hours and hours trying to install programs and not succeeding

Am I retarded or is Ubuntu shit? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Linux over Windows.

Attached: 1465970039224.jpg (650x482, 324K)

>ubuntu
That is your problem.

Ubuntu is shit, but even then:
>trying to install programs and not succeeding
sounds like you fucked up

>Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Linux over Windows.

You'll be spending hours no matter what distro googling how to install any program.

the whole binary compiling, github, .config, terminal, sudo package nigger, readme, your version of distro X, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1520982234650.jpg (957x621, 90K)

What programs did you try to install? I don't know shit about computers, I just look up the installation command on the internet, copy and paste it into the terminal and hit enter. It's not hard.

MPD and ncmpcpp was the most recent one that made me give up on life and aspirations

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install your_package-name

Everything you wrote applies to basically every sub-nieche program on every OS, most of progs people use are at the very least in PPA

yeah i get that retard, its all the bugs, errors, problems and shit that comes with it

Attached: 1519956827356.jpg (351x364, 29K)

Did you install Ubuntu or did someone replace your usb with a Slackware install?

I've used Ubuntu a few times, usually the system broke (as in: X stopped working, OS started to freeze on random, etc.) but never got it to the point where I was not able to install anything.
Ubuntu is shit among the shits, but something tells me it's not the problem here. Either you or your soft is.

if you get all kinds of bugs and errors when using apt install you're doing something wrong
you're the retard here

all linux distros have terrible desktop and laptop support. the fact that a given distro config works on your machine is not a sign that it is good but rather dumb luck.

Something must have failed during installation, Ubuntu is easy when installing or upgrading. Quote some error messages and we might see what is wrong.

Attached: Trppy3.gif (440x330, 486K)

Be me. Decide to leave jewsdows for good. Install manjaro i3. Learn the keys. Love using it. Random update arrived to it's update manager, click ok. Everything gets fucked. Won't bother.jpg
Install Linux Mint Cinnemon. Great desktop, great functionality. No drivers for my Radeon graphics.Oh well.. 1 hour firefox, laptop heats like dog. Check: 1.7gb ram used on firefox 2 tabs. Computer has only 4gb ram. Uninstall.
Install Linux Mint Mate. Wireless won't work. Restart computer. Start menu is all fucked. I hate this shit. Uninstall.
Install Linux Mint XFCE. Configured keyboard commands so that I can use it like Manjaro i3. Workspace commands won't work. Super+Shift+Q sometimes runs Firefox which is Super+Shift+F. Oh well.. I pray it doesn't suddenly self destruct as I type this but all seems good for now

>no driver for radeon
gtfo

the radeon driver has been included with the Linux kernel since like 2016 ffs

>what is guix?
>whit is bitwise reproducability?

A redditor wrote this post. You need to go back.

It's a completely different system that you have to be willing to learn to use. Don't expect everything to work like in windows.

>Installed Ubuntu 18.04 like 3 months ago from windows
>Only issue i ever had was me doing something silly and breaking grub and i managed to revert it
Stop being retarded

no. i had problems starting from the installation (bios problem), then it installed the wrong graphics drivers so i had to re-do that, then the sound wasn't working properly. Linux is nice and all but there's a reason why it'll never be mainstream. the average person wouldn't know how to fix this stuff or even what to google to learn how to.

Most likely you fucked up. Don't worry. I hit a ton of roadblocks when I first started with Ubuntu. You'll get there. Tons of fourms and what not where you'll see similar problems and solutions.

>from windows
There's your problem. Just boot it from USB and install from there.