Book Recommendations:

Book Recommendations:

Coming out of a long binge of NEET'dom and want to start getting my shit together and working toward entry level IT.

Already have a homelab with an odroid running pihole/dns, R710 with esxi/freenas/winserver and am comfortable with basic linux usage.

anyway what books do you guys recommend?
>for A+ cert prep
>anything else relevant for someone starting out

Thanks frens

Attached: d172b613b5994c8b89ce0f0807e5fc62.jpg (655x527, 56K)

bump

Attached: c9d.png (657x527, 80K)

bump

A+ is not a good cert. Security+ is a requirement at a lot of defense contractors even though it's also not a great cert, Linux+ is better, RHCSA/RHCE are really good. CCNA is a good bet. I don't think you NEED any of these, and often times your employer someday will pay for them, so I'd say if you want entry level sysadmin kinda work security/Linux+ might be good targets.

A+ is the cert you get if you want to change toner for Cathy from the nurses station, except you don't need a cert for that.

Attached: lb1j9j7tztu21.jpg (1080x859, 69K)

A+ is a good cert if you have NO work experience. If you have 1-2 years of IT experience on your resume there is no reason for you to ever get an A+ if you don't already have one.

OP here yeah exactly why im working to get it first.

Are they still putting dot matrix in A+? Kek it's useless. Anything from that cert is essentially coming from a place of being a computer illiterate, not knowing what an inkjet is, I wouldn't put any stock in it for hiring personally, although I'm not in IT anymore granted.

A+ is basic requirement. That's like bare minimum. What you want are network+, Security+, CCNA wireless, security, and data center, and what you really want as a career path it sounds like is CCIE.

Expect to do 3 years minimum of grunt work. While you get more certs and experience.

I don't have any certs at all but I have a college degree. The guys that start out at my work are expected to have at least a high school diploma and an A+, no previous work experience required. The A+ will help you stand out, we get a lot of people from different backgrounds trying to get into IT but they don't know shit about computers. I wouldn't risk a whole job based on your technical interview because you were trying to save a couple hundred on the exam.

Join the military. Get them to buy all your books
Transfer to NSA or CIA after ten years
Do it

already 30 y/o NEET. military isnt really an option because reasons :/

Just trying to start improving my life from being a NEET or working in kitchens forever

Fuck off

OP here, got pic related any other recommendations?

Attached: stuff22.png (928x386, 50K)

dumb frogposter

dont let my thread die frens

Attached: 1549923805875.png (641x481, 142K)

>>for A+ cert prep
That's pajeet-tier, faggot. Try RHCSA. It's not very expensive and should be relatively easy to pass, considering you have linux experience.

congratulations coming out of Neetdom.

Attached: tumblr_o2pbpx8lze1ux2lf1o1_1280.jpg (1280x1707, 181K)

what i'd recommend user is to do all this while working. i know you're a neet and its hard, but get the best job you can atm that's even slightly related to IT, tech support shit like that, and keep improving while working. For your resume obviously lie and make up shit jobs like retail landscaping, stuff that'll be hard to follow up and none will anyways in a shit job

This is exactly how I finally transitioned into tech. I was originally in banking but on my resume put down that I was in technical support, which wasn't a total lie because I did do some light tech support on the job. Did shitty tech support for two years and then got into contracting for data center jobs and now I make good income doing Cloud data center stuff.

bump

i'm not out yet but im trying fren

Attached: 1509585720423.png (532x582, 514K)

Appreciate the difference.

Attached: 1503937708014.jpg (500x2855, 1.31M)

This